MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #E5CF
Saw the new episode and That stuff seems pretty useful to get critters to attack a certain pony. But I’d rather use my Pokémon, since I wouldn’t be making any beings act and feel “Not themselves”
The latest TYT episode shows that this series has changed character, it is now more similar to more regular episodes known from G4, only more action filled despite the shorter time.
Misty’s mood changed faster than expected during the plot, she regretted setting the trap for the dragon that ended up triggering disaster in Maretime Bay. And we know that the critters are omnivores, they were going to eat Hitch if the others hadn’t intervened and expelled the poisoned air from the critters. Misty ended up having to flee, betrayed by Opaline who refused to help her out…
TYT takes on a more important significance for the G5.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

This was a good one. I like how Sparky is really starting to take after his dad. This is paralleled in Misty acting like Opaline. Zipp is trying to be more open to thing thing Pipp wants to do, and also gets to do some sleuthing. Another detail I noticed is that Misty is much more anxious than she was in the Nightmare Night episodes.
All around, it’s a really solid episode that doubles as a set of character development milestones.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
So it seems like TYT intends to stay faithful to this bi-weekly schedule. Good, good. I’m a bigger fan of the other Misty/Opaline episodes, but this one was fine. Favorite part was Misty trying to talk sinisterly like Opaline.
“And a cutie mark for me.”
Misty trying to be evil is just so cute to me.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

@Background Pony #E5CF
Have no idea what your comment has anything to do with my comment. So I’m gonna assume you either replied to the wrong comment or took mine the wrong way.
I was pointing out the gas stuff making the critters go “not themselves” it was late at night so I didn’t think of the word “feral” for example. Then I was saying on how the stuff would be useful to attack a certain pony. Bit then saying using something like Pokémon would be more useful since you wouldn’t have be making critters go feral. Since most Pokémon would attack any baddies you ask them to attack.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Zipp jumping to look for Hitch as a favor for Pipp is nice.
Zipp using a favor for Pipp as an excuse to look for Hitch is hot.
Don’t look at me like that, you all already know I’m filthy shipping trash.
Posted Report
Background Pony #545C
Odd. Have we ever seen a foal get a hairstyle or hoof design done at Mane Melody? Sure there’s the Pippsqueak trio who helps out sometimes, and that short where Sunny, Izzy and Hitch were turnt to foals. But I don’t think we have physically seen a foal get their mane or hooves styled at that place
Seems it might be an adult-only place, with events being special occasions where foals are allowed (or the pippsqueak trio are exceptions)
Posted Report
Background Pony #545C
Jazz kinda feels like somone’s self-insert just shoved in, not caring about the lore. All earth ponies, besides Sunny and Argyle, in the movie were terrified of pegasi (and unicorns). But in one of the Podcasts, Jazz, an earth pony admits to liking Pipp’s music ever since she was a filly.
Sure, Jazz might have been able to somehow connect to the pegasi network. But how did she not get captured by her family, friends or such? I doubt any other earth pony (except Sunny and Argyle) would have been okay with a filly enjoying stuff made by pegasi! Also, how is it that she didn’t grow up believing all the stuff about them, unless she is related to Sunny somehow? Because the movie implied that Sunny and Argyle were the only earth ponies who knew pegasi and unicorns could be friends.
I suppose this can be explained or fixed in someway…
I’m sorry, but Rocky being a big fan of Pipp before magic’s return would be more believable. They are both pegasi and most pegasi were huge fans of Pipp
What does everyone else think?
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
I think its perfectly realistic. Think of it like being gay/out of the closet. There are some who are open publicly and fully accept the possible consequences of everyone knowing it and them like sunny and argyle. Some are more closeted like Jazz, shes doesnt hate the other races but she wont share it publicly due to the possible backlash and ostracization by the community. Especially for someone who’s job relys on trust (personally grooming ponies manes and hooves which are personal to them). Simply put not everyone is willing to be open with it.
As for how, we know there are records that were kept private (altho considering the town, i doubt it was very hard security.) Or maybe she accessed the pegasi wifi or something ,who knows. Point is that its not really unrealistic, itd be more unrealistic actually to have sunny be the only pony to ever have a positive opinion on the other races before the movie
Posted Report
Shimmering Spectacle
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

sTs trinity
as I said before, the moment misty learns about the true meaning of cutie marks, she’ll know what it means to be free from an abusive relationship, and with the latest short, it clearly shows that opaline cares more about getting what is ‘rightfully’ hers, then for her wellbeing.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Hmm, interesting that the gas just affected the critters and not everyone else, maybe the ponies have some immunity to it. Also, damn Opaline, continuing on with your puppy kicking aren’t you?
Episode was pretty good, I enjoyed the dynamic with all the characters and how Hitch’a critters got a time in the spotlight.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

I wonder if Rocky will get his own TYT episode soon. Jazz got one two! So it’s fair that Rocky gets one focused on him… I have high hopes for him. I’ve been hoping he’ll get one soon since September/October.
I kinda like Rocky. I think his design is cute in MYM, minus the eyebrows. I know there’s been equines in the past with eyebrows, like Spirit and Max. But in MLP they do look a bit weird sometimes on these ponies, in my opinion. Especially Rocky, I think they should have made them the same colour as his belly, kinda like how some breeds of dogs up patches/spots above their eyes.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide