G1/G4 crossover

Pony Discussion » G1/G4 crossover Search Posts
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Sadly, it’s not possible. They don’t own the rights to most G1 character’s names. Spike and Applejack are the only two characters to be in all gens, IIRC.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@SeraphimDawn  
The thing is that I don’t know if they own the likenesses/toy designs either. Even if they owned the likenesses, they’d never make a cross-generation special if they couldn’t sell both styles of toy.

Don’t know who owns them now, but I know it’s not Hasbro and it’s probably not Zacherle.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@Itsthinking  
They could G4-ify those old ponies. Give the fans references to G1, make the G4 ponies team up with the updated G1 ponies to defeat a time and dimension shifting villains.

They may not exactly be in the style and original names of the G1 ponies, but in spirit they are. Just like the current gen.
ender1200
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Itsthinking  
Not owning the rights means that they can’t print toys around them. There is no law that prohibits them from using the names in the cartoon.  
Hasbro couldn’t to use the G1 names for the mane 6 because they ware all meant to be turned into toylines and used for other products.

Husbro lost the rights to neglect, meaning that they didn’t use the names and likenesses they can’t claim them anymore, but so can’t anyone else.
Cherry Berry

@Itsthinking  
Spike wasn’t in G2, but Applejack sort of was, she just had a different name (but extremely similar design). Star Swirl was in G1, G2, G3, a G4 toy, and even mentioned in the show, but that’s probably a different pony. I know there are a couple others, but I’m forgetting them…

On the other hand, I would love to see some sea ponies in the show, or something like them.
boz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - The evil council continuation

I’m not sure how reliable this info is, but didn’t they loose the television’s show right only? To disney when they brought marvel that was licenced to produce the g1 series.
Background Pony #FD47
Them not owning the rights doesn’t mean they couldn’t get them back if they wanted to. It’s just easier for them to constantly rerelease the same characters and thus not have to worry about getting rights to any new names, recycled or otherwise.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide