The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Background Pony #5E0F
if you dont like it here or the rule just create you own booru with you own rules
Latecomer

@Armagedonus  
It would be nice if some of you became less absolutist, but I’ll settle for learning. I don’t really expect to win anyone over to my point of view, especially since I’m not quite sure what that is right now. I’m firm on free speech not being absolute, but as for the path forward for Derpi… well, I’m trying to figure that out.

@Background Pony #5E0F  
Asking how Rule 0 relates to free speech seems very much related to the topic of this thread.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #5E0F  
If baiting means speaking in bad faith without intention to engage properly, I have not done that at all in this thread, even though many people have accused me of it. I have asked many questions, but only because I wanted to either know the answer or expose a contradiction. And I have learned a fair bit, and thought over my own views as well. So I would appreciate a cessation of this assumption of bad faith.
Datte-Before-Dawn
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Lady's Wink -
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

Undesirable
@Latecomer  
When you flip flop your questions in an attempt to “Gotcha!” like I described earlier, you give yourself away. At best, you’re inconsistent

>Nazis shouldn’t have a platform  
>Oh, why should Nazis have their propaganda silenced but you still have free speech  
>This site was never neutral so it should silence Nazis
Background Pony #5E0F
out of topic but a think humanity is reaching the fermi paradox the great filter because of the current events we will surpass or crash into the door
Latecomer

@Datte-Before-Dawn  
I don’t think Nazis should have a platform, or at least not an equal one.

You, on the other hand, claim to desire that the site allow free speech from all, without judging or censoring. So in the hope of understaning you position further (and yes, perhaps shaking your claim to the moral high ground a bit) I would like to know how that aligns with Rule O, which is all about judging and censoring speech. Because as long as that rule exists, the question of “should this site judge and censor content on it” is not even on the table: only the question “what content should be censored” remains. I would say this is pretty darn relevant to the topic of this thread.
LemonDrop
Duckinator - Same nonsensical quacks in every pond
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

C++ Crazed
@Latecomer  
No content should be censored in an ideal world, obviously though that is a community’s decision to make though. A justifiable limitation on content like “only upload pony stuff to this site” is fine, but something like “lol don’t upload politics that make me angery” isn’t really something the majority of the community would agree is a good thing.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@SigmasonicX  
If you would like all of your art removed, or restrictions placed on the uploading of your art, please add yourself to our Do-Not-Post List.

Reports will only be acted on if you, the artist, already have a verified user link for the artist tag on your Derpibooru account.

While the mods are sometimes amenable to requests offsite, right now he is completely swamped and anyone who can’t even invest a modicum of effort in registering and validating themselves is very likely to be at dead end of the list.
LemonDrop
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

C++ Crazed
@Latecomer  
Well people are what form a community yes, I mean you could say this is the same philosophical question of “who should run a government”. Some would say the people because they make up a country, some would say a dictator since most people are stupid and don’t know enough to make the right decisions, etc. In the case of the US it’s some mix of democracy to vote people who presumably know what they are doing into office and then have them be the ones actually voting on the real issues so that people aren’t directly making dumb decisions, so maybe that could work in theory for an image board too. Either way I think the will of the people is more relevant than what a dictator thinks in most cases for something like an image board, but that might backfire some day as people could for example be majority in favor of censorship not knowing it’d hurt them in the future some day.

This is kinda why I say fuck it to any systems trying to establish some sort of authority in that way and just support decentralized networks more where it’s more akin to anarchy because that actually does work pretty well on the internet.
Latecomer

@LemonDrop  
So even if the majority favours censorship, that doesn’t make censorship right?

And I find anarchy a disaster in the real world, but I haven’t thought so much about it as an internet thing. However I will note that the more anarchic parts of the net (like chans) tend to have rather unpleasant reputations.
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Barhandar  
I know that works most of the time but with how the site is currently, he should get some help  
I can’t imagine one person manually verifying and taking down every bit of work from all the artists who’ve DNPed especially restrictions (as a full DNP seems an easier get rid of it all rather than make sure what restrictions are in) and some who may have Un-DNPed right now
LemonDrop
Non-Fungible Trixie -

C++ Crazed
@Latecomer  
Anarchy is a disaster IRL because there’s nothing that stops people from infringing on eachother’s rights. For example if someone says something I dislike I can just kill them in an anarchy, and that’s a bit of an issue.

The internet itself is a construct in the real world though so no one can actually “ban” you from the internet really for speech and that is a fairly absolute policy, so anything built on top of it does actually work as a speech-oriented anarchy. Something like 4chan isn’t even an anarchy imo since it still has moderation, real examples are decentralized networks like Bitcoin where there is absolutely no central really and the network’s authority is just formed out of a majority consensus. Other things like p2p file sharing have even less authority imo since there’s not even really a global majority consensus, it’s just individuals sharing files with eachother and that is what I think a booru should be like (with a bit of centralization just in the places where the content is indexed).
Latecomer

@LemonDrop  
Such things only work for certain purposes, though. A forum or chatroom needs moderators to not be overwhelmed with spammers - anything with a server needs maintenance. And if people have accounts, someone needs to be trusted with their data (unless you have an automated system to anonmyze it, I sippose).

@Background Pony #666F  
I’d say the limited post length is one of the main cilprits there.
Background Pony #666F
@Latecomer  
Rallying an entire hatemob to cancel individuals for little to no reason is because of the character limit?!

ARE YOU DAFT?!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed