Crazy Headcanons

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Random-Rambling  
I have a theory Blueblood is a very moralistic pony who refuses alchohal, gambling and gives to the poor, who believes Rarity represents all of the evils of the lower classes. Greed, shallowness, selfishness, individualism, drunkeness, gambling and other vices, is what he thought Rarity was. And she had the nerve to actually approach someone of a higher status; keep in mind too she was only a minor fashion designer back then. For sompony considering herself a lady, she had the nerve to expect him, a prince, to pay for her meals. How dare she! If she were a princess, Blueblood would certainly have paid for her meals. If she were more polite and obeyed him, he would’ve at least respected her.

Blueblood didn’t think he was being rude. He simply thought he was teaching this child of janitors how to be more polite, ie, knowing her place.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Brass Beau  
From her point of view but in reality maybe he’s more like Mr. Darcy than she would think. Blueblood’s blunt and doesn’t try to fake politeness, he sees himself as authentic and Rarity as a poser of refinement, trying to be something she could never hope to become.
Background Pony #3B48
I’ve always heard about the Mane Six mental issues by professional online psychologists. With resulta ranging from OCD, ADHD, ASD, SAD, AS and many others. But I’ve never heard about characters such as Celestia or Luna. They may have mental issues given their thousand years (Especially Celestia after she kicked Luna, perhaps she tried to kill herself). What do you guys think about that?
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #3B48  
Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep? with its theme of self harm, Luna’s obsession with her past mistakes and anxiety over how others percieve her points to manic depression.  
Besides Horse Play, Between Dark and Dawn and Celestial Advice we don’t get much of a read on Celestia’s personality. We’ve seen her act, regal, stoic and motherly but with a playful side so she might just be the only well-adjusted individual we’ve seen.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Laß mich sterben
@Brass Beau

Well, Bewteen Dark and Dawn portrays her as a totally extrovert mare, that would totally prefer going with you to an roller coaster. On the other side, the first few minutes of her night role when she was Inverted!Celestia during A Royal Problem she literally started talking to herself uncontrollably, even admitting it but being unable to actually stop (She did find someone to talk, eliminating the need to talk to yourself, but if she wouldn’t by some reason she would’ve talked to herself still)

“You are talking to yourself Celestia…”  
“…But’s there’s nobody to talk to!”

“Now, to save ponies from their nightmares! Which aren’t real, so it should be easy!”  
“Yeah, good point Celestia!”  
“…And I’m talking to myself again.”

That hints the possibility that she literally  
Can’t stand being alone, I mean, when was the last time you loudly talked to yourself, acknowledged it and continued?

Now, add to that the fact that she was probably hitted hard when she banished Luna. (Luna was her only one to talk at that time, suddenly have it banished and try to be the same) and that every citizen seems to threat her as an Caligula (As in “Oh shit, Celestia will ban me to the moon for a drop of water”), and that, if Bewteen Dark and Dawn gives any indication, she couldn’t even talk to the castle workers. And you got a white big alicorn that would prefer one hundred times to cuddle with you rather than to spend a day alone (And, if the latter it’s unavoidable, would try to talk to herself again, perhaps making herself a little Wilson)

I may be worldbuilding here, but in fact, in Bewteen Dawn and Dark she tried to talk to the parachutist, even though he could hear shit XD. And she keep on talking to herself afterwards when she got lost.

I think I missed up something, please tell me your counter-affirmation.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@FliegerFaustToP47  
Using just the show and movie canon, it seems Celestia’s extrovertive and Luna’s introvertive personalities may be a product of their raising. Celestia got a lot of attention and adoration for raising the sun. She’s well adapted to being around others and a millenia is a long time to master etiquette and social skills. And being a ruler requires forming and maintaining diplomatic relationships. She’s probably felt alone, but never been truly alone for any meaningful length of time until A Royal Problem. Talking to herself was probably a defense mechanism from an unknown fear of loneliness. She’s probably thought out loud to herself before and thought nothing of it because, after coming to a conclusion, probably had to act on whatever problem she was working through.
Background Pony #B006
Did anybody notice that Luna was pissed af during the horseplay stuff? When the sun its raised
Background Pony #B006
She was literallt steamin at the sun Lol. Its a blink and i miss it thing
Korora
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Let's keep calm here...
Doctor Whooves gave Starlight Glimmer what for when he learned about her time-travel escapade.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Laß mich sterben
…it seems Celestia’s extrovertive and Luna’s introvertive personalities may be a product of their raising. Celestia got a lot of attention and adoration for raising the sun.

Hmm. I have to say, interesting theory, jolly good old chap!. Of course, given canon, Celestia was kind-of loved more than Luna, or atleast, had a bloody big amount of attention because of her special talent in comparison to Luna. This would further lead to Nightmare Bun but we are not talking about it ATM.

She’s well adapted to being around others and a millenia is a long time to master etiquette and social skills. And being a ruler requires forming and maintaining diplomatic relationships.

Given your earlier theory as an viable variable, it would be easy to point out that the attention Celestia received was a crucial point in learning social skills. Meanwhile, Luna had it though with friends, so she became an introvert. Although let me point something good sir; Diplomatic Relationships are, sadly, diplomatic, and, although she wouldn’t be technically lonely, that relationship cannot advance further than that. It’s unclear how Celestia would manage the crown and the diplomatic relationships, but, by the slightly noticeable hints, Celestia is, pretty much, an slave to PR, a woman wearing the queen mask I dare to say, and, as such, I highly doubt diplomatic relationships could advance further. (Combine that with the general non-acceptance of other races about friendship stuff). And that’s the issue I point out and you understand:

She’s probably felt alone, but never been truly alone for any meaningful length of time

Felt indeed, she couldn’t be alone because she wasn’t alone. But she felt indeed alone without anyone to chat or share a cup of bomb ass tea. But given that she wont dare to show out her frustration or weariness, she played along… for 1000 years… while Luna, (The only pony that made her feel company) was a Nightmare Bun stuck on the Moon. That may have done some small stuff on her psyche. Since the whole point of A Royal Trouble it’s a poor communication kill, they’re so engrossed on their royal duties 24/7 that they rarely have any time to talk about their day, which would explain why they’re so eager to blame. Now take Luna out of the equation; she had to practically do double job until her sister returns (Because I don’t think that without her help Equestria would have advanced from the terror of a Nightmare Bun roaming around in the nightmares of people). And also she lost Luna to talk to, so she was alone in power. That strain of an naturally friendly an extrovert Celestia thay can’t talk to ppl probably left a mark, until Twilight Sparkle appeared to save the day (And proved on Celestial Advice; she kept Twilight longer than neccesary to have some company, and when she sent her off to Ponyville it was when Luna returned to her).

…but never been truly alone for any meaningful length of time until A Royal Problem. Talking to herself was probably a defense mechanism from an unknown fear of loneliness. She’s probably thought out loud to herself before and thought nothing of it because, after coming to a conclusion, probably had to act on whatever problem she was working through.

And that’s the turning tide of the whole Barbarossa campaign: she most likely felt alone at the period bewteen Luna colonizing moon and Twilight coming to her rescue. She wasn’t alone. But, an epically extrovert person like her will slowly drift to insanity when they feel alone (And it’s entirely possible that she talked to herself as a defense mechanism during that period). It was a monumental effort to take care of a diarchy as one without anyone to talk to, she basically had a face of “Please hug me and chat with me pls, I’m an extrovert unable to be an extrovert”. Twilight came, now she had someond to talk, Luna came, Twily left, well, she had Luna. She could also talk to Starlight. But now Starlight’s asleep, Twilight it’s not present and Luna it’s also asleep from wearing Celestia’s queenly mask. There, at that point, at that exact point her brain gone “I’m alone again!? Oh hell no!” and unknowingly she returned back to talking to herself to “avoid loneliness”

There, our theories join and we find the purpose of life mi amigo, it was a defense mechanism, coming from an point where she felt truly lonely. And we stand together as one on our point that, while Celestia is probably the most normal of the diarchy, she has a relatively small amount of psychological troubles stemming from her time feeling alone. And her talking to herself it’s a defense mechanism from that. Because she, as an extrovert, never liked to be alone or feel alone.

…?

…Oh bollocks, bloody Asperger. .. either way, I agree with you in most of the points exposed. If you want you can reply your opinion our point out something, have a nice day/night!

(And sorry if it’s nonsensical, it’s 3:30 AM in here)

@Background Pony #B006

JAJAJAJA, C MA MO. I’ve seen it before, but you reminding it to me made me break from laughter. Jajajaja! She’s losing the plot right there.

“This it’s my night bitch”
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@FliegerFaustToP47  
Interesting to point out that she took in Twilight as her protege. And Twilight wasn’t her first. And Celestia established the school. She’s probably had hundreds of students over the years. I wouldn’t be surprised if she set up the school specifically to pick out ponies to spend time with.
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
Some people hold that Celestia is seperated from all others by her station and lifespan, that she sent Twilight to learn friendhip because it is something she herself can only grasp theoretically, that she was so desperate to save Luna and raise Twilight up because it’s the closest she can get to having peers.

I, on the other hand, consider this a grain of truth expanded into a mountain of unnecessary angst (just like the truth “Twilight will miss her friends if she outlives them” so often is) and hold that her milleinum-plus of life is filled with more friends, treasured aquaintances, beloved students and perhaps even plain beloveds than any pony (even Pinkie Pie) could lay claim to in a mortal lifetime (I’m a bit on the fence about marriage/kids.)
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Yeah, Celestia clearly has good relationships with her students and staff. If she really had no desire for companionship she would have left the throne.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
With her sister. I don’t think she’d abdicate the throne otherwise. She was definitely tired of being royalty and not having a real life though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide