Spammers are making staff look very bad. You'd better solve this quick.

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
isn’t it true that Blossomforth conspired with someone to kick Raptorshy out? Unless it was actually just unilateral somehow?

I was talking with BOTH of them, sometimes multiple times a day, to figure out how to respond to the DNP requests right up to an hour of when all of a sudden she was gone. Like - just an hour before it all went down I was still talking with both of them about how to handle an artist’s specific requests.

So I personally feel that what you are saying is both untrue, and hurtful. My impression is that Blossomforth was as shocked and hurt by it as the rest of us were.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Wellwater  
I have no idea what “taking control” post you are talking about. Please whatever conspiracy you are trying to push, drop it. On the first part, this thread is about the spam, so it’s off topic. On the second part, I can’t even see whatever box it is that you are in right now, so I can’t help or even speculate what ‘taking control’ you think happened.
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Derpy Whooves  
No, you don’t get to call what provably happened a conspiracy theory We have evidence suggesting this happened. Wellwater, please don’t be afraid to post said evidence, since the mods are asking themselves. I would, but I currently don’t have access to the dump myself.
Wellwater
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Just a flurry of H₂O
@Derpy Whooves  
I was thinking of Blossomforth’s infamous thread. In all fairness, most of the problems with it could reasonably be considered to be contextual (i.e. timing relative to Raptorshy’s announcements, DNP, Raptorshy’s own reaction to the thread, etc), not textual, and there were fairly early (~1 hour) replies and edits trying to clarify more. Still, the context of “new new admin makes a point of resetting site policy just after previous new admin set it” is still hard to interpret any other way than a takeover, and the vagueness and imprecision of the language used was quite consistent with takeovers and not very consistent with making minor clarifications to the — hours-old! — previous policy.

I’m a big fan of not assuming malice when incompetence will do, but that’s a really enormous strain on that dictum.

@Northern  
“Conspiracy” was my word, to be fair, since it was my distinct impression at the time that a small splinter faction of staff including Blossomforth had gone behind Raptorshy’s back to take over site policy. Strictly speaking that was the result, de facto (since Raptorshy immediately lost the de facto ability to set policy), although it might be possible to argue that that was not the intention and that somehow a coup happened by accident even though most of the staff (including the one setting it off) and the largest part of the userbase did not want it to happen.

Fortunately the thread is still accessible on the site proper; I don’t have a recent dump myself.
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Wellwater  
I am correcting my post to reflect what I meant which is “You don’t get to call it a conspiracy theory” not “You don’t get to call it a conspiracy”, it absolutely was conspiracy. Whoops.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
No, you don’t get to call what provably happened a conspiracy theory

Read what I was replying to.

@Derpy Whooves  
And in fact the staff actually successfully carried out at least one conspiracy in this general mess, only a few weeks ago, namely the ouster of Parasprite/Raptorshy

I was not the one who named it a conspiracy. I was saying IT WAS NOT a conspiracy.
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Derpy Whooves  
Do I need to point to the logs? I don’t think this needs to be aired here, but the case in point is that we have evidence that goes beyond what was stated publicly here. I disavow what was done to get that evidence, but I won’t disregard it.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Northern  
What logs? Are you talking about the Discord chat? I was here for most of what is in those chats that were leaked … was I somehow a part of the conspiracy?
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Derpy Whooves  
No, but other people within administration took unilateral action behind the back of most of the modstaff and the context surrounding everything absolutely confirms bad faith toward the userbase and damage control were the intentions. Both of those are conspiracy, by definition, to control the information flow to the general userbase about what the people behind the scenes know they won’t like.

And the unilateral action itself that the modstaff did not agree on smacks of that same attitude being taken toward controlling what staff are allowed a voice in, which is also conspiracy, even though it’s not directed at the broader community.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Northern  
Ah.

A conspiracy is not withholding or controlling information. A conspiracy is more commonly a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

And there was never any plan to harm Raptorshy, and I’m offended that you and others are pushing that interpretation of what happened.

I think that groups of folks who work together to provide a service, fan-run websites included, should be able to talk amongst themselves about their internal shit before coming up with an ‘official response’ without it being perceived as some sort of conspiracy to hide information from others. And I think people can make mistakes and try to fix them causing only more problems without it being planned from the start.

So, I guess we’re just going to disagree about this.

I and my friends did not set up or intentionally try to hurt our friends.

You can believe what you want to believe. I’m not going to argue this with you any more.
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Derpy Whooves  
That’s fine, I’m not here to argue this topic anyway. This is not my point at all, I just felt like Wellwater was being dismissed out of hand and I felt that was unjust, so I made what case I felt was appropriate. My arguments here are not against the staff as people and I hope that you know that. I don’t intend to argue people are evil here, just that they’re acting biasedly and defending the indefensible: Censorship.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide