Staff intentionally slowing down the site

Brass Melody
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Gas Loving Baritone Butt
@NolanCrush  
With TSP still at the wheel and seemingly no way for her to remove staff members who overstep their boundaries constantly, I just don’t know about that.

God I miss the pre-2016 days of Derpibooru when we didn’t have real-world politics and moral grandstanding being so frequently shoved into the art and animation that gets posted here or worse yet, the site rules. I miss when we just talked about cute pastel cartoon horses and their adventures in horse land and not about what some world leader in a country a lot of us aren’t living right now is doing. I miss the people we used to have frequent this place like Gentlecoltte of Leisure, Braeburned, Skipsy, and Psy Key. But most of all, I miss the days when we just came to this place to have fun and escape real life for a while and not worry about some newly concocted and fucked security measures like shadowbanning and connection speed throttling.

When Rainbooru finishes up with integrating a bunch of this site’s features or when Twibooru finally comes online, I’ll probably just migrate to one of those sites but in the meantime, I’m stuck here lamenting a once-great archival website and wondering why it all went as horribly sideways as it did. And…how long I’ve got left here.  
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Peace to all
I’m just really confused at it all.

This situation seems like it has no easy fix.

Most of the core user base and site precedent are anti-censorship. But with full anti-censorship comes external attack. A few users on this side wanting full unrestrained censorship. Most wanting a restoration of the precedent.

A lot of the anti nazi DNPs were from artist who had less then 50 images and a lot of whom haven’t used the site much, yet their was still a few old timers in there. I am not sure how “fair” I’d call it. It feels like an outside force yet a user is still a user, even if hardly active. Users on this side seem mixed on just banning nazis or trying to completely change culture of the site. With a lot in the middle.

Both sides have often descended into political shitposting. Being a bit rabid at times.

Most artist haven’t weighed in either way I suppose.

A lot of passive users I’ve seen just want the drama to stop. Seem to favor various soft nazi bans from what I’ve seen.

I wounder what a agreeable consensus would look like?

I don’t even with mods and administration.

full
Background Pony #9767
@doloresbridge  
>I don’t even with mods and administration.  
except for Raptorshy and AG-Pone (who has already stepped down), the staff doesn’t have any idea nor they are committed to do anything competent. A shame honestly.

Lots of empty words coming from Joey (among other moderators)and Blossomforth coming out of nowhere for a stab in the changes all of a sudden without any general consensus (not even among the admins!)

I will admit that this whole shitshow has brought us a shitposting thread and possibly a few memes of Derpi’s possible death so we can all laugh a little bit. But even then, the management of this site has been absolutely horrendous.

Again,we’ll have to wait patiently for now.
Background Pony #08E3
Huge thanks to Raptorshy for trying her hardest to deescalate and cross the divide between mods and disgruntled users. She gives me hope that things will change for the better on here even with every happening lately.

I think some of the decisions that will have to be made are all but impossible to make in this environment, and will just need some time until the angry mobs on all sides calmed down a bit. I hope that we can at least agree that more honesty about how the site is moderated and what informs specific decisions can go a long way to garner trust and cooperation between users and administration. If there really is a divide between the community here over what content is allowed here or how permissive derpibooru should/has to be, people who are off-site will live with some more fracturing and alternatives (which exist or are in development anyway), but I do not hope that it has to come to that.
rannius
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

cya on a better booru
I’m dreading to learn what is actually banned now. Yesterday I got pseudo cancelled for calling the ban on nazi content a slippery slope, today all politics and who knows what else are affected too.

To think I defended Derpibooru for many years by saying that it‘s an archive, a really good one at that, and that despite the questionable staff and the vague rules and many individual users people should continue supporting it. Just to learn that it suddenly changed purpose.  
Actually archive is not enough, I thought about this site more like a museum, one collectively maintained, categorized and expanded. And suddenly this museum decides to throw part of its heritage in the trash, and a bunch of artists run in and rip their works off the walls.
Background Pony #ACD4
It’s rainbooru’s time to shine, I guess.
I checked Rainbooru out, saw the staff page, and NOPED right on out of there. It’s such a shame about Patachu’s politics, I even have some other common interests with them, but NOPE.
Background Pony #ACD4
Golly, maybe you should’ve realized that before you went “HEY GUYS DERPIBOORU TOTES SUPPORTS AND PROMOTES THE BIGGEST, MOST VIOLENT AND OUTSPOKEN RACIST GROUP THE AMERICAN SIDE OF THE ATLANTIC”* on twatter, the place where the most vitriolic and hateful members of said group congregate!

What the hell? When did Derpibooru ever come out in support of MAGA?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread reached its purpose.