Crazy Headcanons

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Garble was the Spike to Sunset’s Twilight. He’s slighty embittered towards Celestia for insert punishment here-ing his Mom/sister/whatever and is a total Momma/whatever’s boy.

She let him live with other dragons, thinking he’d be happier.
Opalescence
Artist -

Celestia is the only born Alicorn, and Luna was her first student and later transformed like Twilight. Evidence: Luna still hasn’t her sister’s size despite living for such a long time. She also has the same size and wing shape as cadance, who according to that crystal heart book is an elevated pegasus.

Celestia took Luna as a student because she wanted to have company.

Luna was formerly an earth pony.
Sjogre

Steven Magnet actually guards the River Styx. Since he let the manes cross it, that means that they’re all immortal because they can cross over from the Land of the Dead at will.
SpacePaladin

Watcher of the Watchmen
Pinkie Pie has a magical friendship aura that subverts people into being her friend despite the fact that she’s really annoying, obnoxious, and codependent.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Religion, or at least religion as we humans know it, does not exist in Equestria. However, ponies still do utter oaths like “As Celestia as my witness…!” and “What in the name of Luna’s night sky are you doing?!”

Speaking of that, there are other countries outside of Equestria. I haven’t decided whether they have Earth-like religion, or any sort of religion at all.

Please don’t discuss religion here. It will only lead to arguments.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
Rarity and Blueblood hate each other, but have developed a grudging respect of each other due to constant misadventures that they are thrust in together. One such event involved them forming a two-pony rythym and rap team named “Silva’ n’ Gol’”, which took third place in an underground step competition.

They would be mortified if anyone found out.
BinaryPony

Rarity and Blueblood hate each other, but have developed a grudging respect of each other due to constant misadventures that they are thrust in together. One such event involved them forming a two-pony rythym and rap team named “Silva’ n’ Gol’”, which took third place in an underground step competition.
They would be mortified if anyone found out.

And then someone did…
MrThumbsup

Rainbow Dash has five overprotective older brothers. She is the youngest child in her family.

Fluttershy has a younger brother

Zecora’s homeland is called Zebrica. It is ruled by a King named Samedi.

Big Macintosh is a mathematical genius.

Carrot Cake and Carrot Top are siblings.

Gilda took one of Iron Will’s seminars, making her into the griffon she is today.

Celestia and Luna have an evil brother named Morningstar.

Hoity Toity and Photo Finish were briefly married, and divorced on good terms.

Chrysalis-as-Cadence insisted on being called “Mi Amore Cadenza” because the translation is “I love Cadence.” Chrysalis was able to snag a quick snack just from people calling her that.

Cadence is a mortal alicorn.

Mortal Alicorns do not have ethereal manes.

Changelings can eat love that is freely offered to them. It doesn’t need to be stolen.

Trixie and the Flimflam Brothers are acquaintances from the con-artist days.

Flim and Flam’s full names are Flimmond Flimflam and Flambert Flimflam. They also have a pair of twin sisters, Swinn and Dell.

Zebras speaking in rhyme is a religious practice only held by some, not all.

Sombra was once a normal unicorn who is now a mindless eldritch force of nature. During a war for power against the Changelings, he tapped into Eldritch energies, sacrificing his once-brilliant mind for Shadow Magic.

Pegusai have enormous lung capacities.

Derpy has two cousins- Sherlock Hooves, and Hugh Jelly. Both adore Dinky. Sherlock sends Derpy letters every month, along with a basket of muffins every six months.

Just as there are mortal alicorns, there are mortal Draconequi, made when a pony and a dragon crossbreed.

Blueblood and Cadence are brother and sister. They’ve been estranged for several years after a bitter argument.

The crystal heart is Clover the Clever’s fire of friendship encased in a protective crystal shell. The whole of the Crystal Empire was built around to store it and guard it. Crystal ponies are thus magic glass automatons, but they don’t know it.

The Mane Six could have just as easily not become the Elements. The capacity to wield, or embody, one of the Elements exists in all ponies, or even griffons, dragons, or diamond dogs. For example, Applebloom, Silver Spoon, Mrs. Cake, and others exemplify Loyalty.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
I believe I may have what is the most insane headcanon yet!

There was no woobie stuff involved in the creation of Nightmare Moon. Luna wasn’t being treated wrong, or being ignored. Luna was just a raging arrogant, egotistical asshole that thought her night was superior to the day. Then a 1000 years on the moon straightened her out.

And less crazy.  
Griffons aren’t a warrior culture. Infact they hate violence, and have baking as their most important national past times.
SpacePaladin

Watcher of the Watchmen
And less crazy.
Griffons aren’t a warrior culture. Infact they hate violence, and have baking as their most important national past times.

Adding to this, they prefer smack talk and threat displays over physical violence.
Soarin_the_Pegasus

The reason why there is so few stallions in Equestria is because years before the events of FiM there was a devastating war that Equestia got involved in on a foreign land. During this war Equestria’s military was very traditional, there was a draft and only males served in combat. (Females worked in the home front or were nurses.) This war had many Equestrian casualties resulting in there being a lot less males than there used to be.

Big Macintosh was a veteran in the war. Before the war he ran Sweet Apple Acres on his own, AJ assisted him. He was also a lot more talkative. Post-war trauma made him the quiet Big Mac we see in the show. He was also unfit to run the farm so AJ took over.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
I believe I may have what is the most insane headcanon yet!
There was no woobie stuff involved in the creation of Nightmare Moon. Luna wasn’t being treated wrong, or being ignored. Luna was just a raging arrogant, egotistical asshole that thought her night was superior to the day. Then a 1000 years on the moon straightened her out.
And less crazy.

Well there goes my headcannon of making Griffons into a warrior race like the Krogan, and the Klingon.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@igotnopicks
That’s actually a common headcanon.

Hey I have one that would work. The Griffons have a peace treaty with the other species in Equestria.  
Gilda and Dash’s parents fought in a war. That’s why Dash was friends with Gilda. Man I want to see more Gilda.
SpacePaladin

Watcher of the Watchmen
My headcanon is that griffons aren’t a proud warrior race, but they do have a mandatory service for able-bodied griffons. Less Klingon, more Switzerland.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide