MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #C0B3
In G5, Hitch is told that he’s too small to be a sheriff, so he starts taking steroids to bulk up.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qIulz32xJQ  
Netflix has posted on YouTube the first episode of Centaurworld, an animated series about a warhorse from a somber, animesque world who finds herself trapped in an alternate dimension filled with colorful singing creatures that more or less look like centaurs. Coincidentally, said warhorse is voiced by Kimiko Glenn (and Meghan McCarthy is part of the production staff)! I personally think this series iss a good way to get to know more about Kimiko’s voice acting and singing chops! Well, more or less, her character doesn’t sing that well in the first episode but probably will improve later.

Edit: She actually sings good in the first episode (I’m still watching it, I made the mistake of saying she didn’t because the choice of words on TV Tropes made it seem like she didn’t), she just actually needed some warm up. Anyway, it’s a good way to hear how Izzy Moonbow may sound like when singing!
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Shimmering Spectacle  
Nope (although I think many fanarts may come out featuring both series). But, like I said before, it’s a good way to know more about Kimiko’s voice acting and singing chops! I mean, she voice acted in DuckTales 2017, but I don’t recall her character singing there.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
D’ya think G5 will keep to the “adventures book ending seasons and slice of life the rest of the time” formula?
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Vortaxonus  
Hmm… I can definitely see them doing an ongoing build up with the B or C plot throughout the individual episodes of the season. Kinda like Ducktales 2017 did.
Background Pony #077F
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
Jeez, MCarthy finally got the EQG plotline right,that took her what more than 10 years.I’m still fucking angry at how dumb her defense of the inexcusable Equestria Girls shit sandwich of a spinoff she made about how this brainfart was totally like Alice in Wonderland. Yeah,you know because Alice in Wonderland was totally about fantasy characters getting lost in an ordinary everyday world. And you know CentaurWorld or whatever that is establish this plotline EARLY instead of coming totally out of left field after the lore of the show was more or less established as a fairy tale fantasy with horses in a vaguely steampunk level of technology  
Another thing those Centaurworld character look kinda ugly but that seems to be done on purpose for them to look off unlike Equestria Girls who didnt even try to hide that they are Monster High characters with the Mane 6 color wheel haphazardly put on (and in the case of Big Macintosh,they even toned down the shading or else they’ll be accused of mocking Native Americans because no honest thought was put on that shit from day one to their cancellation when the main series ended and that this parasite of a spin off had no series to leech on).Honestly i cant quite put into words how ugly the EQG freakshow look and how flabbergasted a lot of you seems fine with such off putting character design.Faust chara design for the horses does NOT translate well to humanized characters
Background Pony #077F
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
:-(  
I dont like the idea. Hopefully, like the rest of the G4 characters,she is Ancient Equestria history now aka her bones doesnt hurt her anymore,she lived a good life with her friends, got a couple of kids and eventually she took the long sleep
Background Pony #077F
@northern haste  
Yes and no. I mean i DONT want this to happen at all obviously but you know how toxic the atmosphere in pop culture fandom is nowadays thanks to the lingering fetid influence of 4chan “ woke mean broke” discourse. Take a little trip on Twitter (yeah i know, rookie mistake) and take a drink everytime someone complain about Teela haircut making her look like quote unquote “ a feminazi antifa turbo dyke with leftism mental disease”. And unfortunately, poor Zipp got that funny haircut that make channers loose their shit.On the other side of the balance,in my opinions ,the people in charge of those shows are increasingly defensive and insecure about what they put on the plate and are quick to hide their ass by calling anyone who criticize them an incel or a mysoginist everytime someone point out that the redesign of Lola Bunny have some relent of neo puritanism and slut shaming or that your strong gurl character come off as unlikable  
And the problem for our little MLP is that we got our own board on 4chan. Hopefully,the fandom shrunk enough to make this trip a comfy one.It’s sad to say but nowadays, confidential audience means happiness because as the old adage goes “This is why we cant have nice things”  
Now we know “this” meant “fandom” all along
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide