Site Development Notification and Feedback Thread

GlitchedWolf
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
The new color themes sound cool ^u^  
The mobile redesign was much needed, I no longer use Derpi on mobile but it wasn’t great when I did.  
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
Whatever you do, do not take Trixie Blue from us, or change its colors. And please please please do not destroy the desktop site for mobile users.

Is Markdown support enabled already in new comments/posts? A quick test indicates no, but I’d like a confirmation.
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
@JP  
Desktop will not be molested… too hard.  
Main accent color will remain the same, but its “mutations” (like slightly darker tone, etc) will definitely change.

Markdown is not enabled and won’t be for a few days/weeks at least.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
On one hoof, one of the few Textile holdouts succumbs to the Markdown madness. Since it’s GH-MD, will we get headers and tables?

On the other hoof, I’m excited for the mobile improvements.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Background Pony #5126  
TIL about treating MD like\  
a shell script and using\  
backslash to terminate\  
your lines.

That sure is less fussy (especially on mobile) than two spaces.

@Princess Celestia  
Now I’m genuinely excited for a move to MD, especially if proper bulleted lists are also planned to be incorporated. It’s not often that I find myself wanting them here, but I miss them on the rare occasions that I do.

@Background Pony #5126  
My dislike of BBCode is that it requires too much ceremony for common tasks, numbered lists are the #1 case. [list=1][*]At this point, why not just use HTML?[/list]
Princess Celestia

Administrator
Devops
Markdown stuff is progressing faster than anticipated. It’ll probably be live fairly soon.

We deviate from GFM a bit and add our own extensions. In reality, our Markdown will feel a lot more like that on Discord (but with far more features) rather than the “pure” MD spec (such as using __text__ for underline, or not allowing “>text” to become a blockquote, rather requiring it to be “> text”)

I’ve also made it so you can resize external image embeds (the ones you currently would embed like !url.com/image.png!), by simply specifying size in alt text, like so:

![tiny](url.com/image.png)
![small](url.com/image.png)

Valid sizes are: tiny (64px), small (128px), medium (256px) and large (512px). Entering anything else will not constrain image size and will instead display full image.
Luna
Luna - For Patreon supporters
Woona - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Luna Best Pony~
As a detour from Markdown and The Redesign, we switched over external image proxying service from Camo to Go-Camo as the former is no longer maintained. The change is seamless and should not impact your experience, the only real difference is that previously external images had the format of “camo.derpicdn.net/<digest>/?url=http://external-url.here”, while now they’d have the format of “ext.derpicdn.net/<digest encoded as base64>/<target URL encoded as base64>”.

Old camo will continue to work for approximately a week before I’m going to shut it off, so if you have anything that depends on it - please change it.

P.S.  
oops, wrote this from my user account
Princess Celestia

Administrator
Devops
Code for Markdown change is finished and we’ll be deploying it shortly. We’ll put up a site notice once Markdown is live. The change will happen in several stages, first of which is simply translating current Textile into Markdown and then rendering the output using Markdown. You will be able to write Markdown directly, however keep in mind that things will be getting translated from Textile along the way too, so some Markdown may not function correctly just yet. It will function fully once we actually start the conversion that would write changes to the database.
Background Pony #1057
@Luna  
The proxy might be having some kind of trouble. For example, in this comment, if I try to view the proxied URL, I have gotten at times a Cloudflare error, or the image only partially loads. If I quote that comment so I can see the original URL and visit it directly, it loads fine.

I’ve also had it happen that a proxied image won’t load the first time, but if I refresh or right-click->Load image, then it will.
Background Pony #5126
@Luna
The response to request is missing header:
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="filename.jpg"
Because of this, browser’s “Save image as…” dialog uses the wrong filename.
Example:
original url: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/x3z01y7neuwxe03/g5_new_mcs_upscaled.png?dl=0
proxy url: https://ext.derpicdn.net/4ml3yy_jXU1rFMhHaq34tku4rCA/aHR0cHM6Ly9kbC5kcm9wYm94dXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29tL3MveDN6MDF5N25ldXd4ZTAzL2c1X25ld19tY3NfdXBzY2FsZWQucG5nP2RsPTA
Browser saves image as "aHR0cHM6Ly9kbC5kcm9wYm94dXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29tL3MveDN6MDF5N25ldXd4ZTAzL2c1X25ld19tY3NfdXBzY2FsZWQucG5nP2RsPTA.png" instead of "g5_new_mcs_upscaled.png".
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide