Down with Molestia

IrieMangaStudios
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Given the hot button topic and debate of what the name Molestia has, wondering if a milder title change might be in order:

JJ’s fame spawned from a fan fiction (not his own) and meme of “Molestia” where the monarchy is a habitual sex offender in the beginning but seems like she is highly flirtatious and sexually aggressive.

Would “Flirtestia” be a better fit, due to those being subjected to her advances are mostly embarrassed and sexually prude to a character that is more open about her sexuality.

Or maybe I am thinking to hard on this subject, trying to ffind common ground to have R34 humor and not be totally insensitive to the issue at hand about the reaction that a fan name is called.

Still find the whole thing ridiculous, with both parties taking things too far. I don’t believe in “your rights stop when my feelings are hurt” but name-calling, email threats and direct insults of the person an not the issue is hardly a civil or mature way to handle things either.

I thought I was done with the whole debacle but sometimes can’t help to find a more civil matter in addressing issues. But when both sides refuse to bend or trolls are added to the debate, the issue dissolves to jerk-knee emotional response and side taking.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@IrieMangaStudios  
A name change might be a bit late. Unless it’s something incredibly catchy, she’d always be still be “Molly”.

The name and the way JJ’s mixed the comic’s tone are the main things against it. The vast majority of issues portray her as simply very promiscuous and open about her sexuality, but there have been several issues where there are pretty clear rape jokes. I’m rather sure that most APM readers recognize them for what they are and don’t go “oh, it’s OK because Molly is hot/funny!”. But that the comic shifts between sexual humor and dark humor seems to be taken by many as “it’s normalizing it”.

I dunno, I’m jaded. I’m capable of mowing down hordes of pedestrians in GTA while laughing my ass off, then sympathize with Niko overtaking down the bad guys and feel for his struggles, all without confusing the two things as one justifying the other or thinking anything I just saw and did was “good”.

I’d personally have wished JJ had kept with the April Fools joke of Lusty Luna; it’d have been a kind of reset.
ender1200
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@IrieMangaStudios  
Ultimately this is for JJ to decide. this is his comic after all.

I just wish this entire shit storm will go away. I guess i should just go back to trying to ignore it but it’s every time i run across a new hint that this is still going on i find myself drown in again.

By the way how big is the DWM movement? are they really so influential to justify the high attention Derpybooru gives them?
Background Pony #1640
The last move that was made was DWM doing another change petition, this time preventing JJ from doing anything at Bronycon. We would like to remind everyone similar moves were made to keep Jitterbug out due to Discord Whooves and yet they were allowed to be there and panel. Hopefully we’ll have new drama after this. Please.
IrieMangaStudios
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I wonder if there is an “after hours” session at the cons that artists like JJ and others that are known for their “erotic” artwork and adult humor can be more appreciated and more appropriate for such a convention. Bronycon is open to the public and general audience especially young kids, fan artists that are noted for erotic art might have to be sectioned to another area and their more erotic art would have to be covered or not out for display during the events (mostly in a portfolio book).

This kinda applies to the comic book and anime cons I sometimes frequent.

Having him as a daytime speaker or major guest of honor would be pushing things however.
Background Pony #C1FD
Most conventions that I’ve seen always have some sort of “18+ Only” panel, if not multiple. They’re held after normal convention hours and require ID. Even the absolute newest ones have them. The only thing that I think that would prevent this would be having some sort of official Hasbro presence as some Transformers cons do, but I don’t think fans really want that anyway.
Background Pony #C1FD
@The Smiling Pony  
Why do we even put up with him? How is that not worthy of some sort of ban?

Christ, even /mlp/ didn’t want anything to happen to these people physically.
SnowFlurry
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@IrieMangaStudios  
BronyCon had an 18+ panel that was at or after midnight so no little kids would be up (that and the panel description was stated to be 18+ and about mature subject matter). As for the artist selling material it was established that the art was to be PG. There were good number of artist who did adult oriented material on the floor showing off everything else in there collections. Even one of the members of IDW team had a minibook with a cute bunny on it but was titled with some foul language (covered with [censored] for the most part).
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony  
Randomosaur serves as a good example of the sort of shit this site does not put up with. He needs to be around so people can know “this is the limit on stupidity”, just how Sid is the limit on trolling.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide