Are there any pieces you liked about your least favorite episodes?

Mojo

@Kirb

Dash’s episodes have ALWAYS been consistently really damn mixed more so than any other character, she’s like the Anti-Rarity in that regard.

Honestly despite it’s flaws id take Newbie Dash over goddamn Rainbow Falls (which is a strong contender for my LEAST favorite episode) or MMDW every day of the week.

@Magma_ERuptiOn

I think the vast majority of the fandom actually loves that episode, I see it on top 5 of S4 all the time.
Mojo

@Magma_ERuptiOn

Well that’s fine, what I mean is yeah Dash had a streak of you know 90%+ the fandom approves episodes from Testing Testing 1..2..3 through Rarity Investigates!

Newbie Dash is probably her weakest received episode since Rainbow Falls though I think it’s reception is better than THAT ones.
Hateot

No Second Prances: Starlight having the backbone to call out Twilight on her double standard on trusting Starlight enough to let her past go without a fuss, yet having zero trust on Trixie. Although Twilight’s backwards behavior felt kind of out of place, because the whole thing made me wonder (again) why Starlight deserved special treatment on that front in the first place.
Williver
Artist -

Slice of Life: The Derpy and Gummy bits

Those were my favorite parts of Slice of Life as well. I also generally dislike the episode because most of it was a boring use of the overall 22 minutes.

The Lyra and Bon Bon/Sweetie Drops bit was especially lousy because all it basically boiled down to Lyra being a whiny little bitch because Bon Bon had a past life but started a new life in Ponyville and changed her name and left her old life behind… before even meeting Lyra.

The dialogue in the scene was bland and vague… “none of that was real?” Even for a little kids show they should have made it more clear as to whether or not Lyra was wondering if Sweetie Drops planned to seek out Lyra and get to know her over the long-term for some secret-agent ulterior motive instead of “real friendship”.. or whatever Lyra was whimpering like a little bitch for. I understand that there’s a time limit of 22 minutes, but the dialogue was way too short and basic.

Also, all that Doc did was go bowling, how boring.
Lock247

Princess Spike: Twilight’s sleepy moments were adorable.

Slice Of Life: Derpy was very adorable and funny. Pretty much the only thing that episode did right IMO.

Castle Sweet Castle: Again, Sleepy Twilight was entertaining.

Spike At Your Service: Some of the comedy that didn’t directly involve Spike was quite funny, like RD’s idea for her Novel.

Boast Busters: Trixie in general.

The Season 5 Finale: I like the Crystal War and Changeling alternate timelines and thought they were really cool.

A Friend In Deed: The “Smile Smile Smile” song. It’s an oddly catchy and great song in an otherwise meh episode {I don’t hate or hugely dislike this episode though, I just think it has some major issues}. It’s also a really iconic part of Season 2 and Pinkie Pie in general.
Kirb
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Stranded (Anthro/NSFW)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Twilight’s Kingdom: The background music. Seriously, the soundtrack work in this show is amazing, even if it’s in a shit episode.
landshark15

Cutie Remark: That part where Starlight convinced the bullies to stop bullying Fluttershy was Starlight being the cheeky manipulative bitch I loved back in the season 5 premier.
Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
Honest Apple: Even though it was a bit out of place, Rarity KILLED IT with that guitar solo.  
Parental Glideance: Scootaloo going fangirl crazy over meeting Rainbow Dash’s parents was priceless.  
No Second Prances: “How do you get your hair to do that all the time?”  
Fame and Misfortune: Toola-Roola and Coconut Cream  
Filli Vanilli: This  
Marks for Effort: “I mean, I see.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide