Viewing last 25 versions of post by GenericArchangel in topic "The Largest Database Migration I Have Ever Written"

GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
So I was looking through the changelog to see if I could figure out the exact reason the site was updated, and noticed this gem with no additional context. I assume this is something fairly important to how the site works, even though there have been no significant end-user changes or issues (congrats to the dev team on that, btw). So, out of curiosity: what was that update, and what is the whole database migration thing about?

(yes I see that was two days ago, but I presume the change "deployed" is related)
No reason given
Edited by GenericArchangel
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
So I was looking through the changelog to see if I could figure out the exact reason the site was updated, and noticed this gem with no additional context. I assume this is something fairly important to how the site works, even though there have been no significant end-user changes or issues (congrats to the dev team on that, btw). So, out curiosity: what was that update, and what is the whole database migration thing about?

(yes I see that was two days ago, but I presume the change "deployed" is related)
No reason given
Edited by GenericArchangel