Site Development Notification and Feedback Thread

Moonlight Bloom
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@The Smiling Pony
I read them as I would text, occasionally scanning them and not really reading them. Before, it was easy to scan them and get to the tag I wanted to quickly. Before this, the tags were the same for so long that I’ve almost always had the counts and the + almost automagically filtered out in my head and I was able to skip over those with ease when I wasn’t actively looking for them.
With this change, it is actively harder to do so, because the contrast brings too much attention to what I’m not looking for (most of the time), and now that the + has been moved to the left it’s constantly throwing me off.

That’s another thing I didn’t think about, but is very clear: My brain is also trained to ignore the + and tag numbers, so I agree that this just makes it far harder to scan them quickly.
Bitshiftwastaken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

I’m not sure why the tag design needed to be changed in the first place, but after reading up a bit here, one more for the “numbers are distracting” tally. Either get rid of them or make them a subtle faded color so it’s easy to focus on the tags. As it stands, this genuinely makes it harder to use the site.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
full  
full

What do people think of this in comparison

(Note the tag names are arbitrary and the counts are random)
Moonlight Bloom
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@byte[]  
That’s much better in my opinion. Granted, I still like the old/original ones better because I’m used to them (and that’s just how I am), but I don’t see any objective issues with this version, aside from maybe the number text being slightly more bold than they used to (but that could just be my eyes playing tricks on me). Overall: I could live with this hypothetical version.
evan555alpha
Crazylis - Derpi Supporter
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Emerald -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Wallet After Summer Sale -

PSA: R0 was changed!
@byte[]  
The small divisions work, yes. I still think that moving the plus over to the right where it was before will make it more like “there’s more here!” than “do you want to add this tag?”. Again, it’s a reading left to right thing.

Having the plus on the left reminds me of e621’s tag history page, where + denominates a tag that was added during an edit, and a - denominates a tag that was removed.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
In an entirely unrelated note… I have finally tracked down one of the sources of the logout bug, so while unlikely that I covered every case for why it’s failing imo, it’s possible that there could be an actual fix for it sometime soon
Background Pony #8D71
@byte[]  
Definitely better than THE LIGHT’S ON bright. (Glim theme user here)  
Character and series tags number highlights are too bright for their colors, and it’s not really necessary for the numbers to have a different color. Or at the very least, not such a drastically different one.
runner2
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Libertatem Noctibus
@byte[]

I’m also with the much better group here. That is much easier on the eyes and it’s also much easier to see what you are looking for at a glance.
Background Pony #C5B3
@byte[]  
Looks a lot better. My eyes aren’t getting dragged around if I quickly scan it. looks like it maintains the same functionality(which I kinda like the added function, just not the color)
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@byte[]  
The former that’s been around for years is still better and y’all’s insistence on never going back is infuriating, but as long as I can userstyle the divider away it’ll be fine.
Moonlight Bloom
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Something else I noticed with the new tag system that might want to fixed (as would I assume this is the result of the new system), stuff like “explicit source” doesn’t show up as a red tag anymore, and therefore might be harder to notice for people like myself who avoid clicking those links.

full
Background Pony #260D
When uploading an image that gives the error  
Image orig sha512 hash has already been taken

Can the image mentioned please be linked as well? For instance, changing the message to:  
Image orig sha512 hash has already been taken by: >>1
reversalmushroom

You're gay.
Could the list of favoriters be put in alphabetical order? As it stands, when an image has a shitload of favoriters, it’s only semi-alphabetized. I wonder why that is. Also, I wish that list was easier to parse, like it was split into numbered columns.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide