For people who HATED season 9

Ghost Reviews
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I am honestly surprised that so few seem to actually hate Season 9. I mean, most people ether don’t care, or like it. And, while I do respect those opinions, I just can’t see why. It does the same mistakes and even the same plot threads as Season 3.

So, who else just hated this season as a whole?
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I hated it so much I quit watching it halfway through. I don’t care if it has the finale to the show, I don’t intend on ever watching it. I disagree on it being like S3, if anything S3 is a masterpiece in comparison. I’d say it’s more like S6 and S8, which repeats all of the same problems those seasons had made, especially S9’s second half
Background Pony #4CD1
It is very rare for someone to be so invested in the show, that they stay even after they stop enjoying it. So most people who don’t like what the show has become will simply no longer be saying much about it at all.

For me, season 9 seemed like a small improvement over season 8 (the worst season). However, I watched them in very different circumstances; so my opinion may change after a rewatch.
Background Pony #252A
I wonder if the show staff ever played dnd. If they had, maybe they would have been more inspired to take the characters on grand adventures, meeting loads of unique species and cultures…
Latecomer

@Background Pony #1D12  
Is that what FIM is about? A bit, yes, and so they did it quite a bit. Not always to those cultures benefit, though - some flourish better in the wilds of headcanon.

As for me, I don’t hate S9 so much as find it (outside of a few episodes) profoundly disappointing - plagued with bad or at least poorly executed ideas, but not delivering half of what one might hope for in a final season. Perhaps it’s biggest acheivement can be proving that yes, the show is out of steam and should be laid to rest.
Background Pony #2968
I only truly hate Daring Doubt which I’ve declared not-canon. The other episodes I found lukewarm to “eh”, and some I truly enjoyed. I’m iffy on The Last Problem, mainly because it pretty much set a future I have a few problems with in permanent stone. Although I thought the finale song itself was the perfect way to end things. I would have preferred a more ambiguous finale, and one not so set in shipping. So I prefer to think of TLP as not the “only” future and just one of many possible futures for our mane cast.
Background Pony #2BEA
Season 9 was decent with its share of good and bad episodes, then the finale ruined everything (Grogar was Discord = worst writing decision in cartoon history).
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I don’t hate Season 9, but it did leave me feeling disappointed that they spent it on pointless episodes instead of wrapping things up. I’ll still say that it had its share of great episodes and ones that I enjoyed, but the others I could care less about. Also, I enjoyed the finale and epilogue personally but even I’ll admit that the Discord being Grogar twist left a bad taste in my mouth. It didn’t invalidate the episode nor the season to me, but it further cemented my dislike for him.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide