Fausticorn and the show

Background Pony #D0E2
Fausticorn got pregnant with sperm donation so she is too deep for the show
boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

She didn’t want more alicorns except maybe twilight so she won’t accept that. Maybe she’ll would have created a similar looking pegasus or unicorn for those who really want it but never more than that.
Background Pony #8CC2
@boz  
She didn’t want more alicorns except maybe twilight so she won’t accept that.

I thought she didn’t want Twilight and Cadance to be alicorns as well
Amber

Nah,something tells me that she would not have wanted her OC to appear in the series.

Plus,she only wanted Celestia and Luna to be the only alicorns.

@Background Pony

She made Cadence a unicorn,not an alicorn,so yeah,she didn’t want her to be one.

She wanted Twilight to succeed Celestia.It was from the beginning.Probably not by making her an alicorn or a princess (or maybe yes,I mean,one thing is having the general idea of the goal and another is the process of how to reach it),but but yes,she wanted her to succeed.
boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Background Pony  
I’m not sure about that, she said she wanted twilight to succeed to Celestia without explicitly saying an alicorn, but I extrapolate that she would accept to make her one for this function.
Sjogre
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@boz  
Equestria got by without winged unicorns back before the time of Celestia. I think that Twilight could succeed her without getting wings.

Actually, why would Twilight need to become an alicorn to be Celestia’s successor?
Sjogre

@Itsthinking  
Can they? We’ve never had that confirmed. The fact that neither Blueblood nor Shining have wings would strongly imply otherwise.

More importantly, Celestia abdicating would imply a return to mortal rule. Having Twilight teach the unicorns how to take up their ancestral duty of turning day and night would make more sense than anything else.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Itsthinking
Can they? We’ve never had that confirmed. The fact that neither Blueblood nor Shining have wings would strongly imply otherwise.
More importantly, Celestia abdicating would imply a return to mortal rule. Having Twilight teach the unicorns how to take up their ancestral duty of turning day and night would make more sense than anything else.

I can see both good and bad things coming out of that scenario.

Good in that it is a callback to HWE, thus maintaining narrative coherence with that story.

Bad in that the narrative isn’t structured in a way to allow that. Celestia isn’t failing at her job, and neither is Luna, apparantly. This means that such a change will pretty much come out of nowhere (narratively speaking)…kind of like a certain videogame’s ending that I endlessly gripe about…

Also, just because something is part of a setting’s history (Unicorns controlling the local celestial bodies), does not mean that said history has to repeat itself
Sjogre

@Ebalosus  
True. But it’s never been explained why the unicorns haven’t taken that duty up again. It’s not like Celestia would be out on her rump if the unicorns started pulling their weight again.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Sjogre

I know I know, and honestly: It would be cool to see unicorns doing things like that again; A Hurricane Fluttershy for unicorns, if you will
boz

@Sjogre  
Maybe blueblood and shining don’t have wings, but neither of them rule a place. So succeeding to Celestia may imply more than just being part of the royalty and include reaching her magic’s power level by turning into an alicorn.
boz

@SeraphimDawn  
I’m sure they can, but after more than a thousand year of alicorn rules, they won’t agreed to follow a unicorn chosen by their ex-ruler who abandon them unless she give to this unicorn some sort of special power.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
@boz  
Does it have to be a Unicorn? I thought Equesria was originally joint ruled by representatives of each pony race, or some sort of democracy. Ponies aren’t the only “intelligent” inhabitants of Equestria either, whether they’re native or immigrated.
Niggoslav_Krawczyk
Duck - Niggoslav_Kwaczyk
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Drinky_Butt

VIVA LA NOCTE
I always figured Celestia just wanted a successor so she could catch up on those missed years with her sister, no biggie. Like Merlin in Sword in the Stone, they’ll head off to Alcaponyco or sommat and have a grand ol’ time, and come back to find Equestria in ruins and Twilight locked in her own little Forcecage, traumatised ponies rocking back and forth, the CMC shooting themselves off the top of the castle, Lily fainted dead away on the steps in front of the main ballroom…and Discord crying in the corner muttering about never knowing there was such a thing as too much chaos. Nice job, Twily, nice job!
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@Niggoslav_Krawczyk  
Nah, twilight would be incompetent in the opposite manner.

She’d feel the feed to organize everything and micromanage on every level of society.

Next thing you know, there’s a factory in Ponyville making left boots and a factory in Manehattan that makes right boots.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide