MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #13BA
Alright, I have a bit of a hot take: The past 3 chapters of MYM really haven’t delivered and feels very lacking.
If only they released more episodes rather than 8 per chapter, it’s not enough to explain most of going on. Also, releasing them all at once really kills the hype and speculation time.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@Background Pony #13BA
Yeah the release schedule is annoying. Ch 1 we dont talk ab for obv reasons, ch 2 was a good start with some highlights and low points, ch 3 was just a christmas special so nothing to talk ab there. from what we see of leaked merch, ch 4 is gonna be really intense
Posted Report
Background Pony #13BA
@LoreJuniper
Yeah, hopefully they step up their game here. There really hasn’t been much action since ANG. My other big problem with MYM is the release date per chapter. They’re so far apart. Makes me lose patience more easily than G4’s schedule. We only got three short chapters this year.
Posted Report
Background Pony #20D4
@LoreJuniper
Why am I not allowed to have an opinion? Show’s have worldviews inherent in them. The worldview of Star Trek is that humanity has amazing potential. If we stop fighting amongst ourselves and work as one, we can accomplish incredible things. That was what Gene Roddenberry thought and it shows up in his work.
Similarly, the people who make G5 believe that life is bleak and horrible and that humanity is doomed. And they are spreading that message to our kids. Their failure to get therapy is hurting future generations. There’s enough of the message that we’re doomed out there. It might be true, but I tell you sincerely that it only will be true if enough of us accept it. I refuse to! Life gives us no guarantees, but I am going to keep fighting for a better world no matter what!!!
G5 says that you’d have to be an idiot to care about life, because it’s all hopeless anyway. “If even Twilight Sparkle couldn’t prevent her world from being utterly destroyed and everything she ever fought for being rendered meaningless, then you’re even more of a helpless little worm. Give up on life, maggot. Spend your time reading about how awful things are so that you’re properly depressed, like we want you to be.”
Star Trek gave us cell phones, video calls, VR technology and lots of other amazing things. People were so impressed by the fiction in that show and the hopeful world that it presented that it was reflected in reality. G5 will bring nothing but doomerism.
Posted Report
Background Pony #13BA
@LoreJuniper
Just ignore him. This thread had other peeps like him and they’ve come and go. Unless people instigate for one to keep on going.
Posted Report
Background Pony #20D4
@LoreJuniper
Are you denying that people’s wordviews show up in works of fiction that they write? Are you going to pretend that the G5 movie had no commentary about racism or anything else in the real world? Of course it did. The problem is that it told kids “Don’t worry, the racists will win, so you’re really wasting your time by making friends with people who are different than you.” That’s a bad message!
Posted Report
Background Pony #20D4
I wonder how the cast of FiM feel about their characters’ untimely demise. I know Sweetie Belle’s voice actress reacted to the movie trailer when it came out. She looked so sad. At one point, one of the people asked if Sweetie Belle or any of the other character might show up or if they’re just dead… You could see her holding back tears. 😞
By the way, the IDW comics show Baby Cheese is still a kid when all the magic is taken away and when Equestria turns racist. It happened almost immediately after The Last Problem. What a slap in the face.
My point is that the concept of the show is an insult. You know that many of the actors probably legitimately cried after they found out what happened to their characters, right? They’re not all getting as much work as Tara Strong, some of them were hoping for the possibility of their characters to return, because it will always be the main thing they’re known for. Do you think it’s fair to take work away from them for the rest of their lives? It could’ve been like Fuller House, where the actors moved on with their lives for several years, then eventually came back and we got to see them all older. Now that can never happen. That’s important!
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@LoreJuniper
Chapter One was pretty mediocre, but Zipp did have some good moments. I’m not gonna lie, as far as stakes go, the prospect of Zipp never getting to fly again gripped me more than a lot of the season premiers and finales in G4.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@Background Pony #20D4
Now youre just making up stuff dude. Literally none of that happened.
Also youre blaming the people who make the show for the vas jobs…? What loony logic is that man. Its not like the vas are starving and if they dont get this pony job playing the same role theyll die lmao
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

I really adore Zipp! I feel we got a bit in common. We don’t really see makeovers as anything amazing, don’t have interest in any make up. Except that I’ll maybe have nail polish and wear a necklace and bracelet I like.
I even made a tiny Zipp out of that soft clay that doesn’t dry out
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #13BA
Twilight did. But that aside.
@Background Pony #13BA
This one might count as a retcon but flight is now a magical thing than a physical thing. Also the ponies might’ve evolved to be different than their ancestors. Such as no longer being able to cloudwalk. That I can chalk it to the other two magics being nerfed and buffing up Earth pony magic.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Hmm do you think we will have the m5 + misty connect to the elements? I doubt they would get 1 to 1 elements compared to the m6, but I’ve been brainstorming what elements misty could be
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide