Site Development Notification and Feedback Thread

byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@evan555alpha  
The change from moving the sorting in the database (which does collation) to doing the sorting in the application (which doesn’t, and sorts by codepoint values) caused the change.
reversalmushroom
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

You're gay.
@icey wicey 1517  
Then we should up that so it can move onward to infinity.

Why would it have a maximum number built in? I’m guessing a comment section would normally just allow infinite commenters, so someone had to actually go in and make it stop at 200035. I don’t think it would crash the site or cause problems in the display because it only ever shows a small number of comments and pages at 1 time.
Background Pony #AAF4
@reversalmushroom  
I’m assuming that the mods don’t want to formally recognize comment drama as something notable, and don’t want to enable the sort of person who would actively search for “drama in the comments”.
evan555alpha
Crazylis - Derpi Supporter
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Emerald -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Wallet After Summer Sale -

PSA: R0 was changed!
@Luna  
@JP  
@Officer Hotpants  
1024 > 1000 when it comes to describing computer storage and speeds.

Even if I think that the term “mebibytes” is fucking stupid and the “mega” prefix (and others used in computer terms) should just change based on context.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

@byte[]  
With my connection, I am very much aware! Apparently Hughesnet is bouncing this signal off the Andromeda Galaxy or something, WEBM loads like GIFs on AOL dialup.

Android Firefox tends to just start crying and give up partway through a large video file unless the data signal is at maximum bars.
byte[]
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@TexasUberAlles  
My point was that throttling the thumbnail size for slower connections isn’t needed for videos because browsers won’t download that much at once to begin with.
byte[]
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
From upstream Philomena: Animated uploads (including GIF, APNG, and WebM video) now display the duration of the animation in the metabar.

To do: add search UX to be able to filter and sort by duration.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide