The Anti-Nazi DNP Pledge

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Armagedonus  
Because the election in the United States starts almost the day after the last one ended.

In other countries elections last a few weeks or a couple of months. In America the election never ends. It’s a massive money making machine.
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Derpy Whooves  
The worst part is that USA is so influential, that “american election” turns into “world election”.  
Like I wish people would shut up about american politics, but that is impossible, even in eastern europe.

@Inucroft  
That I am from ponibooru?
windburst

@Armagedonus
Because the election in the United States starts almost the day after the last one ended.
In other countries elections last a few weeks or a couple of months. In America the election never ends. It’s a massive money making machine.

atr least you got a goverment. Try being in a country that still doesn’t have one after voting more than a year ago … for the second time in 6 years or so
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Armagedonus  
I don’t exclusively live in the USA - believe me, I feel your pain.

@windburst  
I was in Tokyo when the government fell, so … I assume that meant a year of people politely protesting in the streets, vans with big speakers on them handing out free icecream if you listen to their political rant, and otherwise everyone just laughing at what a fuckup it is?
windburst

@Armagedonus
@windburst
Let me guess - Venezuela?

nah, thank god, i don’t need to starve as well  
Belgium technically, we got a goverment since it’s the old one keeping stuff up, but it’s a minority goverment, it’s a mess right now but corona saved their asses since for once, almost everyone is on board with stuff.

Ironicly, our “far” right won in 2019, but they have a literal wall put on them to join the goverment so trying to form a goverment now is not working since the regular right party and the left that usually join together had a falling out.

Since we’re a multi language country, we have to have flemish goverment, french goverment, national goverment and so on…. think we’re the country with the most ministers yet we’re a literal who on the worldmap lol
GregUniverse

Grandest of Dads
Nazism is bad. Bigotry in general is bad. While I’m not convinced that everyone who’s ever drawn nazis in a flippant manner are themselves nazis, I find such content distasteful and trivializing of the real people who have been and still are hurt by fascist ideology. So I agree with Sethisto’s stance on ED that, out of respect, he doesn’t want that sort of content on his site anymore. If Derpibooru wants to allow it, that’s also their prerogative even though I disagree.

I’ve personally been filtering that kind of content since I joined. Improper tagging does sometimes result in racist content slipping into the default filters, but this can be fixed. Content that goes farther than mere “edgy humor” - i.e. blatant promotion of bigotry, slurs, calls to violence, mocking real-world tragedies, etc. - can be reported to mods for deletion as well.

My suggestion? Counter depictions of nazism with the opposite. Draw some cute pony art - whether official characters or your own dank OCs - that embody equality, justice, and tolerance. Upload some ethnically diverse humanizations. Upload your favorite official or fan gay ships and trans characters.

Hell, you could even try to start a trend of “taking back” Aryanne by making art of her renouncing nazism and replacing her cutie mark with something else, in the vein of real-world ex-nazis who remove their swastika tattoos. Imagine a movement of creativity that turns this character from a symbol of racism to a symbol of anti-racism and redemption.

Maybe I’ll try drawing some of that myself.
Potluck

stupid little brat
To reiterate the problem in a nutshell isn’t preventing art one doesn’t want to see from showing up on Derpibooru. Filters work really well and most pictures get tagged appropriately in due time. The problem is specifically that because most people who WOULD report blatant bigotry or other rule breaking behavior particularly in the comments aren’t going to see any of it, specifically because they filter it out. As a result, pictures with bigoted or racist topics or thinly veiled slurs or stereotypes or anti semetic conspiracy nonsense go up without people to report them or their comments sections. These comments sections furthermore become breeding grounds for these racist and bigoted bronies.
GregUniverse

Grandest of Dads
@Potluck

This is a good point.

If everyone who actually cares enough to report actual racism filters racism*-adjacent* images, then it’s easier for actual non-ironic racists to use said images to promote real hate.

We’re going to need to stay vigilant and - as unpleasant as it is - some of us will probably have to keep filters off to keep watch so we can report images/comments that do cross that line.
TagAnon

@Potluck  
@GregUniverse

I can agree with some of this; that filtering something will make you blind to its prevalence.

That and if you were to voice disapproval/disgust with some fringe interest image that frequently gets filtered, most of the people who would see your reply would be that specific fringe audience and you would just get heaped with platitudes or scoffed at.

It does keep the peace though, I will give it that.
TagAnon

Counter depictions of nazism with the opposite. Draw some cute pony art - whether official characters or your own dank OCs - that embody equality, justice, and tolerance. Upload some ethnically diverse humanizations. Upload your favorite official or fan gay ships and trans characters.

I ought not double post, but yes to this.

Constructive depictions are worth far more than blatant mouthpiece images. Slogans and flags are good for rallying your own team, not so much for winning the support of your would-be opposition.
GregUniverse

Grandest of Dads
I’d like to thank CruFox for recommending this.

FurBooru may be a great alternative for MLP fans who feel conflicted about staying on Derpibooru in light of it allowing art depicting nazis, swastikas, etc.

FurBooru isn’t specifically an MLP booru, but it’s welcoming to bronies and has plenty of MLP artwork. It outright bans hate speech, racism, nazi-related art, etc. Bonus points, it bans sexualized content of underage characters too, which was another recurring concern that’s been brought up here:

full

I’m gonna be joining up there myself and seeing how I like the community. Maybe I’ll see some of you guys there!
windburst

Bonus points, it bans sexualized content of underage characters too, which was another recurring concern that’s been brought up here:

just gonna dib in here to say that a lot of prominent people against aryanne have (had since some removed it when being called out about it) foalcon images liked and favored. I do myself so i’m not going to be a hypocrit about it, but yeah, we’re all people and got different likes and dislikes.
Armagedonus

Hell, you could even try to start a trend of “taking back” Aryanne by making art of her renouncing nazism and replacing her cutie mark with something else, in the vein of real-world ex-nazis who remove their swastika tattoos. Imagine a movement of creativity that turns this character from a symbol of racism to a symbol of anti-racism and redemption.

To be honest this feels like a roundabout way to censor Aryanne.  
As in “lets remove icky part about her and put in the things that I personally support”.  
Like, what is even the point of Aryanne when she in not edgy anymore?  
So I agree with Sethisto’s stance on ED that, out of respect, he doesn’t want that sort of content on his site anymore.

I wholeheartly disagree, I do not give a FLYING FEATHER about race wars, american politics and “white supermacy”.  
I want more art, not less because of “muh real life”!  
My suggestion? Counter depictions of nazism with the opposite. Draw some cute pony art — whether official characters or your own dank OCs — that embody equality, justice, and tolerance. Upload some ethnically diverse humanizations. Upload your favorite official or fan gay ships and trans characters.

I support this.  
MORE art, not LESS art.
Armagedonus

It’s not censoring her. Drawing her a different way than she was intended isn’t stopping you from just drawing her as a nazi if you really want to.

Oh, ok. I tought you guys were talking about replacing her trademark edgyness to “own the nazis”.  
Anti-nazi Aryanne can still be edgy. Just make her part of Antifa.

There already exsist tag “oc:anti-anne”.  
People can use that if they need a framework.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

My suggestion? Counter depictions of nazism with the opposite. Draw some cute pony art - whether official characters or your own dank OCs - that embody equality, justice, and tolerance.

That’s majority of art anyways, if you take a look at following graphs:  

You can see that nazi imagery was a very small subset of images posted anyways, always. And in decline if you care about that. If someone filtered the content it was basically almost impossible for someone to stumble upon it and then it was this single image and if that is ruining someone’s day… they must have no other problems in their lives. Good for them.

@GregUniverse  
@Armagedonus
Anti-nazi Aryanne can still be edgy. Just make her part of Antifa.

If i was on the pro censorship bandwagon, you can be sure that i would also calling for anything Antifa being banned. To prevent an off-topic rant: they are not good people.
Background Pony #30B3
@Shadowking58  
IIRC (anyone from there can correct me if I’m wrong) it has some but not all of the same staff members. Furbooru has also had the anti-Nazi rules since its inception about 2 months ago (again IIRC).
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Shadowking58  
Not just the same guys, but exactly the clique responsible for the site attempting to go full SJW. I have no hope for furbooru - not because of “anti-nazi rules” or anything like that, but because identitarians cannot adminstrate well.

@Seiken  
To prevent an off-topic rant: they are not good people.

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed