MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #4649
My favorite short so far! What? I’m totally not biased because Hitch is my favorite.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Rainbow Dash is more like American Sonic. (Like his English dub in SA1 or the 90s cartoons)
Zipp is more like Japanese Sonic. (both the games and Sonic X Japanese dub)
American Sonic is more extroverted and upfront.
Japanese Sonic is more reserved and methodical. Also more introverted.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Fanstar
Maybe, but at the very least, I think Sonic is much more reserved then what most people think.
He’s the guy who while he enjoys being with friends in battle andbthe occasional party, he usually likes to be alone.
He is usually reserved and keeps his emotions to himself. He likes his friends but he doesn’t get too close to them. He also uncomfortable with Amy’s very outgoing affection.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
Hitch: Go put back all that stuff you stole!
Animal Friends: (put back all the stuff they stole)
Hitch: Good job. Now you are all under arrest.
Animal Friends: WTF?
Background Pony #457A
Should we be worried?
“The all-new animated series on Netflix is an adorable preschool show starring Sunny Starscout and her friends who teach us how to find our sparkle and make our mark on the world. Magic has finally returned to Equestria thanks to the new Mane 5. It’s a whole new world, filled with new kinds of magic which is exhilarating but also can feel a bit strange. It’s up to Sunny and her friends to make sense of this new world and usher in a new era of pony!”
I don’t think so. This is a book for toddlers. They might think the Netflix series is for toddlers, too. They can’t use words such as ‘dangerous’ so they add ‘a bit strange’. If the Netflix series was supposed to be for toddlers, ANG would be a movie for babies as well. Hasbro sees potential in making stories for all ages to enjoy. They won’t go back to G3, G3.5 days. They also can’t. They can’t keep on pretending only little girls watch MLP. I am not talking about bronies. I am talking about kids of all ages, girls and boys. Hasbro already knows that MLP is way more than a show for little girls.
Background Pony #457A
Besides MLP FIM was also considered an ‘adorable preschool show’. And, oh boy, it sure wasn’t one. Was it made for kids? Heck yeah. Was it made for toddlers? Heck no.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Background Pony #457A
Preschool show? I think the book description is confusing the book’s main demographic for the show’s main demographic.
The movie and show seem more centered around a 6 to 11 year old demographic. That’s what Faust was aiming for in her G4 Show Bible. And I think it’s the same for G5. Preschoolers probably would enjoy it but not understand it as well as elementary schoolers.
Background Pony #457A
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
That’s what I am thinking but some are already jumping to conclusions and a few people are even ‘excited’ because they think the show is going to be like G3.5 to upset bronies. But I doubt Hasbro would want to dumb down their characters like that. I’m not saying preschoolers can’t enjoy My Little Pony: Make Your Mark but I don’t think they would understand it like you said. My little cousin didn’t understand MLP FIM. She didn’t understand the episodes stories or what the characters were talking about. If you asked her anything about the episode in question, she would reply that Twilight was purple or that Big Mac was red. She did enjoy it but she didn’t understand it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide