The Anti-Nazi DNP Pledge

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #7131  
Some of us haven’t slept since Tuesday, so please give us a chance to sleep and we’ll try to answer your questions. 2LDR: we heard you. Reversing the earlier rules was a terrible mistake, and we are making changes to try to fix it. But, for now, to bed. For me at least.
Background Pony #7131
@Derpy Whooves

Thank you. This means a lot and I’m looking forward to hearing in-depth what steps will actually be implemented.

For now, good night. :)
Deactivated Account

forgets everything
I do not see how the banning of Nazi content (not sure what we’re going to do about Nazi fetishism because that’s a valid kink apparently) is a “free speech” risk. Nazis would take away your rights and kill you for being a “homosexual” if you were caught liking ponies.

Nazism, like Communism, preaches violence as a requirement to fulfill its ideology. I see no reason to consider either one worthy of being hosted on Derpibooru, as neither have a decent track record, both are oppressive by design, seek to subjugate others and restrict human rights, and should both be relegated to the dustbin of history.
Background Pony #7131
@Genevamode

Communism isn’t inherently violent; Stalinism, Maoism, other “tankie” ideologies are violent and authoritarian, and should be rightfully shunned though. But you can have “workers own the means of production” without those elements. Whereas with Naziism, you can’t really divorce it from the racist aspects since that’s integral to its ideology.

That said, communism is banned in the new rules apparently, so looks like you’re getting what you want.
AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
It really makes me worried to see what’s going on.  
First of all, Moderators are not “sideing with nazis” because thier are walking back on a questionable rule change. That’s actually a show of quite respectable behaviour. “We made a new thing, people didn’t like it, we revert it before we find a better solution.”

Second of all, this whole DNP war between artist becomes quite silly. Wasn’t Derpibooru made for the whole fandom to share thier favorite pony art? The only thing that this whole rule changing did was split the fandom, which isn’t beneficial to it’s survival. As bronies, we should want to stand united instead of allowing petty arguments to divide us. Why do we “need” to choose which one of “artist groups” we want to keep here, and which one is going to abandon this site?

And now, my question to the artists on both sides of this DNP thing. You spent so many years together on this site, not advocating for censorship or banning of the other side. What changed it? Why isn’t “Love and tolerate” a motto of this fandom anymore?
Background Pony #74D1
As we all know, Nazi Germany was a bastion of free speech and zoophillia.
AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
@Zajice  
It’s trurly sad that the fandom you see grow into something amazing can start collapsing soo quickly without anything to keep it united. I hope people will see how much harm this whole “war” does to fandom and those of it’s members who just wants to unite in thier enjoyment of pastel horses.
FallenGuardian
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Soft and Furious
@DeusExKittycoon

…Despite the fact that the mindless twitterites only now turned their sights onto this site? And that just about every single other major fandom suffers more from them?

Hopefully, those locusts won’t find much ground here. There’s a reason they came here and started crying “Nazis! Nazis everywhere!”. They found nothing real to bite into and turned to the furthest extremes, not caring about how much they had to lie and twist definitions to reach that far.

This fandom prides itself on tolerance. If you’re hurting no one, no one bothers you. That’s how most of us try to be, and that’s how it should be.

The fact that the people who started this mess never even considered that principle only proves them to be outsiders who don’t give a damn about this fandom, and the show it grew from.

The infestation will hopefully pass soon. Just take care of yourself and try not to rush into any drastic decisions.

If there’s any fandom that can cleanse itself from the boundless hate of hollow activism, it’s this one.
Background Pony #7131
@White-eyed vireo  
Intolerance isn’t decided by anyone; it’s an objective thing. It just means “not tolerant.”

Truly, there are some things it’s good to be intolerant of: racism, for example. Whereas being intolerant of people for their race is not good.

@FallenGuardian  
Not a passerby. I’ve been on this site for years and I want Aryanne gone.
Skoon
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Too tired to care
@Zajice  
Ain’t that the truth.

I am getting tired of seeing this boogeyman, “The Twitterites” being bandied about so much too. Like if there’s an issue it couldn’t possibly be home-grown.

Try to have a discussion, get drama. Seems to be the law of the land now.
andthusthebelltolls
Non-Fungible Trixie -

TSP more like gay
@PixelGrip94  
how hard is it to understand, not agreeing with you does not mean taking the opposite ideological stance, not a single person here is pro nazi, some are just more anti censorship than they are anti nazi, jesus
Background Pony #D772
Please don’t delete your stuff from Derpibooru, artists. Derpibooru is a nonprofit, you are not harming them in any way or form, you are only going to hurt your audience and fans
TagAnon
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@AWGear  
Many of the ‘anti-nazi’ artist cited an interpretation of the Paradox of Tolerance, where if a tolerant society tolerates intolerance, intolerance will inevitably occur (whether the intolerant are themselves not tolerated or whether the intolerant prevail).

@Background Pony #7131  
Your citation counters your use of the paradox.

“I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be most unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols.”

Emphasis mine. The writer is warning of intolerant forces not willing to engage in rational disscussion.

Though I have seen nobody advocating for fascist ideology, those calling for banning fascist iconography (no matter how silly it is presented) have been disparaging mere discussion and are starting to pose the most credible threat to the site’s funding by appealing to Patreon directly.

What was that old saying? That the new fascists will call themselves anti-fascist?
SCP Pinkmena

RIP MythrilMoth
@Aponty  
I wont miss ya  
I understand how bad nazism and stalinism is, but free speech is free speech. No where in the amendments does it say “Hate Speech is not free speech” Art is expression, and expression can be taken literally or metaphorically. In the case of Nazi imagery, it’s meant to be taken Metaphorically; as in “What would nazi ponies be like?”  
Aryanne, for example, is an idiot of a pony. Why? Because she believes she’s a unicorn, hence why “Unicorn Master Race”  
The joke is that she is an idiot because she looks down on Earth Ponies AKA herself. If people would see that, then there would be no need for these policies, which is censorship of the Freedom of Expression. You can put a DNP claim on your art ALL YOU WANT nothing will change the fact that censorship of any kind is bad.  
Also: Before you call me a Nazi supporter/sympathizer, my Great Granddad fought in WW2 fighting the Nazi war planes, and I am proud that he did. I hate Nazi’s just as much as you, but I hate people who try to erase and censor HISTORY even more
elefantrool
Non-Fungible Trixie -

To the people who chose to list themselves on the DNP list. Please go away. You have freely chosen to no longer be part of this community. The people that are still here have an important discussion to hold, and we do not need (personally do not want) your background noise.  
If this pledge was anything but trying to have someone do what you want, hold to your own decision, and go away.  
I am a nobody, that has no real art contributions, but I am willing to stay and discuss so we can progress.

Loosing some of you is tearing me apart, I love your art.. But I consider the freedom of art important. We can push undesirables out of a community without destroying the community. You have taken steps toward destroying this platform, so I will no longer listen to your opinion. (I hope you will never be put in the position to understand how much it hurts to say this to your favorite artist[s])
Skoon
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Too tired to care
@silbasa  
I’ve been trying to stress all night that I am not among the aggressive on this. If somebody asked me four years ago if I would ban Aryanne, I probably would have said yes then too.

But I also understand that if she’s there, she’s there. Nothing much to be done about it once a decision is made by the powers that be.

The way I see it, compromise is not a submission of freedom. It’s a necessary aspect of civil society. I wish people would stop trolling each other and barking insults, and maybe start doing some searching for common ground.

But ironically that makes me everybody’s enemy at the end of the day.
FallenGuardian

Soft and Furious
@Background Pony #7131  
Filters exist for all content you don’t like, whatever it may be. Drawings of fictional characters don’t and can’t hurt people.

@Skoon  
@Zajice
Ain’t that the truth.
I am getting tired of seeing this boogeyman, “The Twitterites” being bandied about so much too. Like if there’s an issue it couldn’t possibly be home-grown.
Try to have a discussion, get drama. Seems to be the law of the land now.

I suppose this “twitterites” thing refers more to the mindset than origin. Twitter seems to be exactly the place where those people congregate most loudly.

@someoneelse  
@PixelGrip94
how hard is it to understand, not agreeing with you does not mean taking the opposite ideological stance, not a single person here is pro nazi, some are just more anti censorship than they are anti nazi, jesus

Not to mention the fact that Nazis gained every shred of power they ever had through suppression and censorship of anyone who spoke against them.  
Funny world when the people that get called “Nazis” are the ones most vehemently opposing the tools of dictators and tyrants, huh?
Background Pony #7131
@TagAnon

Banning iconography isn’t remotely comparable to banning people based on the color of their skin.

It is disingenuous to call a ban on fascist apologia itself fascist.

A private site not wanting to host hateful content isn’t suppression of an ideology. People who hold those views are still free to express them; just not here.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed