MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #EB72
There will now be 4 kinds of G5 perceivers, those who adore hardcorely with, those who are ok or moderately good with, those who are neutral or maturely dislike it, those who childishly disproves it.

Let’s hope the all kinds can live in peace and harmony… but the last kind need extra mental workout…
Background Pony #EB72
@Dragon-Phoenix  
I’d say I might be either the first or second (likely second, since I am not a die hard fan of anything), but absolutely not the third or fourth group.
Background Pony #11AF
…Of course for those worried, Equestria Daily will not be dropping G4 content for G5. I know a bunch have people have asked that around various social media pages, and we will always cover the mane 6 and friends. We were born out of Friendship is Magic and in the (hopefully) far future will die with it. I still love my G4 horses.

Here’s something for those who were wondering what will happen to EQD.
Background Pony #BE08
Watching the movie.

Argyle is the best dad in the entire MLP franchise.
Background Pony #CB27
@Background Pony #11AF  
Ohhhhh!! Now this is getting more challenging! Changelings used to be antagonistic race with easily out of control instincts back when they were black corrupted goons.
Smitty1991
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

I’m expecting this to be a short-lived flop. Leaks have revealed they’re doubling down on everything that went wrong with G4, and official announcements have made it clear they’re all in on the woke stupidity.

Of course, I can’t see them admitting that since Netflix makes it easy to hide the real performance numbers and they may be able to get them to manipulate the official ratings as well, but they’ll know it’s a flop and presumably abandon G5 in short order.

Combine that with the fact that the discontinuity will help break some rabid fanboys out of their cognitive dissonance and see it for the mess it is, and you have a recipe for a solid crash and burn.

Mark my words, it won’t do nearly as well, and people will be begging to have G4 back. Why? Because there is no way in hell G5 will be given 9 seasons. It’ll get the usual 3 and call it a day. Replicating the runaway early success and influence of G4 is nigh impossible.

But while that’s obviously impossible with the current staff, it is possible to build a future MLP franchise that recaptures G4’s success. The key is artistic integrity, passion, and a dedicated team just like it was for G4 under Faust.
Background Pony #6E1D
@Smitty1991  
For your first forum post in seven years, you sure are cynical. But not as cynical, since your last point is at least positive.
Background Pony #CB27
@Smitty1991  
Ah, if the show decides to continue, Faust-sensei need to teach us all the art of true good writing to make it consistently good.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide