MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #B2F1
Opaline was likely chained for several centuries since Twilight took her magic away, and banished to a castle probably in the Mysterious South, a region outside of “Equestria proper” even though Equestria politically included most of the continent.
Don’t think it’s a coincidence that the first arc of the IDW comics came out at the tenth anniversary, because there is a map that can show where the dark castle is located. We have seen that the castle is no more than a castle tower with a moated bridge that had served as a border fort, overlooking a valley with a lake and a large river. It is possible that Opaline’s castle is Kelpie Keep and that the valley is Froud Valley.
As Opaline had acquired a parasitic magical nature as she can steal cutie marks and magic from others, Twilight had chosen to strip her of her magic and sealed away her alicorn powers - Sunny has shown that pony magic and alicorn magic are not the same - but she could having sent her to Tartarus. Instead, she gave Opaline the same punishment as Chrysalis, permanent house arrest. She may have chosen Kelpie Keep because it was the farthest from the nearest pony settlements, yet not too far from the equestrian authorities.
With the magic gone there was nothing to hold back Opaline who was free to leave the castle. But only to find an even bigger prison; she was without magic, was nothing more than an overgrown “freak” of a pony as the memory of the alicorns was gone, and it’s possible that no one took her seriously. She found herself in an unknown world. It is possible that the first queen of Zephyr Heights rejected Opaline, who discovered that unicorns had become anarchists, and then that the earth ponies had become distrustful and fearful of strangers.
So she sat down and waited, made her prison her home. But I don’t think she was alone, she may have gained followers over time and then created her own kingdom. She may have found the orphaned filly and adopted her as part of her employment as ruler, but strongly doubts her realm is in good order, as observed on Misty herself, as Opaline pretended not to trust others.
Posted Report
Shimmering Spectacle
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

sTs trinity
i just thought of something: what if opaline is the reason why other species had vanished without any trace of them, including the dragons if she was using them to gain more power?
Posted Report
Background Pony #B2F1
i just thought of something: what if opaline is the reason why other species had vanished without any trace of them, including the dragons if she was using them to gain more power?
There are two puzzles, applicable; the first is where all the monsters from G4 are, we know these were common in Equestria and were created by Grogar - and the first is where all the non ponies are. It is possible that these two riddles are one and the same; and that it happened when Equestria collapsed.
We don’t know why the dragons are gone, Sparky is proof that they still exist. They may have been evacuated out of Equestria which may have been quarantined by Spike. They were last seen a few generations earlier according to Zipp, probably just after the magic disappeared. We don’t know why non-triotribe ponies like sea ponies and crystal ponies are gone, they may have fled and may have also done the same as Spike. We don’t know why the kirins and changelings have disappeared, but they can manage in a world without active magic as internal magic will work, like the nirik magic in the kirins and the emotion sucking in the changelings.
Then there is only one logical answer to this; Equestria was quarantined, but it’s also possible that we simply didn’t see non-ponies because the G5 writers were lazy. We have only seen three specific locations in Equestria, and C3 has shown that the makers are struggling to present the world in 3D, maybe it should be in 2D?
But we will find out, the map for C2 has revealed that we WILL discover sea ponies in the first season, likely in C4. Sunny and her friends can find out if Equestria was quarantined by interrogating the sea ponies.
And the many rumors about the G5 world that had been aired before the movie are interesting - one of these is that an early villain will become a member of the new Mane 6 - and that has been confirmed with Misty. Some of the rumors are that Equestria has been split into different realms from high-tech changelings to karate-obsessed kirins. Someone makes these cell phones in the G5, it will be impressive if it is the changelings.
Opaline was stripped of her magic centuries early, and there is nothing connecting her to Equestria’s collapse that hasn’t been mentioned in C2. Sunny, on the other hand, thought the tribes split up after Twilight took their magic, we know a little better. Argyle and Sunny were not very open about what happened to the non-ponies, even though much of the collection in the movie came from exactly these non-ponies. Hologram-Twilight didn’t accuse Opaline of being anything but a magic thief and usurper.
Posted Report
Background Pony #B2F1
@Background Pony #B2F1
makes me wonder if misty was told about the non pony species’ disappearance by opaline, of why they’re gone and everything.
Interesting… but this question was never asked. The G5 writers deliberately failed to give any hint of what had happened to them until now, and it was only when C2 was coming out that we got a small hint in the map showing a sea pony outside Maretime Bay. Everything indicates that the Mane 5 will find the sea ponies out at sea, and that it may happen in C4. For Sunny, this will be very interesting, as there will be new lore to discover. And the sea ponies can provide important hints about what had happened.
Actually, it is possible that the ponies simply forgot them, the last to observe them may have been the pegasi as pointed out by Zipp, as when they forgot the alicorns. The book in C3 showed that quite a lot had been mixed up when the ponies were to document their history and mythology after Equestria’s collapse. Presumably the ponies were left to their own devices in the beginning, the book came with a “can’t remember” hint… before they split up.
Misty didn’t ask Opaline simply because she doesn’t think about it, and Sunny also looked to make the same mistake, probably Argyle was the only one concerned with the matter of the non-ponies.
Posted Report
Background Pony #87C6
I can see that. Specially with the dragons.
Posted Report
Background Pony #B2F1
@Shimmering Spectacle
In the concept art map of maretime bay (which is still used as a generic map in the bg of mym), it has a church on the map pretty clearly
The concept map was made when the movie was still in its first version when the pony tribes were at war with each other with a more violent background, and was meant to be several thousand years after the end of G4. The map has been changed - and no church buildings have been seen in G5. No scenery photos of Maretime Bay have shown church spires. It is possible that the G5 authors were asked not to show religion, we have also seen something of the same in G4. Perhaps the idea of the churches was the same as these rainbow rays rising into the atmosphere, that this should preserve the memory of the Mane 6 and Harmony in these turbulent times.
With the new variant that G5 sprung from, there is no need for churches, by arranging it so that the ponies actually forget, the writers had reduced the keeping of the memory of the “guardians of harmony” to a few, like Argyle and Sunny. But some of this shone through in the marking of the Wishing Day as seen with the concert in Zephyr Heights, when Twilight Sparkle’s symbols are displayed, and a belief had taken hold about the three crystals falling from a shooting star.
Opaline wants to be worshiped as a god, convinced that magic is the domain of the alicorns, so it is possible that religion may be seen in future G5 episodes. But Celestia refused, and Twilight did the same, to be considered deities by the ponies. Even we have seen in a G5 episode that the ponies have an instinct that makes them very submissive in the face of actual alicorns, possibly because they are herd animals that seek protection from the strongest among them, as seen with Alphabittle and the unicorns.
Sunny will never accept being worshiped as a god even after the truth of how powerful alicorns are will be known among the ponies. Opaline will likely explain that alicorns are destined to rule over the Ponykind, while Sunny must defend her wishes not to rule as an alicorn or become more than a “normal” pony. So religion will show up as no more than ripples on the surface of the G5.
Posted Report
Background Pony #332E
Headcanon: Hitch’s middle name is Garrett. After Sheriff Pat Garrett, the man who shot Billy the Kid.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Welp, I’ve finally watched Winter Whisday.
It’s much better than chapter 2 because, instead of 8 episodes, it’s one big focused episode. It’s very colorful and the story is cute. While it’s not perfect (I wish the episode was funnier), I prefer Make your Mark to have this approach.
I do kinda wonder what Misty has been doing in the meantime. I wouldn’t say that as a complaint because we kinda know who she is for chapter 2, but I’d like to see her in either chapter 4 or when there are gonna be stakes.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Dustcan
I would prefer the original ending where she sighs in sadness at the castle but that would contrast and make no sense with the TYT episode wouldn’t it? Despite the contradictions already happening.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide