Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@Wiimeiser":](/forums/pony/topics/idw-comic-thread?post_id=5119706#post_5119706
[bq]
)  

>
MLP IDW seems to be the worst case of seasonal rot ever. Their first was their best, which is something you really don't want to have happen.[/bq]

Preeeeetty much. You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who said anything past the first, like, four stories were the best.

"

[
@Kiryu-Chan":](/forums/pony/topics/idw-comic-thread?post_id=5119711#post_5119711
)  
I don't think I want to know the answer to "did anyone greenlight the Diamond Dogs and their designs, or did the writers/artists have unlimited control."

I mean, for the recent ones, mind controlling villains, _*again_*? Shining Armor losing to anti-magic, then "[getting brainwashed,":](/images/2675565) _*again?_* A regular collar affecting the likes of Discord in the cats one? We never got a reason they couldn't destroy the walls or door to get to the Tree, that King, in all the time he had control?

We didn't get a reason why explosives wouldn't work.

They rehashed the same plot like three times, and the only one that went kinda different was the one before this, which is probably a case of too little, too late. I can't commit the names of _*any_* of those Diamond Dogs to memory, for instance, no matter how many times I saw them, because they were all so forgettable.

Anyone who thought S10 would fix any perceived failings of S9 were foolishly optimistic.
No reason given
Edited by AC97