MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Pipp says that Dragons “haven’t been seen for generations”
So this either means that Dragons as a species are dying out, or the pony tribes have not been in contact with them after splitting up into their own communities
Hopefully it’s the latter
Background Pony #63D4
Just a thought:
Assuming the statue is still around, if Chrysalis, Cozy and Tirek come to g5, who would voice them?
Yeah, I’m aware they won’t come, but it’s fun to think.
Background Pony #4545
If the dragons were extinct, the egg would not have been there. Furthermore, we see that the hatching of the egg had happened after the Mane 5 had completed its adventure that had to do with the earth pony magic. And we know from G4 that the dragons and the ponies have not been close to each other, but the magic of the earth ponies is connected to the earth. And the dragons are likewise closely connected with the earth. It may have been the earth pony magic through Hitch that hatched the egg.
And from what was seen in 1.33, Hitch was surprised that he could talk to animals and understand them. Which suggests that the magic may have completely returned to all earth ponies.
But it raises an important question; why is the magic of the G5 unstable? It seems that the earth ponies, unlike the others, had not been given magical powers, and that emotional fluctuations among the ponies have become much more fatal than in G4. There is obviously a complicated story here about the active magic of the world. When the magic returned, we saw how the horns and wings lit up, but not the hooves of the earth ponies.
And since the hole appeared to be a dimensional portal, it may mean that the idea of ​​a dimension that accommodated the magic of ponies as the unity crystal may have been confirmed. And by jumping down there, Sunny may have taken the first steps toward what it meant to be an alicorn. The rainbow that rose from there may be the magic that was “released” as soon as the corruption had stopped.
The balance is restored - but the point of this is that Sunny and her friends have just started, and that the situation around magic is not rosy. It is possible that the magic will eventually stabilize through the G5, while Sunny learns what an alicorn is, and how the ponies adapt to a new reality.
I do not think we will see antagonists here, either. But there may be important hints that do not appear in the trailer. The Mane 5 has only just seen the surface of the unity crystal, and they have learned that there are much greater depths. It’s a sequel to the movie on the exact same track. We will possibly see the antagonists in the 3D series and maybe the IDW comics.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Saw the trailer and it looked good. Animation is about video game cutscene level but not bad since I’m imagining it’s at a lower budget than the main movie. Can’t wait for when it comes literally the day before my birthday
Background Pony #6006
I like that I was right about Sunny being able to turn her wings and horn on and off. Her Alicorn State.
Background Pony #6006
I like that I was right about Sunny being able to turn her wings and horn on and off. Her Alicorn State.
But then again I wasn’t the only one who thought of that. So hooray for all the people who were right all along.
Background Pony #6006
Is it just me or Sunny’s voice in the special sounds different from Tell Your Tale?
Former Trini-Mite
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

”Months after magic has returned to Equestria, Sunny Starscout and her new pony friends are excited to celebrate their new lives on Maretime Bay Day! But while their group may have adjusted to magic’s return, plenty of Unicorns and Pegasi are still having trouble mastering their powers, frustrating the non-magical Earth Ponies who wish to return to how things were before.
”This division worries Zipp, who notices that the Unity Crystals have begun glitching, disrupting magic for everyone. Zipp begins investigating, discovering the glitches seem to be happening more and more, their chaos further dividing the ponies of Maretime Bay. She tries to convince her friends that the Unity Crystals are acting strange, but they think she’s worrying over nothing and DON’T believe her.
”That is, until they witness a Pegasus falling out of the sky onto an Earth Pony themselves. This spurs outrage from the Earth Ponies, who threaten to boycott Maretime Bay Day if the town isn’t made a magic-free zone. Now on her side, Zipp explains to her friends her discovery that magic is glitching when ponies aren’t treating each other with kindness. Their mission now is to throw such an amazing Bay Day that everypony comes together in harmony to stabilize magic again.
