Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@Phoenixflambe":](/forums/pony/topics/idw-comic-thread?post_id=5119742#post_5119742
)  
Did it though? It's not even _*over_* yet.

I'm fully expecting these guys to somehow defeat Discord (who to be frank could _*easily_* beat all of them via divide and conquer, when he has initiative), Cadance, and Star Swirl without that much effort, if they didn't do it offscreen by now, and they'll all get bailed out by the other Element sets, or something along that nature.

These antagonists are generic enough that I don't remember _*any_* of their names right now, and they only have -one- one-two more issue(s) in the entire series to make me care, which is a problem in that I already _*couldn't care less_* about those other Element Bearers as characters from the issues they came into play.

I would've remembered Sombra if his S3 appearance was his only use in the entire franchise. I'm not sure I'll be able to say the same here.

I'd be hard-pressed to remember any one of these as of now. I couldn't care less if they're redeemed or not.

What we're probably about to get is an exposition dump with them saying something like "we watched Harmony lead kingdoms to ruin because of X reason, so we sabotaged/made sure it couldn't happen again, and didn't make any successful efforts to weed out the Trees over a thousand years because reasons," and if words/empathy can't reach them, then them going "the ends justify the means," only to be defeated because their harmony is tainted and/or weaker than their combined harmony.

The problem here is, the comics took an issue the show had up to eleven, and that's the oversaturation of characters, and it's compounded by them not being _*developed_* properly. They're almost all reducible to one or two traits
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Phoenixflambe":/forums/pony/topics/idw-comic-thread?post_id=5119742#post_5119742
Did it though? It's not even _over_ yet.

I'm fully expecting these guys to somehow defeat Discord (who to be frank could _easily_ beat all of them via divide and conquer, when he has initiative), Cadance, and Star Swirl without that much effort, if they didn't do it offscreen by now, and they'll all get bailed out by the other Element sets, or something along that nature.

These antagonists are generic enough that I don't remember _any_ of their names right now, and they only have -one- one-two more issue(s) in the entire series to make me care, which is a problem in that I already _couldn't care less_ about those other Element Bearers as characters from the issues they came into play.

I would've remembered Sombra if his S3 appearance was his only use in the entire franchise. I'm not sure I'll be able to say the same here.

I'd be hard-pressed to remember any one of these as of now. I couldn't care less if they're redeemed or not.

What we're probably about to get is an exposition dump with them saying something like "we watched Harmony lead kingdoms to ruin because of X reason, so we sabotaged/made sure it couldn't happen again, and didn't make any successful efforts to weed out the Trees over a thousand years because reasons," and if words/empathy can't reach them, then them going "the ends justify the means," only to be defeated because their harmony is tainted and/or weaker than their combined harmony.

The problem here is, the comics took an issue the show had up to eleven, and that's the oversaturation of characters, and it's compounded by them not being _developed_ properly. They're almost all reducible to one or two traits
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Phoenixflambe":/forums/pony/topics/idw-comic-thread?post_id=5119742#post_5119742

I'm fully expecting these guys to somehow defeat Discord (who to be frank could _easily_ beat all of them via divide and conquer, when he has initiative), Cadance, and Star Swirl without that much effort, if they didn't do it offscreen by now, and they'll all get bailed out by the other Element sets, or something along that nature.

These antagonists are generic enough that I don't remember _any_ of their names right now, and they only have one more issue in the entire series to make me care, which is a problem in that I already _couldn't care less_ about those other Element Bearers as characters from the issues they came into play.

The problem here is, the comics took an issue the show had up to eleven, and that's the oversaturation of characters, and it's compounded by them not being _developed_ properly. They're almost all reducible to one or two traits
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm fully expecting these guys to somehow defeat Discord (who to be frank could _easily_ beat all of them via divide and conquer), Cadance, and Star Swirl without that much effort, if they didn't do it offscreen by now, and they'll all get bailed out by the other Element sets, or something along that nature.

These antagonists are generic enough that I don't remember _any_ of their names right now, and they only have one more issue in the entire series to make me care, which is a problem in that I already _couldn't care less_ about those other Element Bearers as characters from the issues they came into play.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm fully expecting these guys to somehow defeat Discord (who to be frank could _easily_ beat all of them via divide and conquer), Cadance, and Star Swirl without that much effort, if they didn't do it offscreen by now, and they'll all get bailed out by the other Element sets, or something along that nature.

The problem here is, the comics took an issue the show had up to eleven, and that's the oversaturation of characters, and it's compounded by them not being _developed_ properly. They're all reducible to one or two traits
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

What we're probably about to get is an exposition dump with them saying something like "we watched Harmony lead kingdoms to ruin because of X reason, so we sabotaged/made sure it couldn't happen again, and didn't make any successful efforts to weed out the Trees over a thousand years because reasons," and if words/empathy can't reach them, then them going "the ends justify the means," only to be defeated.

The problem here is, the comics took an issue the show had up to eleven, and that's the oversaturation of characters, and it's compounded by them not being _developed_ properly. They're all reducible to one or two traits
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

These antagonists are generic enough that I don't remember _any_ of their names right now, and they only have one more issue in the entire series to make me care, which is problem in that I already _couldn't care less_ about those other Element Bearers as characters from the issues they came into play.

What we're probably about to get is an exposition dump with them saying something like "we watched Harmony lead kingdoms to ruin because of X reason, so we sabotaged/made sure it couldn't happen again, and didn't make any successful efforts to weed out the Trees over a thousand years because reasons," and if words/empathy can't reach them, then them going "the ends justify the means," only to be defeated.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

These antagonists are generic enough that I don't remember _any_ of their names right now, and they only have one more issue in the entire series to make me care, which is problem in that I already _couldn't care less_ about those other Element Bearers as characters from the issues they came into play.

The problem here is, the comics took an issue the show had up to eleven, and that's the oversaturation of characters, and it's compounded by them not being _developed_ properly.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

These antagonists are generic enough that I don't remember _any_ of their names right now, and they only have one more issue in the entire series to make me care, which is problem in that I already couldn't care less about those other Element Bearers as characters from the issues they came into play.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

These antagonists are generic enough that I don't remember _any_ of their names right now, and they only have one more issue in the entire series to make me care, which is problem in that I already couldn't care less about those other Element Bearers as characters from the issues they came into play.

What we're probably about to get is an exposition dump with them saying something like "we watched Harmony lead kingdoms to ruin, so we sabotaged/made sure it couldn't happen again, and didn't make any successful efforts to weed out the Trees over a thousand years because reasons," and if words can't reach them, then them going "the ends justify the means," only to be defeated.
No reason given
Edited by AC97