MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

My ratings of each character I can name from the top of my head:
Sunny 2.5/5
Zipp 5/5
Pipp 4/5
Hitch 3/5
Izzy 4/5
Queen Haven 5/5
Cloudpuff 3/5
Zoom 3/5
Thunder 3/5
Alphabittle 3/5
Onyx 3.5/5
Argyle 4/5
Phyliss 3/5
Sprout 3.5/5
Jazz 4/5
Rocky 4/5
Misty 3.5/5
Opaline 3/5
Sparky 1.5/5
Dahlia 4/5
Rufus 0/5
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Badge Dragon
@The Crystal Artist
Interesting.
Though I’ve not kept secret that I think Sunny is pretty boring post-movie, I would not put her on the same level as Sparky, who actively makes episodes less enjoyable to watch.
Posted Report
Andyxdr
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Glowin' up!
@The Crystal Artist
You don’t have a problem with anyone liking the characters you personally have low ratings for, right? I don’t like it when people have a “you must hate what I hate” mentality. Sorry if I sounded rough. I’m just asking. By the way, thanks for giving Pipp a 4/5. 😊😍
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Andyxdr
I give every character at least a 3/5. That includes Sparky because he’s overhated as heck from people taking his obvious comic relief way too seriously and characters like Phyllis because I’ve always enjoyed not liking them as the writers intend. Rufus being at 0/5 is absolute blasphemy. He’s awesome because he’s such an uncle.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

@Andyxdr
I don’t really care if characters hate characters I like, or like characters I hate. It makes it more interesting, and if I really don’t like the character, it’s better to just focus on ones I like
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

If we were to count the TYT versions of the characters as separate characters they’d be mostly the same. Except for Jazz. TYT Jazz would have a 1/5 and MYM Jazz would have a 4/5
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@CORDZ2000
For some reason, Sparky, Opaline and Misty are still absent. At least from the cover. Maybe Hitch really found an excellent dragonsitter or something. Because Cloudpuff has effectively replaced him in the comics. That one aside, I think it’s too early for them to deal with another villain when Opaline is still looming over them.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

The thought occurs. Hitch goes to visit his grandmare for Wishday, and he shows up with four mares. I wonder if she’s going to tease him about finding a girlfriend.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The trailer says Figgy thinks seeing the Mane 5 is “a treat” even though she knows Hitch is already coming, and another shot shows all 5 of them having a laugh at Hitch’s expense, so it’s not impossible.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I’m glad that Ellen-Ray Hennessey is still involved with MLP and voicing Hitch’s grandma. I met her in a convention earlier this year and she was one of the coolest old ladies I have ever met, even got a chance to hug her for a minute and a half. Can’t wait for her to do great with this role.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Andyxdr
Yeah, I loved every minute of it, she even let me take a picture holding her plushie of the hippie changeling she played in one of the episodes. <3
Posted Report
Background Pony #E52B
I kind-of hope we’ll get to see high society ponies in Zephyre Heights like the Canterlot ponies.
Posted Report
Background Pony #545C
In my opinion… Jazz was more interesting before she came a consisntant side pony. Jazz and Rocky really seemed like a duo that would pop-in from time to time to have their moments. Now they don’t feel like a duo as much anymore
It’s all Jazz this, Jazz that and Pipp and Jazz!
Posted Report
Background Pony #C50E
@Andyxdr
They might’ve giving their immortality to twilight, and probably offered much of their magic to her as well.
Twilight will never accept the death of others, she does not have the right mentality for this - especially not her mentor Celestia, so she will never take the magic from the royal siblings. As a fully grown alicorn, she will likely have understood the internal magic of an alicorn, and thus know what the consequences would be.
Opaline had said that an alicorn is immortal, meaning they cannot die. Then there is only one alternative for the immortals who had their lives extended through magic, ascension from the world of mortals. This is not unknown from Greek and ancient mythology, namely that mortals who gain immortality can join the gods who live separately from the mortal world. And the alicorns are more divine than other creatures - because they are magical beings created in the image of the Ponykind and with a direct link to the very essence of magic. I believe the alicorns’ existence is a result of the ponies’ collective magic and will.
It is likely that the alicorns will ascend and disappear for good when the magic within them demands it, as it has been seen that they did not stop aging and it is known that age is erratic for them, Twilight was once transformed into a filly was she was sick and Luna was able to change her age as seen at the beginning of G4. Celestia and Luna can ascend, possibly transferring their magic to the Sun and Moon who can thus move around the planet unassisted.
It is possible that Twilight may have been trapped in an unknown prison as the limbo when she sealed the magic, this cannot happen with impunity, Fluffy may still be alive in the Crystal Empire whose fate is not known - and Cadence may have gone after Celestia and Luna to the elsewhere, never to return. Opaline has not said anything about the fate of the other alicorns but she pretended to believe that Sunny is the only one who can pose a threat to her.
Discord is heading towards his endgame in IDW #10, Fluttershy’s message may mean that he will follow her in the end, seeing that the Mane 5 can live up to the legacy of the Mane 6 and give him hope for the future. So I don’t think he will play a role in G5. Spike may have become the overlord of the dragons - he is the actual overlord of all the dragons in G4 - and may appear in the future when the Mane 5/New Mane 6 find the dragons’ home.
All indications are that Twilight will appear in G5, but maybe only very few times, the most important will be when Sunny ascends to become a complete alicorn towards the end of G5. Twilight will be there to welcome her to the alicornhood. It could be her endgame.
Posted Report
Background Pony #C50E
It’s refreshing, the G5 is getting boring for the viewers who have so far seen much less danger and life-threatening situations in the G5 than in the entire first episode of the G4. It looks more like a monster than a villain, and this is very encouraging - because not a single monster has been seen so far in the G5.
No one here has asked the question why there are no monsters in the G5, when these were part of the wildlife and background in the G4. The ponies had trained monsters for more peaceful pursuits, these have disappeared as well. Domestic animals such as cows, pigs, sheep and chickens - even the intelligent ones - have not been seen in the G5 either. Where are they? The ponies need wool, milk and eggs in the G5 as in the G4.
The first season of the G5 is half way over, and it has proved anemic in comparison to the first season of the G4. So far we have seen far too little outside the three localities - and very little of the wildlife beyond the critters and the ponies.
C3 is not going to offer us surprises and much new, so we can only hope that C4 will show us the sea ponies as hinted by the official G5 map for season 1, a sea pony was depicted in this map.
Posted Report
Background Pony #9F47
What if Sprout is STILL convinced that becoming the sheriff is his destiny?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide