Someone is tagging my art with private information

Site and Policy » Someone is tagging my art with private information Search Posts
Background Pony #D66D
Several of my images have been tagged with my account name but they were uploaded anonymously and there is no way for someone to publicly know I uploaded them. how could a random account figure out who uploaded an image?

or did a moderator do it? if so that is really bad, as my account name is not my artist name, and I do not want the two names associated in any way.
Background Pony #336A
Since I’m not a moderator, I can’t check in on where information might have come from because, obviously, you don’t want to call attention to the images in question. But, as someone who frequently tags images, here are some general guesses:

• the file name of the image could have indicated the source, for example, if it’s from deviantArt or sta.sh it might have that account name, or a unique identifier that can be used to navigate to where it was posted  
  • likewise if it was posted anywhere else, an image search such as via Google might find it  
  • if it had previously been posted to Derpibooru with information associated with it, it could have been searched for or merged  
  • if it has a recognizable art style, or a signature you forgot about
Background Pony #D66D
@Background Pony #336A

i appreciate the feedback. i double checked all the things you just said to see

• the file names are all very basic with no information about my uploader name.  
  • the images were posted nowhere else, i made them specifically to post here and have not even shown anyone else.  
  • i so rarely post images that i do not believe it is possible someone recognized the style, and if they did they would have tagged it as my artist tag not my account name.
Background Pony #336A
@Background Pony #D66D  
Then, it sounds like only a moderator would be able to have more insight to answer you.

You might also want to report one of the posts with Rule 2 or Rule 8 and describe what happened - moderators check reports more than they do the forums.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
We’ve looked at the IPs and FPs involved and the previous activity on those, and all we can see at this time is that the person who added your artist tag to your art appeared to be following the ‘artist needed’ tag and may have noticed the similarities between your newest artwork and the art that you uploaded with your artist tag in the past, and tagged your newer uploads with that same artist tag.

In the future, if you would prefer people not do that, please tag your art “artist:anonymous” or add a pseudonym artist tag instead of leaving the artist tag off of the image. That way people trying to find artists for all the ‘artist needed’ tags will not (or at least will be less likely to) try to ID the proper artists for your uploads.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Question answered