MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
Oh absolutely, i think at first with misty no longer being a villian, then again once opalines defeated. Thats prob when misty will get her own splash screen
Posted Report
Background Pony #43DD
Side note, I’m glad that Make your Mark doesn’t have big stakes and decides to focus on the characters. If this was made by the G4 writers, the first episode would have been about a dangerous enemy who’s suddenly preparing to attack Maretime Bay, the next 20 episodes would have been about nothing without addressing the danger and then the final episode would have been about facing this danger.
I’m glad they didn’t this time, because I think the G4 writers didn’t pull off some things properly.
The first season I had correctly predicted would be an introductory phase for the Mane 5, the setting around them, slowly building up to the first fight between the heroes and the first G5 villain. What I hadn’t anticipated was that far too little was shown of the surroundings and that there was too little “action” with too much KISS - Keep it simple, stupid - TYT had to take over more from what MYM was going to show because it had been too long between the episodes due to Netflix that won’t show the episodes one by one. Moreover, it was also not foreseen that there was a lack of cooperation on common lore building in TYT and MYM, and partly in the IDW comics, which have built up a good background alternative with the covers and partly the Discord arc.
The G5 characters then had to bear the weight of the new generation that Hasbro has presented to the viewers. And thankfully it works, personality development is emphasized along with the introduction of new characters AS Opaline, the non-corrupt evil alicorn and Misty, the hapless minion. A new character is now coming out, and she who will become Izzy’s student, may be related to Alphabittle who in TYT is a bit interesting in Queen Haven.
C4 is now underway; it’s almost spring, and then MYM will have to be shown again on Netflix - there are many indications that it will come in March, although this is uncertain; but it must appear before Easter. From what is understood, the Mane 5 and Opaline will probably have their clash in the last two MYM episodes. And maybe we’ll get a surprise at the end after Opaline is defeated; for the G5 teams may have something big in the plans for us beyond this year.
Because it seems that the G5 teams now know how to continue the G5 towards the end that may have been conceived before the movie was broadcast, they are in a non-stop learning process where they receive impulses and process them from the fans and others who thus get allowed to leave their mark on future work. Fleecs from the IDW comics thus comes into the picture.
Posted Report
Background Pony #43DD
@Shimmering Spectacle
I heavily agree with this. As inevitable as it has been, she’s Twi’s successor. Same goes for Izzy with Pinkie, as well as Zipp for Dash
Sunny had very little screen time so far in S1 of G5, this will be corrected in the next season as it is said that she will learn how to control her alicorn powers and the G5 teams will concentrate on her personality development , not least after the conclusion of the Opaline arc. Since it has been observed that the ponies did not know about the alicorns, possibly only considering them as near unknown mythological creatures, Opaline’s attack and her declaration that the alicorns have the right to rule over the Ponykind may come as a great shock to all the ponies . Then many ponies are going to be concerned about Sunny not only as protection against powerful magical enemies, but also about her potential as a future ruler.
In TYT, it is seen that Sunny had been given an unofficial role as an authority figure in Maretime Bay with power “on loan” from the authorities, with Sheriff Hitch in her vicinity. And Queen Haven and Alphabittle were seen keeping a sharp eye on Sunny. But it was likely only in conjunction with the reunification of the pony tribes and the return of magic, where Sunny with her knowledge has an advantage. It is possible that Sunny had kept hidden the knowledge of the special status the alicorns have, from everyone, including her friends. Because we’ve seen in MYM and then TYT that she just wants to remain an ordinary pony who just wants to help out other ponies with her alicorn powers, and her ambitions were never about power or influence. This, according to Opaline, makes her the worst threat to her plans because Sunny will never accept the alicorns’ right to rule just because they are alicorns.
When the ponies realize how incredibly strong the alicorns really are, and that Opaline cannot be the only threat to them in a magically active world, while relearning the history of alicorns, this will put Sunny in the spotlight for everyone. Opaline, for her part, wants to put such a severe blow on Sunny that the young pony has to reconsider everything, already in TYT it had been seen that she seemed to have had second thoughts about lying low and doing little. She must then step forward and start taking the lead. Her friends will help, they have now reached the point where they can accept Sunny’s choice.
We saw a potential leader in Sunny in the movie. Then it’s time for the pony who inspired strange ponies to believe in her and gives them hope, however vague, to step out of the shadow she had willingly raised around her. She is the element of Hope. She doesn’t want to be Twilight, she never will be her, she wants to do things her way, although she will live up to her role as Twilight’s successor.
Posted Report
Shimmering Spectacle
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

sTs trinity
@Background Pony #43DD
She being a Successor is good, yet as I said it’s better that she of her own character, and on one else
And with Queen haven and Alphabittle looking out for sunny, it may be possible that it was her father dying wish, that they should look out for her no matter what, now I know that Argyle died before the 3 ponies special could unite once again, yet according to the starscout code short, havan and alpha each had of a piece of that tapestry that showed sunny and her friends there, so it’s probable that Argyle were still in good terms with those two, in spite of their tripes being separated.
Also in the same short, it showed sunny’s mane(as a newborn) with those highlights, and the reason why sunny’s mane has those, is maybe cause she was born with alicorn powers that was likely dormant during most of her filly life and partially as a fully grown mare, which would explain why her hair was just plain and simple pink, so of course the highlights may’ve just faded away as she grew (in the g5 movie) until the crystal just awakened her Alicorn power and the highlights appeared, again.
Which may mean that the crystals didn’t give her those powers willingly, they just unlocked them inside her.
Shimmering Spectacle
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

sTs trinity
@GoodVibesGorgeous
you may be right on that, yet a part of me is saying that it was intentional on the g5 crew besides, that tapestry is as old as sunny, perhaps older, and it begs the question: if Queen Haven, Alphbittle, and/or Argyle didn’t make it, then who did?
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
Maybe. We dont know the gap between TLP and g5. All the destiny blanket confirms is that it was at least 200 years, which was kinda presumed lol. Imo its likely a clean 1k years since g4
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Sounds about right.
1k years before G4, complete chaos.
Next 999 years before G4, peace.
Time of G4, complete chaos.
Next 999 years before G5, peace.
Time of G5, bae is born.
Only things worth mentioning happens every 1k years.
Posted Report
Background Pony #43DD
Yep! The rule of clean numbers in fiction hehe
One thousand years between the last episode of G4 and the G5 movie; 100 to 200 years between Equestria’s collapse and the start of the G5. Twilight according to the IDW covers had ruled for many centuries and probably become the world’s most powerful sapient with a large “empire” more like our world’s UN than a traditional empire. The blanket showed an empty throne which at first impression pointed out where one part of it was, but as it is standing “in front” of Sunny who had become as big as Luna - she is bigger than her friends (Misty might appear on it since the blanket is magical) - it can mean that an empire is waiting for its leader.
We don’t know much about Argyle, but from the movie it was realized that he had his enigmatic side as when it seemed that he knew about Sunny’s fate - which we now know is due to the finding of the blanket which may have been made by Twilight. It is described that he was the ponies’ answer to Indiana Jones in his time, and that he had an adventurous life when he found and collected curiosities and other things from the G4. We still don’t know how he got hold of Twilight’s feather. Or how Grogar’s bell ended up in his custody. That Argyle may have met Queen Haven and Alphabittle may have happened, and it is possible that the three of them had some kind of friendly relationship with each other.
Sunny’s personality development should involve Argyle’s past.
And it’s possible ay Sunny’s rainbow streak when she was just a foal was done on purpose because from what’s been learned about the ponies’ magic, it seems to be timeless with no past, present and future. She was destined to be an alicorn and Twilight’s successor even before she was born. Twilight predicted her successor in the time before the collapse.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
I still think it’s an error not retroactive like sibling additions. Speaking of which, none of the mane 5 had siblings outta nowhere so far.
Posted Report
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Phoenixflambe
Not only too early(or maybe even too late) to squeeze them in, but the world they’ve established isn’t yet big enough to say they were off doing something more important off screen.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide