MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #6F46
The writers for the upcoming Transformers movies were announced a few days ago. It’s possible that the writer for the MLP movie is going to be revealed in the coming days or weeks.
Background Pony #6F46
I can’t wait for the Toy Fair! Looking so forward, even though they probably only will show Pony Life stuff.

@MaresFillies  
It’s a reboot, not a sequel or spin-off.

@Wiimeiser  
It’s nice to know I’m not the only busy in February 22nd.
Background Pony #6F46
News from the G5 movie (from the Toy Fair):  
-Its name is, once again, My Little Pony: The Movie.  
-It’s a fully CGI movie co-produced by Entertainment One (Allspark is gone, everything is EOne now) and Paramount Pictures.  
-It has new characters. However, they didn’t say if the Mane 6 and Spike would be replaced or if those new characters are everybody besides the Mane 6 and Spike.

Well, we didn’t get much today but okay.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I can’t find any news on the announcement, not even on EQD, all mentions of the movie on Google date back at least 4 months. Seems nothing MLP was mentioned at the fair except PL Trixie & Vinyl and a castle…
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Background Pony #926E  
So if it’s being aimed at an older audience, they’re going to go the comedy route… Geez, are they really doing what I think they’re doing? We need more non-comedy adult cartoons. Name me five western adult cartoons that aren’t comedy.
Background Pony #6F46
@Wiimeiser  
Of course they would go for comedy, and I’m kinda happy about that. I kinda dislike non-comedic cartoons (and I don’t like adult-oriented cartoons as well, but I would be willing to watch if G5 was adult-oriented).
Background Pony #6F46
@Background Pony #AEE9  
Well, the wording is rather ambiguous. Chevistian (the closest to a reliable source we have) didn’t specify whether the new characters are everybody besides Mane 6 and Spike or if they will be replaced as well.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide