The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Skoon
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Too tired to care
@Afterrain  
I know he’s a nonce. I figured that out in the days after he went after Hattsy.

It’s just I am also of the opinion that justifying his behavior with wild spite, instead of inundating him with either obnoxious love or total indifference, is not in the spirit of our fandom’s core values.

I think anybody can change for the better. I think that specifically because of MLP. Ask 2009 me and I probably would have said the complete opposite.

But that’s how I feel.
Skoon
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes

Too tired to care
@Background Pony #3277  
True. Though Twitter itself loves to flood you with a constant stream of bad news.

It’s literally unavoidable. If you use Twitter, you are going to see bad news every day. They even put it at eye level on your page, and you cannot remove it.
Background Pony #3277
@Skoon  
People can change for the better, but they have to be open and willing to engage in honest dialogue in order for that to happen. Unfortunately there are many on both sides who aren’t willing to do so and remain rooted in their ways.
Background Pony #C49C
@Skoon  
Its better you stay off twitter. Really think about it, what emotions has twitter ever made you feel other than anger and discomfort? The fans who follow you on twitter are the most likely to stab you in the back.
Barhandar
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
Twitter made me value what other people thought of me
And the twitter crowd, as you’ve seen and I’ve said repeatedly, values “what” and ignores “who”. To a reasonable person, “a black guy who plays guitar and can whip up a mean guacamole” is a “someone who plays guitar and can whip up a mean guacamole”, to the twittermites, he’s a “black” and “guy”.

@Afterrain  
@Skoon  
As I’ve said in the now-deleted pic: forgiveness requires repentance. Wootmaster has repeatedly shown that he is incredibly unlikely to repent. But don’t go full-on “no redemption” because IF, and it’s an if so colossal it can be seen from space, he actually repents, it would be pointless to keep hating him, and prudent to forgive. Again, only if he ever repents, which is improbable.

Also I think that the best course of action is disregarding him. He is not worth actively hating and the only time any effort needs to be spent on him is he tries to surface again.

@Skoon  
*Cannot remove it without the actively-fought-against third-party extensions.

@silbasa  
Don’t tell people what they’ll “do”, that’s rude even if you’re right. Also, stop taking the bait.
Skoon

Too tired to care
@Background Pony #3277  
I absolutely agree.

I think people may have misinterpreted my point as it applies to Woot. I also worded it poorly in a now deleted image.

I don’t believe he’s a bad guy. I do believe he’s misguided, rash, and makes stupid decisions. That doesn’t mean I think he doesn’t need to apologize (and mean it). I just think he can’t ever atone if the opportunity is not afforded to him.

For my own sanity I have to believe some of these people are far more manipulated than bad at their core. I base that on my own gullibility.

I am also constantly struggling with my own hot temper and knee-jerk reactions. The lizard brain, so to speak. I know I’m no saint either, so it’s hard for me to feel superior.
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Background Pony #C49C  
I think feeling discomfort is fine, I don’t think Twitter is a site made for discourse though. Tweets are made to be short and bite sized they’re not made to get a complex message through with clarification

Its made for anything you’d use mass text messaging for…thats about it

Also its image cropping sucks
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Oh, I’m not giving up on the idea that some speech should be forbidden, in society let alone a private site. But it’s rather unclear at this point what anyone thought they were doing with this policy change, and the whole thing is coming off as a a pure clusterfuck.
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Skoon  
Popular and most probably already had it

Plus its art scene is generally very promotion prone

Its not a good ‘put all your art here site’ it sucks at that…it sucks so bad…but I think its fine to promote some work on it or showcase others
windburst

@Background Pony #3277
I absolutely agree.
I think people may have misinterpreted my point as it applies to Woot. I also worded it poorly in a now deleted image.
I don’t believe he’s a bad guy. I do believe he’s misguided, rash, and makes stupid decisions. That doesn’t mean I think he doesn’t need to apologize (and mean it). I just think he can’t ever atone if the opportunity is not afforded to him.
For my own sanity I have to believe some of these people are far more manipulated than bad at their core. I base that on my own gullibility.
I am also constantly struggling with my own hot temper and knee-jerk reactions. The lizard brain, so to speak. I know I’m no saint either, so it’s hard for me to feel superior.

It’s fine skoon, we forgive you, lol.

On a serious note, I used to be a lib, full blown left. Then I saw how the left kept operating. I swallowed a red pill which I can’t undo and now I keep seeing hypocrisy in everything the left is doing. SJW’s literally do what they claim others are doing. It’s all so tiresome at times since I just want to enjoy my hobbies in peace.  
sometimes I wish I never swallowed the red pills
Barhandar
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Background Pony #3277  
I’d expect it to be 20:80 but not really surprised that a minority of people is ultra addicted to a site designed to be ultra addictive.

@Background Pony #C49C  
The fans who follow you on twitter are the most likely to stab you in the back.

I can’t even fucking contest that point on the basis of “lumping people together” because you are absolutely right.

@Background Pony #3277  
People can change for the better, but they have to actually decide to change for the better. Being open and willing to engage in dialogue is actually secondary to that one little choice of (not) wanting to be a certain way.

@Skoon  
I don’t believe he’s a bad guy. I do believe he’s misguided, rash, and makes stupid decisions.
Errr. What, exactly, is the difference?  
I just think he can’t ever atone if the opportunity is not afforded to him.
And if you give said opportunity and he rejects it, you’ll have clear conscience. Would be supremely foolish to keep giving him opportunities if he refuses them every time, though.  
For my own sanity I have to believe some of these people are far more manipulated than bad at their core.
True. But honestly? Outwardly, there is no difference whatsoever whether someone behaves badly because of learnt behaviors (and can improve), or because they literally lack the necessary brain-structures for not behaving badly (cannot improve, cluster B disorders). It’s only possible to tell said difference by observing change (or lack of it) over time and conflict.  
I am also constantly struggling with my own hot temper and knee-jerk reactions. The lizard brain, so to speak.
Just make sure you don’t actually speak with your lizard brain, or you might be a detective.

@CottonTales  
Amen. Both image cropping and image compression.

@Skoon  
Because a lot of them already had twitters and a LOT of them used tumblr for exact same purpose anyway, posting art and getting very short reactions of appreciation, as opposed to engaging in discussion or writing stuff out.
Afterrain
Artist -

Allow All Art or None
@Skoon  
Indifference and ignoring is how to go about it. As hilarious as it was to see a whole community unite against him, this negative attention is just as much of a drug for that person type as positive.
Skoon

Too tired to care
@Barhandar  
To my reckoning there’s a difference between being a truly rotten human being, and being a creature of habit. Maybe it’s a hold over from my religious up-bringing.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
@windburst  
I feel you, man. Just make sure you don’t fall into full-on alt-right, like how some people got out of white supremacism because they “saw how angry those people were and didn’t want to be so full of anger”… and then went SJW.

Don’t read up on narcissism and parental abuse if you don’t want another dose of red pills.
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Skoon  
That’s… literally what I said, though worded badly. “There’s a difference (one cannot improve, the other can) but if they do same things they’ll appear exactly the same way”. That is, you cannot determine whether someone is rotten or not just by what they do - “visually” the difference is absent.
Skoon

Too tired to care
@windburst  
That’s the funny thing. I am largely left wing, but ultimately a centrist in practice.

Hilariously, people on tumblr used to honestly believe I was staunchly right-wing because of my stance on gun rights, and my now deeply, deeply offensive adherence to biological gender. The dreaded binary, if you will.

That and I did used to openly say naughty race words. haha Looking back, I don’t think I should have.

The internet is a weird place. I’ve long been actively pro-trans rights (since some of these folks were children, in fact); but as soon as the gender issue became more about misinterpreting personality traits than science, I got labeled as a transphobe. :/
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
The internet is a weird place. I’ve long been actively pro-trans rights (since some of these folks were children, in fact); but as soon as the gender issue became more about misinterpreting personality traits than science, I got labeled as a transphobe. :/
Well, you’re not espousing the same opinions of them on the issue (and they want to keep it an issue forever) of transsexuality, therefore you must be a transphobe /s. Even actual transsexuals are not immune to this.

Also, disagreeing with a SJW while they think you’re some kind of minority is a “great” way to determine what kind of -ist and -phobe they are.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed