Are Cadence and Shining Armour the John Cena of MLP?

Pony Discussion » Are Cadence and Shining Armour the John Cena of MLP? Search Posts
Background Pony #F6C3
They all have the writers kissing thier asses, they all have everything going for them, they are all mary sues/Gary stus, and most importantly They all take the important screen time as in SA And Cadence took Screen time should have been given to King Sombra and John Cena is taking the attention from the great talented Young wrestlers
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

đź…±
Ah, this fulfills The Cadance Paradox perfectly. If you don’t give them screentime, they can’t develop as characters. But if you give them screentime, that means you have to give another character less screentime.

I like Cadance and Shining Armor. I think they only get more characterized the more that they are shown.
EvilTon
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Yeah, I stopped reading OP’s post the moment he mentioned “Mary Sue”.  
Lemme guess, you think the Season 3 finale is where the show “sold out” too?
Background Pony #F6C3
@EvilTon  
Nope but lets think in here, people hate on King Sombra for not having a character enough for them, he only appeared once and is hinted to appear again but people are still butthurt, but cadence or SA had shown almost as much as character as he did but appeared 4X times as much, so yeah there Mary Sues because unlike King Sombra The writers have given them screen times but they always feel to stop being perfect
EvilTon

@MonkeyDzyrax  
I just wanted to understand what he said. I seriously couldn’t decode his message.

And what the fuck is “smh”? Could’ve said “shakes head” or something. Why does everything have to be in acronyms?  
(man, I’m an ass today)
boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

I have to admit about the lack of characterization of Cadance and mostly Shining Armor, that despite having lots of screentime they doesn’t develop much because they are showed doing what they have to do to save the day or show the same aspect multiple times. Shining armor for example spend a lot of his screentime showing how much of a valiant guard or big brother he is instead of having personal thoughts, eccentric traits or passions outside his love for Cadence.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

đź…±
They need more episodes like Games Ponies Play, where the fate of the world isn’t in the balance and they can be characterized more. Especially Shining Armor. We need an episode where he is a main character.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
The only thing I know about Cena is the dueling chants, which seem like an appropriate metaphor for any of the fandom-splitting events that have been seen in FiM’s short history. Par exemple:

Let’s go Cadance!  
Cadance sucks!  
Let’s go Cadance!  
Cadance sucks!
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Whatevs

How can I? Wrestling is an american thing, thus am only peripherally familiar with it.

Regardless, as I said here, Cadance and SA need to overcome a conflict in order to grow as characters.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide