Viewing last 25 versions of post by DarkObsidian in topic MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
[@Ring Team](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5259148#post_5259148)

I think I understand what you mean, but I don't think you understood what I meant. I think. I'll try to put it in a better way.

My argument is that Hasbro shifted the marketing of its MLP brand a bit with the start of G5. At least in my opinion. And that's understandable in my opinion. Because of the pandemic, some distribution chains have changed, or even completely broken down. So digital content will become more and more important in the future. That affects comics, for example. Presenting show elements on a streaming service like Netflix, too. It makes sense. For economic reasons, it's better for Hasbro to be more broadly based. And, of course, theyou want to link the individual products of their brand together somehow.

Whether you like that or not, that's not the question here. And I'm sorry if you have to deny my logic right away. Personally, I don't think this is a particularly good move on Hasbro's part. It may even be that it's not doing itself any favors in the end. But that will ultimately be up to the fans. That's all I wanted to say. ;-)
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
[@Ring Team](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5259148#post_5259148)

I think I understand what you mean, but I don't think you understood what I meant. I think. I'll try to put it in a better way.

My argument is that Hasbro shifted the marketing of its MLP brand a bit with the start of G5. At least in my opinion. And that's understandable in my opinion. Because of the pandemic, some distribution chains have changed, or even completely broken down. So digital content will become more and more important in the future. That affects comics, for example. Presenting show elements on a streaming service like Netflix, etcoo. It makes sense. For economic reasons, it's better for Hasbro to be more broadly based. And, of course, you want to link the individual products together somehow.

Whether you like that or not, that's not the question here. And I'm sorry if you have to deny my logic right away. Personally, I don't think this is a particularly good move on Hasbro's part. It may even be that it's not doing itself any favors in the end. But that will ultimately be up to the fans. That's all I wanted to say. ;-)
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0

My argument is that Hasbro shifted the marketing of its MLP brand a bit with the start of G5. At least in my opinion. And that's understandable in my opinion. Because of the pandemic, some distribution chains have changed, or even completely broken down. So digital content will become more and more important in the future. That's affencterings comics, for example. Presenting show elements on a streaming service like Netflix, etc. It makes sense. For economic reasons, it's better for Hasbro to be more broadly based. And, of course, you want to link the individual products together somehow.

No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian