Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ring Team in topic MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

[@Cosmas-the-Explorer](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5316112#post_5316112)
> [@Ring Team](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5316105#post_5316105)
>
> here's a thought to tickle our brains. I think Starlight in Season 5 was not brought up enough only anticipation for the Season Finale. She could have appeared in multiple episodes building up tension over time in significant ways not just a cameo in an episode. It could have made Starlight a more interesting character.

That would have made her much more interesting. I already talked about it [**here**](/forums/pony/topics/an-alternative-idea-for-starlight-glimmer), but I agree. Considering how season 5 ends, I don't believe the writers either have thought of that episode since the beginning or actually believed in the story of that finale.

I think with the proper changes in the character (simple yet specific changes), Starlight would have been a great character that would have enhanced the show. Hopefully the G5 writers will make it better with Misty, for a couple of reasons:

1. Misty was properly introduced in G5 in a way that Starlight in season 5 wasn't. The writers took their time to develop her. It wasn't 2 episodes with minimal presence.

2. Her motivations and conflicts are simplier and more defined than Starlight's. There's no equivalent of "my bets friends moved away".

3. Unlike Starlight, Misty doesn't have power and she is more vulnerable. The more vulnerable a character is, the easier is to empathize with her as a viewer.

4. There are stakes which the audience can get behind. After watching the last episode of chapter 2, Misty would have to make a choice: Either still working for Olapaline despite the treatment she gets, move to Maretime Bay or another option.

While I don't watch Tell your Tale, I have high hopes on Make your Mark. I think the chapter 1 was better than chapter 2, but considering the writers made much more work in the beginning than what Josh Haber did in season 5, I have faith in these writers.
No reason given
Edited by Ring Team
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

[@Cosmas-the-Explorer](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5316112#post_5316112)
> [@Ring Team](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5316105#post_5316105)
>
> here's a thought to tickle our brains. I think Starlight in Season 5 was not brought up enough only anticipation for the Season Finale. She could have appeared in multiple episodes building up tension over time in significant ways not just a cameo in an episode. It could have made Starlight a more interesting character.

That would have made her much more interesting. I already talked about it [**here**](/forums/pony/topics/an-alternative-idea-for-starlight-glimmer), but I agree. Considering how season 5 ends, I don't believe the writers either have thought of that episode since the beginning or actually believed in the story of that finale.

I think with the proper changes in the character (simple yet specific changes), Starlight would have been a great character that would have enhanced the show. Hopefully the G5 writers will make it better with Misty, for a couple of reasons:

1. Misty was properly introduced in G5 in a way that Starlight in season 5 didwasn't work. The writers took their time to develop her. It wasn't 2 episodes with minimal presence.

2. Her motivations and conflicts are simplier and more defined than Starlight's. There's no equivalent of "my bets friends moved away".

3. Unlike Starlight, Misty doesn't have power and she is more vulnerable. The more vulnerable a character is, the easier is to empathize with her as a viewer.

4. There are stakes which the audience can get behind. After watching the last episode of chapter 2, Misty would have to make a choice: Either still working for Olapine despite the treatment she gets, move to Maretime Bay or another option.

While I don't watch Tell your Tale, I have high hopes on Make your Mark. I think the chapter 1 was better than chapter 2, but considering the writers made much more work in the beginning than what Josh Haber did in season 5, I have faith in these writers.
No reason given
Edited by Ring Team
Ring Team
Artist -

>

That would have made her much more interesting. I already talked about it [**here**](/forums/pony/topics/an-alternative-idea-for-starlight-glimmer), but I agree. Considering how itseason 5 ends, I don't believe the writers either have thought of that episode since the beginning or actually believed in the story of that finale.

1. Misty was properly introduced in G5 in a way that Starlight in season 5 didn't work. The writers took their time to develop her. It wasn't 2 episodes with minimal presence.

4. There are stakes which the audience can get behind. After watching the last episode of chapter 2, Misty would have to make a choice: Either still working for Olapine despite the treatment she gets, move to Maretime Bay or another option.

No reason given
Edited by Ring Team