”But as the Earth Ponies air their frustrations with the inclusion of Pegasi and Unicorns in a holiday they see as their own, the glitches escalate, bringing about a massive magical storm that threatens to swallow the town. In the end, it’s only the power of Sunny and her friends working together that saves the day.
”As magic stabilizes, the Earth Ponies discover they now too have powers! Feeling included and having seen the error of their ways, they apologize and come together with the Unicorns and Pegasi in harmony to celebrate the rest of Maretime Bay Day together.”
Background Pony #4545
But then again I wasn’t the only one who thought of that. So hooray for all the people who were right all along.
Most wanted Sunny to just be a temporary alicorn when needed. She can “pony up” if she wants to, but the trailer shows that her “alicorn state” is linked to the unity crystal that had reacted to the growing dissatisfaction among the earth ponies. Although she is not yet a “real” alicorn, she has already come a long way. For the alicorns are the shepherds of the ponychild.
So it is possible that if Sunny is attached to the unity crystal, it is possible that only she can use the crystal even though she does not know yet, and may be able to go into the mysterious dimension that the trailer has revealed, and return from there. Even when the unity crystal went bonkers, Sunnt retained her alicorn powers. So the unity crystal is a key and a door - and Sunny is the guardian.
The earth ponies want similarity to the others, and had become dissatisfied when they saw how the pegasi and the unicorns got the benefits of magic in contrast to them. Now they just have to learn how to control their strength, how to make plants grow, how to manipulate the earth elements (Pie sisters show it) - we have not seen the potential in the earth pony magic in G4, although Pinkie and Maud revealed that these are great depths in it.
Background Pony #4545
”Months after magic has returned to Equestria, Sunny Starscout and her new pony friends are excited to celebrate their new lives on Maretime Bay Day! But while their group may have adjusted to magic’s return, plenty of Unicorns and Pegasi are still having trouble mastering their powers, frustrating the non-magical Earth Ponies who wish to return to how things were before.
”This division worries Zipp, who notices that the Unity Crystals have begun glitching, disrupting magic for everyone. Zipp begins investigating, discovering the glitches seem to be happening more and more, their chaos further dividing the ponies of Maretime Bay. She tries to convince her friends that the Unity Crystals are acting strange, but they think she’s worrying over nothing and DON’T believe her.
”That is, until they witness a Pegasus falling out of the sky onto an Earth Pony themselves. This spurs outrage from the Earth Ponies, who threaten to boycott Maretime Bay Day if the town isn’t made a magic-free zone. Now on her side, Zipp explains to her friends her discovery that magic is glitching when ponies aren’t treating each other with kindness. Their mission now is to throw such an amazing Bay Day that everypony comes together in harmony to stabilize magic again.
”But as the Earth Ponies air their frustrations with the inclusion of Pegasi and Unicorns in a holiday they see as their own, the glitches escalate, bringing about a massive magical storm that threatens to swallow the town. In the end, it’s only the power of Sunny and her friends working together that saves the day.
”As magic stabilizes, the Earth Ponies discover they now too have powers! Feeling included and having seen the error of their ways, they apologize and come together with the Unicorns and Pegasi in harmony to celebrate the rest of Maretime Bay Day together.”
@Former Trini-Mite
This is a big spoiler territory.
“Big spoiler territory” - this must be judged as this year’s understatement.
So it’s exactly as I had described, but it was not a storm, it was a kind of portal - a dimensional portal - that had opened up and “activated” the magic of the earth ponies. It was not the lack of kindness that triggered the crisis, for some reason the magic of the earth ponies was not returned in the movie, so they quickly came in the shadow of the pegasi and the unicorns. When the earth ponies were “caught”, it was with corrupt earth pony magic. Sunny had to straighten this out while her friends helped.
Zipp was very observant, but her warnings came on deaf ears as the Mane 5 knows almost nothing about the Unity Crystals, and thus does not know if glitches were natural or not.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial

Is Izzy Moonbow’s horn actually glowing here or the roses are being manipulated by somepony else’s magic? The image is too bright, I can’t see it properly.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide