MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #0AD1
What percentage of a chance do you give G5 to be as good or popular as G4?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Unlikely. AFAIK FIM never really got lower ratings as the seasons went on but the hype certainly cooled off as the years went by.
There’s a few reasons likely why, but the one of the biggest is that the 2010s was an animation renaissance. FIM helped kick that resurgence off, sure, but nowadays MLP is no longer a diamond in the rough, and since you have actual options for quality cartoons G5 can be seen as just “another” enjoyable watch.
Background Pony #DAC6
@Shimmering Spectacle
Think about it. Misty has a voice-actress who happens to be Bahia Watson and she didn’t voice anyone in MYM. But we know she will voice Misty in some way. That blueish unicorn didn’t say a word in MYM therefore Bahia Watson didn’t have to voice her. But guess what that very same unicorn will appear in the series and Bahia will do voice-acting for the series as well.
It is too much of a coincidence.
Background Pony #DAC6
All Mane Five have fur of the same color as the Mane Six with exception of Rainbow Dash.
Opaline’s minion is blue. Not all blue but she is mostly blue. She is probably the missing blue main character.
Background Pony #DAC6
And before people say we don’t need a sixth member, remember that they didn’t add a sixth main character because they didn’t have enough time with the movie to add one more. For the series it is different.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Opaline debuted 3 months ago and currently has 109 images. Her name was revealed 5 days ago and in that time has had 30 images.
Once again I find that an amusing ratio.
harasha456
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I'm Inevitable
If we’re to discover who Opaline is we should start with who and what she isn’t ie she’s not a previous character. She’s absolutely not a corrupted character because whenever we see a character corrupted by magic their eyes look crazy but her eyes are decidedly normal. We also observe that as alicorns age they don’t tend to change their appearance so that rules out Twilight and Flurry since she doesn’t look anything like either of them.
Now then let’s move onto the aesop she likely represents since the show is still doing that and we can start that by showing what aesop she doesn’t represent. She in all likelyhood won’t be about separating the three tribes again since she knows about how magic has returned. So what’s the next logical progression from that well supremacy of a single tribe over another. In all likelihood she believes in strict tribal hierarchy which places alicorns on top and unicorns directly below and what culture tends to produce that kind of supremacist worldview? Canterlot. The question of her being a direct student of twilight is a bit harder to answer since it all hinges on how alicorn immortality works. Previous lore implies that alicorns are only immortal as long as magic flows through them so in all likelyhood she’s not directly connected to Twilight’s age.
She’s also pretty arrogant the phrasing of taking “what’s rightfully mine” comes across as pretty egotistical. In fact she seems to come across a lot to me as a steward of gondor heir to twilight’s throne ie she sits on twilight’s throne but doesn’t understand the inner logic of why the throne exists so she fills it with Canterlot esq bullshit in her own mind.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
And then I get to regret poking fun at the sesquipedalian older pone names cause now I have to either mess with previously generic disambiguation tags or else have “(g5)” on everyponies tag name (bleh)
Background Pony #0AD1
I’d love it if Sprout returned and became Sunny’s arch-enemy, like Seinfeld and Newman, or Kyle and Cartman.
Sprout LOVES the fact that Sunny dislikes him, and knows just how to get under Sunny’s skin.
Background Pony #26F9
The rumor is that David Zaslav is in talks to buy Hasbro, so this series will likely be cancelled soon. 😢
Unlikely, there will be massive protests, and besides, this idiot has tried to cut a $3 billion loss and actually enlarged it to $40 billion! If Warner doesn’t get rid of him, things are going to get worse for them, as the trust that was important between the investors and the animators for the production of cartoons has been broken in one of the worst cases in a very long time.
MLP is too big, and Hasbro knows it, which has bet very heavily on G5 on a scale that has not been seen early around G4.
Wrong, meant $20 billion. But Zaslav has created a mess that has now become serious for Warner, as he had obviously not realized the consequences of his attempts to cut costs. So it is not certain whether he will survive as there is a strong demand for children’s entertainment online.
Agreed.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
You know, despite “My bananas!” becoming a national meme none of the recordings or remixes ever has Sunny say that. It’s just the shout.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

House of the Arcana
@Dragonpone
Ah, right on cue, I know I should visit that thread but I don’t like the fact that every g5 character tag has to be put as “(g5)”. I get it, there’s a robot Jazz in transformers and Posey Bloom is an incarnation of Posey. But here’s the thing, what sets any pony apart are 4 things and they are not combined criteria: Colours, Hairstyle, Cutie Mark and Body type. One of these criteria are enough to set them apart and be given a new Name to identify them. And if they have a full name possible from whatever source and regardless of whether the show ever says it. It’s their full name and their fifth identification. I don’t see Pinkie Pie being called Pinkie G4 or Rarity even though she had a surname and a previous incarnation being Rarity G4, and Posey and Jazz had full names to completely dissociate and identify themselves, so why ain’t it their main name tags. On a minor note, I’m hoping Opaline and Misty gets their surname too.
@Dustcan
Would it be a matter of time that either:
A) It becomes their Rickrolling
B) Pipp makes her own and called it Pipprolling
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide