What do we do about DNP takedowns?

Background Pony #22B7
@ShouldBeDrawing  
Oh I see, thanks for the clarification! So it’s not “delete everything” DNPs right now but mostly “don’t post anything new right now”?

I stand corrected then. Yeah, that’s a good message to send.

I am just really sad about any and all DELETIONS that people may consider or that may happen.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Derwol  
That’s the “furries/literally whos to DNP brigade” part from mentioned previous post.

@Background Pony #22B7  
Generally art removal here is termed a “takedown”.

@ShouldBeDrawing  
While a lot of the pro-censorship DNP pledgers have filed for complete takedown. Which, in slightly attempted to be polite words… was that supposed to HURT us?
Background Pony #22B7
While a lot of the pro-censorship DNP pledgers have filed for complete takedown. Which, in slightly attempted to be polite words… was that supposed to HURT us?

Some of it will hurt, if it’s prolific and skilled people like Braeburned. They have tons of amazing stuff here :(  
Will miss all those well drawn gay and occasionally straight horsies
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
There has ALWAYS been an Nazi & racism issue here.  
And I am glad as an non-US user the site is finally getting it’s shit together. We have objected to that content for ages and just been ignored.
Background Pony #FA1E
Some of it will hurt, if it’s prolific and skilled people like Braeburned. They have tons of amazing stuff here :(
Will miss all those well drawn gay and occasionally straight horsies
He is not DNP on e621 and yet e621 allows posts depicting nazis. Because now he draws mostly furry art maybe if he is shown that e621 policy is not much different from Derpi one then he will revert his decision as otherwise he would have to become DNP on e621 and he probably does not want to. Unless he wants to be a hypocrite.

full  
https://twitter.com/braeburned/status/1278558397953183744

full

I am afraid you can “accidentally stumble upon a fucking nazipony” on e621 but not on Derpi, because here “nazi” tag is hidden by the default filters but it is not on e621 default blacklist.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Background Pony #22B7  
He has drawn 99.9% furries for ages. Functionally, his takedown is “nothing changed, you just have to check a different site to reminisce about the old art”.

@Background Pony #FA1E  
Also this. Has anyone had the courage to tell him about it and screencap/archive the response yet?

@Inucroft  
You seem to have missed the memo that the site is not going to enact any censorship.  
Also, please show me a single Nazi currently (last ~month with account being 1+ year old, to exclude obvious “disposable” accounts) active on the site.
Grave_Mind
Since the Beginning  -

Dredgen
@Barhandar  
I can tell you right now that Braeburned isn’t going to care. Anyone who signed up for a DNP does not care. They set their stubborn minds in stone, whether it was against censorship or not. This is the cycle for political discourse. Someone gasps and screams “THAT’S OFFENSIVE!” and suddenly everyone within hearing distance loses literally all of their brain cells. Like… all of them. At once. The only way to win is not to play.
Background Pony #DFB5
@Barhandar  
The Aryanne thread discord has a couple of un-ironic Nazis, who probably have DB accounts. They’ve been fairly vocal about being anti-censorship.

However, that’s probably down to the “if you hold a community pretending to be X people that are X will eventually show up thinking they’re in good company” and from the looks of it that discord mostly just leans center right. GaryD12, who Wootmaster tried to cancel and who runs the server, I’ve talked with personally and frankly he’s uh… not to be rude or anything, but a little autistic to have any serious political beliefs. I mean that in the best way possible, he’s not very political.
Grave_Mind
Since the Beginning  -

Dredgen
@Background Pony #DFB5  
Can I be honest? I always hated Woot. I always hated his takes. He always came out of nowhere thinking he was spitting the hot, honest truth. When in reality, I always felt he was full of it. The fact that he’s so gung-ho about creating this mass exodus to begin with does not surprise me. But it still greatly disappoints me.
Background Pony #FA1E
@Barhandar  
You wont see it there as you would have to click this to see that and this is not archived.

full

But why you want to check it in the archive anyway if this is available in the live version? To archive this specific response you would have to open that tweet with the response and save its url separately.

Also I noticed there are two new replies there under Brae posts with questions about e621.
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Background Pony #FA1E  
Because I wanted to know if someone has tried to preserve it yet (yes, someone did attempt half an hour ago).  
Weird, direct link (the one you’ve provided) doesn’t need any extra clicking on replies.
Background Pony #DDA3
@Barhandar  
Are you guys allowed to tell us who the artists are who filed for dnp takedowns or is that something only they would be able to reveal? I just want to sort of guage how much I care.
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Background Pony #DDA3  
Who filED, no, who already had the DNP takedowns confirmed can be scraped via the API or manually really boorishly checked over at DNP List. As you can see, it’s in alphabetical order while the data from the API is/can be ordered by time, and then you just check the amount of pictures under the tag and if it’s some negligible amount, either they’ve got their takedown, or they’re a literallywho.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide