The Anti-Nazi DNP Pledge

Background Pony #D268
@Background Pony #6CDB  
Just report and move on. Could be a false flag, could be an instigator, doesn’t matter because this rhetoric can hardly be part of a productive conversation.
Background Pony #2257
@Raptorshy  
I completely agree. I think trying to silence an opinion or viewpoint (that isn’t just wanton trolling) only serves to embolden its validity. It only serves to prove that the point in question has weight, because if it didn’t have a point, you wouldn’t need to silence it.

@Background Pony #3739  
Contrary to what Twitter will tell you, you can support someone’s freedom of expression without condoning or condemning what they’re expressing. Part of the trade-off of freedom of expression is that you’ll run into things you don’t like or don’t agree with. But I think that’s a totally fair price to pay for it.
Background Pony #3739
@Background Pony #2257

I think it’s more, like…

And since Raptorshy is here, I’d like her to hear what I’m saying too

When Derpibooru banned nazi content, they made a statement: “We won’t stand for this kind of thing anymore.”

Then when that got undone, it felt to me like tacit endorsement. I don’t think Raptorshy supports nazism. She’s gone on record saying she doesn’t.

But it feels much more like validation of nazi content to specifically go back on the ban, compared to how the site just kinda stayed silent on the issue before. I didn’t know about it before, since it was filtered for me, which is why I never said anything.

Raptorshy… I hope you can at least see how, to many of us, derpibooru banning racist content and then going back on that decision feels like siding with racism, even if you yourself do not hold racist views. It puts many of us in a moral quandary where we aren’t sure if we can support the site in good conscience anymore.

That’s all. I know it’s too late to change your mind again, but I just wanted to say what was on my mind.
Background Pony #DE4F
I know it was deleted but that post is genuinely scary because I know people legitimately hold that opinion.  
I hope it gets shown to the authorities.
Background Pony #2257
@Background Pony #3739  
You have been misled. Derpibooru had always been for freedom of expression (again, within the realm of the law and as long as it wasn’t blatant trolling). Yes that means you may see things you don’t like, such as references to Nazis, but references do not equate to recruitment or even encouragement. If they did, you’d see actual genuine neo Nazis on this website. Aryanne has been allowed to exist on this site for years, and I’ve yet to see anyone turn into a neo Nazi because of a picture of a cartoon horse with a Swastika on its butt.

This notion you have, that just because Derpibooru allows references to Nazis in pictures uploaded and therefore it means they support Nazis, is just flat out wrong. Actual genuine neo Nazis are banned, and have always been banned from this site.
Background Pony #3739
@Background Pony #2257

I addressed that. I recognized in my post that this content was here before the current controversy.

But I feel like banning it and then allowing it again sends a statement, whereas it was just kind of brushed aside and ignored before.
danmur15
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

Apple Horse Enthusiast
@Background Pony #2257  
I entirely agree with your second paragraph. people dont understand that just because I will fight for freedom of expression/speech/religion/whatever, doesnt mean that i agree with every aspect of whatever it is i happen to be fighting for.  
Personally, I will support artists up until the piece of art starts explicitly advocating for the violations of someone else’s rights. This may seem strange for some people (since usually nazis are implicitly advocating for that), but 99% of aryanne images are entirely harmless and i would be glad for someone to give me a concrete example of someone becoming a nazi solely because they saw pictures of aryanne.
Background Pony #3739
@danmur15

It’s not about people “becoming nazis.” It’s about normalization. Aryanne won’t turn someone into a nazi, but she can make nazis seem less horrific, less taboo, less gut-refelxively bad when framed as a cute, likable, and to some - even sexy - cartoon pony.

So then they start talking with fellow fans. The cool fans, the ones that aren’t “sensitive snowflakes who can’t take  
a joke like those weak-minded SJWs. And hey, while we’re talking, it’s it fucked up that whites are breeding below replacement level? Don’t you think whites should have their own homeland? I bet (((they))) wouldn’t like that…”

And then we’re basically 4chan: the booru
Background Pony #357D
@Background Pony #3739  
“4chan: the booru” will happen if and only if comments stop being moderated carefully. As long as rule #0 applies fully to comments, that’s not a realistic concern.
Background Pony #4DFB
@Background Pony #3739  
I think that’s giving remarkably little credit to our community. Much of this content has existed for years and the evidence brought forward of hateful conduct or ideology in the fandom has been very sparse.
Background Pony #2257
@Background Pony #3739  
Aryanne will only make genuine Nazis seem less horrific to horribly uneducated people. But at that point (and this applies to your second point as well), the problem is not Aryanne, the problem is a lack of education. Ayranne is not the one that should be blamed for a lack of education.

And I hate to break it to you, but this fandom started on 4chan. Your fear of this place becoming 4chan the booru is unwarranted because again, Aryanne has been allowed to exist on this site for years upon years now, and this place does not look or sound or act like 4chan at all.
Background Pony #7F5D
“@Background Pony #3739”  
Man, I wish 4chan was that organized.  
They would actually be competent, and a threat.
Background Pony #3739
@Background Pony #357D

Mmph. I’m still worried.

There were people in this very thread earlier today promoting segregation and “race realism.” Two of them did get banned, but still, there really were attitudes like that just below the surface for who knows how long.

It makes me second-guess the intentions of the people vocally promoting Aryanne, even if maybe it shouldn’t.
Background Pony #6CDB
@Background Pony #3739  
there was also a person fantasising about killing people he thought were Nazis and saying people who have different opinions to him should fear him  
your side also has bad apples you know
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed