[Userscript] Emoticons!

Sollace
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

I am the night!
Tired of your comments being lifeless and boring? Ever wish ponies would look at you and go: Wow, this guy’s smart, charismatic, and handsome!

Well look no further! I have the userscript for you! Derpibooru emoticons adds a grand total of 56 cute pony themed emoticons – emotiponies to liven up your comment section!

full

They won’t make anypony charismatic or handsome, but ponies will certainly notice your smart use of emoticons! full

Get it now from the links below, for a limited time + offer of free!

+ Time may not actually be limited

Download: link

Installation Instructions:  
Before anything make sure you have installed Violentmonkey* for Firefox or Tampermonkey for Chrome, Opera, Safari or Edge
Additional Note:
If the script at first does not load, go into your settings and go to Settings > Advanced and toggle this option to “content”:
full
*Important Note: Do NOT use Greasemonkey. It’s dead, and the script may not work with it.

Changelog:
1.5.6 - Fixed emoticons not replacing correctly when a comment contains mismatched escape characters 
1.5.6 - Fixed emoticon aliases not being returned when editing a post
1.5.4 - Updated to support out new Markdown overlords  
1.5.3 - Fixed comment boxes (byte pls)  
1.5.1 - Added Philomena support  
1.5 - Fixed styles not working without a CSP fix, and fixed some general styling bugs  
1.4.2 - The script will now run on www.derpibooru.org, and www.trixiebooru.org in addition to all previous variants of the site address.  
1.4.1 - Fixed dropping icons into the comment box not working correctly  
- Use flex to lay out the comment box now  
1.3.1 - Removed debug logging  
1.2.1 - Remove the outdated rainbowexcited emoticon  
1.2 - Added the requested emoticons. :sunset: :quack: :squirrel: :starlightsmile: :starlighttriggered: :iwtcird:  
1.1 - Moved emoticons to derpibooru (fixes known issues)  
- Emoticon picker now works for PMs and other stuff I forgot  
1.0 - initial release

Known Issues:  
  • Scripts that linkifty external images linkify emoticons +  
  • The browser console gets a bit spammy because of how deribooru handles external resources +

Disclaimer:  
    As with anything, be careful about the scripts you can install. This one does not read or store any information in your browser, for the knowable the source can be easily read over here
Sollace
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

I am the night!
Oh, also: They’re not just buttons. Try clicking and dragging to select multiple ones to drop in the text area. full
DoublePipe
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

The browser console gets a bit spammy because of how deribooru handles external resources

Heh, those are Content Security Policy warnings and not something we’ve put there because we enjoy spamming your console. While they only result in warnings right now, we intend to enforce them eventually meaning that your images won’t load. When in effect, they’ll protect the site from XSS attacks among other things.

We’ll put out a general warning to userscript/userstyle authors with suggested alternatives and keep that up for a while before it happens, though. I’d suggest either uploading them to the site as you said or include them as base64-encoded data within your script. If you upload them, do it with a small amount at a time to avoid flooding the frontpage. You’ll also want to look at the “GM_addStyle” function for injecting CSS, since this bypasses CSP.

Besides this, it looks like a neat script.
Sollace
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am the night!
@DoublePipe  
Alrighty, I’ll do the uploading a few at a time.

Can’t do embedded images because they need to be visible to people without the script. :T

Edit: Didn’t see the part about the GM_addstyle. I generally don’t use GM_ functions. :/ I suppose I could change to that if it becomes necessary, but I rather keep greasemonkey’s sandbox out of it where it can’t mess things up.

Edit 2: CSP with the stylesheet does not seem to be an issue. Probably because it’s not a loaded resource. There is a warning for the sheet inserted by stylish, which you may want to look at:

Content Security Policy: The page’s settings observed the loading of a resource at data:text/css,/**Dressabooru**/%2F**%0ADressabooru%0A%0AA%20fabulous%20theme%20for%20derpibooru.%0A**%2F%0A%0A%40-moz-document%0A%09regexp('http%3F%5Bs%5D%3A%2F%2F(derpi%7Ctrixie)boo(%5C.ru%7Cru%5C.org).*')...
DoublePipe
Economist -

“There is a warning for the sheet inserted by stylish”

That’s your browser inserting the warning. It means that the stylesheet won’t work when we start to enforce the policies that are causing the warning.

“I generally don’t use GM_ functions. :/”

They seem to be implemented in other userscript engines too, if that is the concern. Unfortunately I don’t think there are other CSP-compliant ways to insert CSS.

If you have other questions we can take it over PM to avoid turning your thread into one about CSP.
Sollace
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am the night!
full

Will have to see if I can fit it in. The current set has the panel pretty full and I don’t want to have just one odd one poking out at the bottom.
Kincyr
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Non-Fudgsicle Token
I don’t want to have just one odd one poking out at the bottom.

I’m sure users will come up with more emoticon ideas to fill the rest of the row. I’m surprised Twicane, Rariball, and Twilight Snapple haven’t become emoticon-sized already.

or the face Dash makes in the iwtcird pose
Sollace
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am the night!
@Kincyr  
I suppose, for completeness, I should link the complete set of emoticons that exist:

full

Not all of them made it into this script because I want to keep it to a consistent theme and level of quality, but all of these are available to use on FimFiction using my userscript .

If you have an idea for a pose not already made, and can link me an image to work from, I could probably organise something.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide