MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #1138
The movie VAs being replaced isn’t a big deal.
It’s common for the VAs for an animated movie to get replaced when a cartoon based on the movie is made.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Background Pony #1138
Yes. And it was something planned from the start, as the leaks from December 2017 show.
Useless addendum: Other dubs who had celebrities also did the same (with the only interesting exception being the Russian dub)… Although there are many dubs who also replaced professional (or near-professional) VAs for no reason (Sunny, Hitch, Pipp and Phyllis in the Brazilian Portuguese dub being some examples).
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Briarlight
The first few episodes of TYT give us some important downtime for the characters to process all the changes that ANG brought. Chapter 1 is important because it acts as the “wakeup call”; magic is back, but they can’t get complacent.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
Not just downtime for us, it’s very important to show how the town of Maretime Bay is reacting to the new changes in the world too. Posey gets formally introduced in that special as well, we get the foreshadowing for Misty and Opaline, and the first appearance of the ever-important lantern. I don’t see how Make Your Mark Chapter 1 is in any way “filler”.
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@🧡☮Starrscout☮🧡
That’s true! I know I’m a little late, but yeah (also, I don’t really concern myself with a vocal minority - or at least, not that particular grouping)
@CloudMistDragon
Same, I think it’s not great, but still good
@Briarlight
I think it was worthwhile for introducing the things it did, not just the Earth pony magic or Sparky, but also giving a better feel of the character dynamics now that the Mane 5 are living together, now that magic is back, and also getting used to the changes on the production side of things (tbf, TYT already introduced the new voices, but the actors give slightly different performances between the two)
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@CloudMistDragon
Very true - though I feel I should note you’re obviously speaking of MYM only, as her first appearance is in episode 5 of TYT, Mane Melody, while IIRC her first voiced appearance is in episode 7/8, Clip Trot (I forget whether it’s 7 by production order and 8 by release order, or vice-versa).
I only really bring that up, however, because I watched the first four episodes of TYT a little under a week after they were released in April 2022 (on April 13th, to be exact, right after I watched the movie for the first time), and didn’t watch episode 5 until September (the 3rd, IIRC), so when I would explore the comments section on Derpibooru, I kept thinking “who is this Posey character everyone keeps bringing up?”, haha
Speaking of episode 5, I think it’s interesting that what can essentially be considered the theme song of TYT (considering its instrumental plays over every TYT end credits sequence), in “Let Out Your Light”, doesn’t appear until then.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Jonny Manz
I wrote that comment being fully aware of the fact that the episodes of TYT she was in came first. Thus why I said formally introduced. In Mane Melody, we have no clue who Posey is or why she’s not too thrilled about the work done on her mane while in Make Your Mark’s pilot, we actually get introduced to who Posey is as a character, explaining her worldview and personality.
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@CloudMistDragon
Ah, yeah, I figured that might be it but didn’t feel like typing all that out, so went the lazy way and just said MYM (which thinking back over it, is not exactly the same thing but still kinda works?)
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Jonny Manz
I guess it makes sense either way, since even if it was just MYM I meant, that formal introduction to Posey is still important for understanding her character and showing that it’s taking time for some ponies to accept the changes to the world in MYM. If they didn’t show that, that would be sloppy storytelling and worldbuilding and it’s not the kind of thing that would work with formally introducing Posey in TYT.
Elidiotadelaesquina
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Artist -

Stupid idiot
I’m genuinely curious ¿are G5 ponies expensive for you guys?
I’ve wanted to buy something related to Sunny or Opaline, but I always feel that I have to wait better for a discount.
I don’t take online stores into account because I always choose the fastest shipping, so it’s expensive for me anyway.
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@CloudMistDragon
Speaking of toy sales, if you want a good laugh, read the first posting on the most recent Community Soapbox post on EqD, where the author jumps to some wild “sky is falling” conclusions (though it’s not surprising, considering I knew that person when I was more a regular on the FiM Wiki)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide