MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Here’s where I risk coming off as a presumptuous snob. I want to make it clear that I don’t make assumptions about people’s intelligence of maturity level based on which pony is their favorite. This has more to do with the target audience and the people watching with them.
I do think that some of The Mane Five are more complex than others. It’s ultimately a kid’s show, but I think some characters have more to offer for older audiences. For example, Izzy is kind of silly and does crafts, but she also has a quiet wisdom, like in All That Jazz.
And then there’s Zipp. She has the widest emotional range. She stands to lose the most if the crystals fail. Her ongoing story is about repairing her relationship with her mother and sister. She’s a smart introvert without being pigeonholed into “the nerd” or “the shy one”. Then you get into spicy stuff like unconscious desires; she’s rebellious, but deep down she just wants approval.
Zipp goes hard as a character.
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

What does everyone think of Sparky so far?
Warning: Honest opinion
I don’t have much of an opinion on him but…
His colour combination is really nice! I really like it, looks sweet! But his design could be a little better
The horns are great on him! But elf ears on a dragon is kinda strange, most dragons I can name that have visible ears have flap-like ears that barely even look like ears. Turn the ears into flaps (like Spike had for example. Or like Toothless from HTTYD) or make them horns. Plus make the top of the wings green like the rest of his body. It really looks weird when dragon wings are exactly the same on both sides but the rest of the body is a complete different colour. I think he would look very cute.
Anyway. It will be interesting to see him grow as a character
Background Pony #563E
Not a fan. At this point, his role is like Flurry Heart; look/act cute and cause (supposedly) adorable mischief for our cast. Unfortunately, unlike Flurry, he’s also a plot device so the writers won’t phase him into the background and I’m forced to see him often on my screen.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
So did Misty just make a fully functional haunted house complete with traps and a surveillance system in the span of what appears to be just a few minutes?
Also this episode def seems to be leaning more into the gross-out humour it seems (Posey saying pasta makes her gassy, Opalin’s garlic breath, and SParky’s magic farts)
Background Pony #369F
I also noticed Misty has a cutie mark, despite her pretending she doesn’t have it.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Today’s episode was a lot of fun. I like how Pipp, of all ponies, is the one who loves a good scare. The ending where Misty was forced to keep running the haunted house made me laugh out loud.
I also want to mention that I am an adult who likes sophisticated things. This single fart joke has completely ruined my enjoyment of a show aimed at children.
@The Crystal Artist
He’s fine. His TYT design is better than his MYM design. One of the things I praise G5 for is how the characters evolved beyond what was set up in the premier. Daddy Hitch is a great direction to take Hitch’s character. It’s also nice that characters other The Twilight get to have a personal connection to important plot elements.
Shimmering Spectacle
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

sTs trinity

sign I can’t believe we’re still talking about sparky farting, it’s just a coincidence that sparky was farting out a fireball to get out of the room, that misty trapped him in.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Today’s episode was a lot of fun. I like how Pipp, of all ponies, is the one who loves a good scare. The ending where Misty was forced to keep running the haunted house made me laugh out loud.
Makes sense when as an influencer she’s always on the search for content.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide