MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #78BB
Fight me but I like Misty’s new mane color way more than her old one. I think it looks happier and suits her even if some people think it is too bright.
Background Pony #C1C5
G5 still isn’t finished with Season 1.
I don’t see why it wouldn’t get at least 1 more season. I would imagine Hasbro wants G5 to continue as long as possible.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@🧡☮Starrscout☮🧡
Wouldn’t place bets on that. I don’t want a repeat of that “sweet, summer child” feeling thinking Chapter 4 would come in March, even as evidence suggests that was the original time it was going to come out. At least this time, we have a better reason to think it will be five to six months of waiting for a new episode batch at the latest, meaning Chapter 5 coming in November/December at the latest, given what was announced with the plans of Make Your Mark content this year alongside the initial episode order.
@Dustcan
I do enjoy the irony of how G5 actually probably broke a record last year for MLP with its frequent output of content. Forty-two shorts from Tell Your Tale in nine months combined with the MYM content, don’t believe G4 was ever giving us new content that often, even in 2017 with all those Equestria Girls shorts and the movie.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
To add another bit of stupid to the marketing. Despite chapter 4 also containing 6 episodes only the special seems to be advertised
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #672A
Because we’ve been over this. New episodes this year have been 100% confirmed for quite some time.
This is what I was referring to in the previous post. It’s not just new episodes with Chapter 4, new episodes with Chapter 5 are planned to be coming this year too. Our most trusted, accurate leaker, mdash, also confirmed a while back that production on Chapter 5 was finished.
Background Pony #4D38
MYM Chapter 4 leaks (99,99999% real):
”You are just like your grandmother, Misty. You are as weak as she was.“
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #13BA
Thanks for pointing that out, reworded my comment for accuracy. Yeah, I’m not in the know of absolutely everything, but I do know enough to know that there are definitely new episodes coming. I also edited my comment to include mdash’s confirmation of MYM Chapter 5’s full completion.
Background Pony #15E7
It is very surprising; two chapters at once on June 6. It has been revealed that we will have a special and six episodes, so that means we will get C4 and “C5” at once. At the same time, it came out that new chapters are on the way, and a strange piece of information is “45x5” episodes for the next TYT season, what are these 5 episodes? Are these extended episodes with more time than the short five-minute episodes?
If this is correct, it’s going to take a lot of time to process that much at once with a 44-minute special and 6 22-minute episodes. Especially since we know what’s going to happen at the end of the episodes and there may be secrets to discover as seen with C3 surrounding the mysterious star and its mysterious connection with the Unity Crystals. The trailer of the special showed the moon - and this cannot be a coincidence.
I don’t like Netflix. How can they not have regular screening like other TV channels? This led to too large a time gap between MYM chapters and a loss of interest, and it is not only Hasbro that is struggling, other manufacturers are equally annoyed. If we could have a MYM episode every month this could have been good.
After June 6, it is not possible to know when C5/C6 will arrive, it could happen in August/September as C4, which should have come out in March, was greatly delayed. After this you can get C7 in November, maybe a special, then we have “two specials” and “two chapters”, not including C4 in the year 2023.
The reception of C2 was mixed, there were not good scripts (stupid, especially when Opaline had nothing to do with the matter when the earth pony magic went berserk) in several of the episodes although this improved towards the end, and C3 was less eventful and more secretive than expected. In C4 we should expect to see sea ponies, a mysterious forest and Misty’s relationship with Opaline explained, before the alicorn battle between Opaline and Sunny.
The TYT team was better than the MYM team despite ugly blunders around Sparky and the treatment of Posey, but it is noticeable that these are kept under very tight reins, while MYM, which was supposed to “show” the world, was very reluctant to do as seen then C3 is displayed. There were several TYT episodes that are better than what MYM had shown.
And we don’t know yet if the IDW comics are AU, or if MYM will be AU in relation to G4.
Regardless; G5’s future depends on this. We can only hope that close cooperation between TYT, IDW and MYM will improve the quality.
Background Pony #C1C5
Since Chapter 4 of MYM is almost here, how would you rate G5 so far? How does it compare to G4?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide