MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #545C
You know, I don’t really have much of a problem with anyone’s scheme. Except for Rocky. He’s a cute pony and all, but the tan/cream colouring of his fur is a bit too close to white person’s light skin colouring. Kinda looks a bit uncanny in tyt. Like a human-horse hybrid
I feel like they should have made his main coat colour closer to a Labrador, for example. Or a golden retriever.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Mr.Myoozik
She was expecting it to work on Sparky though, if it’s because she thinks Sparky is a critter.
@Former Trini-Mite
Cameos don’t last long than a single installment, it’ll most likely be someone else who has these Disney Princesses memories somehow.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #545C
Okay so, here’s an inconsistency I’ve been sitting on for awhile:
If the Pegasi and Earth Ponies weren’t in contact for hundreds of years, and didn’t make contact until after Zipp and Sunny were adults, how do they both know what a Bakey-Boo Oven is?
And I came up with a needlessly complicated headcanon to explain it.
We know that Zipp had one as a filly. Now, if the oven was a product of Earth Ponies, then it seems unlikely that one would get smuggled into Zephyr Heights, or that the royals would allow their children to play with one. So it’s probably a product of Zephyr Heights. I think if Argyle is able to acquire all these artifacts, there’s probably some kind of black market that deals in goods from the other tribes. So I think Argyle got his hooves on the oven from there, and gave it to Sunny.
Here’s where it gets interesting. Not only does it tie into her love of baking, it also helps explain why she’s more open to contacting the other tribes. She probably went
“How can they be evil? They made this adorable little oven!”
Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
Shimmering Spectacle
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

sTs trinity
@Lord WyrmSpawN
yeah she’s bleatingly letting misty do everything for her, which is like abuse imo.
also there’s now merch that shows misty’s (possibly true) cutie mark, which means it might be hinting that we’ll see why and how misty doesn’t have one since her foalhood.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Shimmering Spectacle
She’s definitely much more of a “villain” in the sense that she’s working against the heroes than in the sense that she’s “evil”. Calling her a “victim” though, I wouldn’t go that far. Yes, she gets abused, however, she also clearly enjoys the villainous deeds she does and trapped Pipp and Zipp in a cave, where they would’ve starved to death if they were not helped. You’re supposed to feel sorry for her when Opaline mistreats her, but not when she receives comeuppance for doing wrong. I believe that’s the balance the writers intend.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
I think you fundamentally misunderstand what a victim is in this sense. (Also shes an antagonist, Opaline is the villian.)
She by definition is one, yes she does bad things, but at the will of opaline. Reminder shes been manipulated and abused by opaline her whole life, she ofc has a skewed moral sense (altho shes still curious and generally kind), she doesnt really know what ‘evil’ actually means.
We both want to see her succeed for her own confidence (and to not get more berated by opaline), but also fail as obv we dont want the protags to lose.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@LoreJuniper
I…don’t see what I was misunderstanding when I acknowledged that she was abused, of course she’s a victim of that. “They’re not a villain, they’re a victim” tends to imply that an antagonist’s wrongs are justified by what they’ve suffered through, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt you didn’t mean that. Still, it needs to be pointed out that Misty does believe she’s going to get something out of what she’s doing for Opaline. She’s doing bad for both Opaline and herself. I’m only pointing this out because I feel Misty’s character is enjoyed most while not feeling too much pity for her.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide