MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #B2F1
@Background Pony #332E
with how queen haven is a pretty well known one nowadays, I think opaline already knows and likely doesn’t care
And from G4, it is known that alicorns with royal titles have a higher status than all other royal ponies, and this is determined by their seniority as seen with Celestia. Even non-pony royalty held the alicorns in very high regard, treating them like empresses - which they in reality are. The title “princess” is really insignificant. Twilight was likely the reigning princess of the ponies, the queen of Equestria and then the undeclared empress of the international friendship pact, the “Friendship Empire”. Their near-divine magical power has made the alicorns very special.
For Opaline, the Haven’s queen title will be insignificant, as she is only a pegasus and thus inferior to an alicorn. With very few exceptions, the alicorns, when on guard, are among the most powerful magical creatures in existence. Even hideous monsters shied away when Twilight appeared, and only the biggest and most dangerous monsters dared to attack the alicorns, who will avoid using murderous spells under any circumstances - up to a certain limit.
When Opaline is at her full strength and when Sunny has the support of her friends, the ponies who have forgotten all about the alicorns will realize that these are creatures that can make the whole world tremble. As herd animals, ponies seek protection against external threats from the strongest in their own midst. The great irony of the alicorns - is that they are so magical, that they are highly vulnerable to magic if they are not on guard, like when Chrysalis defeated Celestia, when Sombra petrified the royal sisters in the comics, and when Cozy Glow stripped them for their magic. Starlight gave Twilight a run for her money with her spells rather than magical strength.
We have seen that Sunny, even though she was weaker than a normal alicorn, is so magically strong, that she can do the impossible as seen in several TYT episodes. And from “Mane Merge”, we saw that despite a fraction of her alicorn powers, Opaline was able to spread her evil roots over a very large area tens of kilometers in circumference, if not more.
Queen Haven will realize - like everyone else - that titles are worthless in the face of such powerful creatures.
When Sunny got her alicorn powers, there was no ascension, and probably only those with magical instincts like Opaline had sensed that a new alicorn had arisen. An alicorn verse alicorn battle, on the other hand, will be sensed by almost the entire world’s magicians, Opaline will have no reason to hide, and Sunny is ignorant of what exists outside her known part of Equestria. Royals in Equestria and beyond will know that a new power has arrived.
In the face of such power, royal titles will be worthless.
Posted Report
Background Pony #FC51
I didn’t notice it before but looking at Misty’s room, her bed looks more like a bed made for pets. Opaline may consider Misty nothing more than some pet.
Posted Report
Background Pony #20D4
I’m sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings in this thread with my comments about G5 and its fans. I was off my medication and couldn’t display the judgement that I’m supposed to be able to have.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
And regarding if Sunny can and will reform Opaline. I don’t know… Friendship didn’t work with the trio, so if Twilight had to resort to drastic measures, it’s safe to say it didn’t work with her either.
That said, here’s a hot take for an episode idea. Sunny finds out and realises in horror that her idol(s) ain’t as saintly as she makes them out to be when she finds out she couldn’t reform every creature.
I don’t know how nice and naive she is, but if Opaline couldn’t sway her to the dark side, there’s your answer. Either a) she understands not everyone can or want to be saved. Or b) she saves them anyway.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
yeah if twi couldnt reform opaline, i doubt sunny can, esp since its been hundreds of years of opaline stewing on her hatred
Posted Report
Background Pony #B2F1
And regarding if Sunny can and will reform Opaline. I don’t know… Friendship didn’t work with the trio, so if Twilight had to resort to drastic measures, it’s safe to say it didn’t work with her either.
That said, here’s a hot take for an episode idea. Sunny finds out and realises in horror that her idol(s) ain’t as saintly as she makes them out to be when she finds out she couldn’t reform every creature.
I don’t know how nice and naive she is, but if Opaline couldn’t sway her to the dark side, there’s your answer. Either a) she understands not everyone can or want to be saved. Or b) she saves them anyway.
Don’t think Sunny will try to reform Opaline, she’ll more likely beat her to the point that Opaline capitulates completely. We’ve seen that she forgave Sprout, and then let Hitch and the authorities take care of him, in C2 we’ve seen that he was sent to penal servitude, which ended later in C3. It’s not hate that drives Opaline - it’s her pride.
The fate of the Terrible Trio is unknown to Sunny, and we don’t know if they have been released and reformed or let loose when the magic disappeared and settled down for the rest of their lives. Also, I don’t think Sunny will react negatively to it, we haven’t seen any signs that she thinks reforming villains is important, while Twilight “gathered” ex-villains into her “collection”.
She, on the other hand, is concerned with reconciliation, forgiveness and friendship because it is her role to break down contradictions between ponies. She will not reform real villains; she will beat them until they surrender, and will not be alone in assessing their fate; she has a sheriff and a crown princess with her, with close connections to the authorities of Maretime Bay and Zephyr Heights.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Tbh i think they might go with the “she sees the best in everyone even at the cost of herself / others” to give sunny more depth.
Also opaline its both, its obv pride majority, but she is supremacist against other species of ponies.
With sprout he just went mad with power, he was kinda harmless and he was never really “evil”
Posted Report
Background Pony #332E
“Opaline is a generic Saturday morning cartoon villain!”.
It’s not like the G4 villains were super complex either.
Unless you seriously want to argue, “NO, GUYSH, QUEEN CHRYSHALISH ISH ACKSHUALLY A MULTI-DIMENSHUNAL CHARACTER WITH A TRAGIC BACKSHTORY AND COMPLICATED GOALSH!”.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #332E
Chrysalis does have a bit more depth. She’s a foil to Cadence and Celestia when it comes to love and power, respectively. When Celestia and Chrysalis lock horns, they’re both rulers fighting for their subjects.
Posted Report
Background Pony #FC51
I like to think that Opaline doesn’t leave her castle not because she can’t or that something will happen to her if she does, but because she is too weak to be considered a threat so she wants to get her full power back first. Then she will try conquering Equestria and all of its magic once more only this time without Twilight to intervene.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@Background Pony #FC51
Well i mean it is established that even in her weakened state she is still really powerful. The reason she doesnt leave is likely jus her own ego and need to be seen as god. Altho it might be bc shes trapped in her castle maybe?
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Okay! Vote for your favourite mare that’s not part of the M5. Vote one per species/race. You can only vote one character from each
Earth
Dahlia
Mayflower
Posey
J🅰️ZZ
Seashell
Phyliss
Pegasus
Queen Haven
Zoom
Windy
Cherry
Glory
Unicorn
Onyx
Misty
Peach Fizz
(Feel free to also vote for anyone I may have forgotten)
(Maybe it would be easier to find a site to make a survey on, then share the survey?)
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #FC51
By not revealing herself, nobody knows she’s out there, so Opaline maintains the element of surprise. Starlight was less powerful than Twilight, but by studying her opponent and strategically undermining her strengths, Starlight was able to put herself in a situation where she had the easier win condition.
@The Crystal Artist
Earth Pony: Dahlia❤️
Pegasus: Queen Haven
Unicorn: Misty
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Okay! Vote for your favourite mare that’s not part of the M5. Vote one per species/race. You can only vote one character from each
Earth
Dahlia
Mayflower
Posey
J🅰️ZZ
Seashell
Phyliss
Pegasus
Queen Haven
Zoom
Windy
Cherry
Glory
Unicorn
Onyx
Misty
Peach Fizz
(Feel free to also vote for anyone I may have forgotten)
(Maybe it would be easier to find a site to make a survey on, then share the survey?)
Earth Pony: Jazz
Pegasus: Queen Haven
Unicorn: Misty (sorry Onyx…)
Opaline is definitely more shallow than what the usual G4 affair offered TBH.
Who’s to say she won’t be given more depth in the future? Not to mention that the usual G4 affair was definitely a villain with little to no backstory only wanting power. The very first villain backstory we get in FiM with Nightmare Moon that gives Luna a reason to be evil is a reason that never gets expanded on in the show. Nightmare Moon has no personality and Luna’s character development is all about self-acceptance, not elaboration on exactly why she went so wrong. Even Sunset and Starlight, who are known for receiving a good deal of development after being reformed, don’t have any real depth to their personalities while they’re villains (also, Starlight’s reason for going to the lengths she did as a villain was very weak). Same with Discord, only the development he got once he was reformed wasn’t even planned in advance, he was originally intended to just be a one-off over-the-top goofball villain who just does what he does for fun. Even the G4 comics, which broke from the usual affair by giving Sombra a dark and serious backstory and villains who believed they were doing the right thing in the Season 10 comic, gave Chrysalis a backstory of just being born evil. It’s always been this way.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide