MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@hironakamura
I don’t want to drag this toouch on.
But I can’t help but think Hasbro mandated it be part of the same universe.
It seems like the writers want to make their own thing and they have to accomadate it to G4.
That’s just a theory that might not be true though.
Background Pony #DAC6
But they are brave for deciding to continue with the same universe instead of doing a reboot for almost every generation like Transformers or TMNT.
Background Pony #DAC6
Some people are acting like G5 is trying be like G4. They don’t have proof but still think G5 is grabbing G4’s success. Just because ”Twilight” appeared doesn’t mean they want to grab it. It is a sequel after all. What did they expect again? That there would never ever have some connection between generations? This is just silly to say the least. You can’t just act like you are the boss of the franchise. Deciding what the staff should or not do. You wanted no connections? Good for you. You are allowed to think that but sad to say the world doesn’t always work in our favor.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
That’s not just a theory. Its a practical business practice. G4 made them money. Hasbro doesn’t want to take risks and make a new one so they extend G4 to G5.
This isn’t anything new. This is why everything is being rebooted or remade and no one is making any new intellectual properties. No one wants to take risks anymore. One of the reasons why G4 is so great is because some lady 10 years ago took a great risk of turning a toy commercial for little girls into a an animated piece like Dexter’s Lab or Power Puff Girls. She didn’t need to ride the coat tail of anything.
Not saying its bad. I’m just stating an observation. For example, us 80’s kids had Back to the Future trilogy. What’s this current generation’s version of Back to the Future that they’re gonna geek out 30-40 years from now? Nothing. Because all they get are remakes and reboots of stuff that came from the 80’s and 90’s. 2010 kids got G4. 2020 kids? They got nothing.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@hironakamura
That’s a very negative observation, and just because they’re lifting a lot of elements from the previous generation doesn’t mean that it’s what all G5 is going to be, it should be a very obvious conclusion by now.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Mr.Myoozik
Of course its not what all G5 can be. But seeing as they’re hyping the trailer with a CG Twilight, its clear what direction Hasbro wants for G5. They don’t have faith that G5 can stand on its own so they use G4 elements to build hype for it.
Note that the main audience of G5 are children who were probably too young to remember early G4. So why put G4 elements in there to begin with? Hasbro doesn’t want to lose the old bronybase. Hasbro doesn’t believe G5 will resonate with the bronies.
Its sad because the ANG movie had proven that the G5 ponies are very complex characters that deliver themselves with sincerity. Its like they were living, breathing people who had aspirations in life. Based on the first MyM special, its clear Hasbro doesn’t want that sincerity anymore. Very disappointing because even if they can’t remake the graphics, they can get away with it using great story telling. Just watch Beast Wars and its PS1 graphics. Its been done.
Background Pony #808E
I’d love to see Sunny and Alphabittle form a friendship because they’re both highly competitive.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

We’ve known that G5 takes place in G4’s future since before A New Generation premiered.
A New Generation contains references to G4.
One of the questions hanging over G5 is how we got from the end of G4 to the start of G5.
Bronies whenever something from G4 shows up in G5:
t
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@DerpyFast
It’s not the fact that G4 references show up, it’s that people have issue with G4 characters like Discord abd (maybe) Twilight showing up in the present abd taking focus away from the G5 cast.
@Mr.Myoozik
I don’t even see why they’d compare a literal baby to Spike other then “dragon sidekick”. It feels silly
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Background Pony #808E
I would love that especially since Sunny is known as a nice girl.
It would be fun to see her competitive side. Backgammon? Spades? Yahtzee? Who knows what they may compete on?
They could make fun mini games if there ever was another video game.
Wiimeiser
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Background Pony #C1B1
“Moon” simply means “We’re too lazy to use a proper time system. Also, we don’t have to care because aging cartoon characters must happen magically on screen or by a non-canon flash forward anyway.”
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@hironakamura
You do realize that one big element from G4 doesn’t mean it’s what ALL of the Make Your Mark is going to be right, cause it sure sounds like that’s what you’re making it out to be.
Also, the actual series still hasn’t premiered yet so it’s early to tell “how much faith Hasbro has in this new generation”
@DerpyFast
Sad but true
@Background Pony #C1B1
I assume this means a full moon which happens once every month so that’s what I’m gonna go by
Background Pony #C1B1
Netflix has released a preview for the “All You Need Is Your Beat” song.
This is one of those cases where I think the song is a little bit weaker with context and scenes added to it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide