MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Littlecabbit  
I think G4’s worldbuilding was neat but a bit rudimentary and think there was a lot of wasted potential. I think having a new setting that could learn from G4 and expand upon the themes of friendship in more mature ways would really be cool. I would love it to be TV Y7 instead of starting as rated E/I.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Cosmas-the-Explorer

I’m not sure if MLP would ever need a Y7 rating, FiM made it an Art form how thoroughly they could imply even mass death in the Season 5 finale when Twilight and Starlight went to a future that had no life left in it, and in “A Hearth’s Warming Tail” when it implied that Equestria would freeze in a never ending winter should Hearth’s warming eve ever be forgotten about.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
If you have six main characters and focused each episode on a different group dynamic you would have 63 episodes. Six solo episodes. Fifteen duos. Twenty trios. Fifteen quartets. Six quintets and one with all six. BOOM! Three seasons.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Brass Beau  
You’d still need two more to hit syndication. You could have two “all six” episodes as the pilot and finale, and an episode that focuses on secondary characters. Or three “all six” episodes including episodes 1 and 65.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Wiimeiser  
The Last Airbender had 61 episodes so I figured “close enough” but if we increase the number of main characters to seven then we get 127 episodes so that might be the better route to go.
skilledful

I waited much years a episode Twilight and Applejack on mlp ,but “the cider louse fools”(eg) is satisfactory. I hope several group dynamic in g5 .
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
It was recently revealed that the Mane 6 may appear in the movie (but not as main characters). I wonder if it’ll be the same we know and love or alternate versions? If it’ll be alternate versions, will Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie keep their races from FiM (in Twilight’s case, the race she initially was) or they’ll be the ones from early G5 concept art?
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
@Latecomer  
So that leaves us with dragons and the three (possibly four) pony races. I don’t see them dropping zebras. They might drop donkeys, though. I wonder if we’ll see horned or winged zebras or if we’ll see variance in design based on horse breed.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Horses, zebras and donkeys are all equines. Zecora was a popular character and the design is simple but distinct so I’d imagine zebras would stay.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Brass Beau  
I actually consider zebras to be a pony race. The races to me are earth pony, pegasus, unicorn, batpony, zebra, kirin, kelpie, and flutterpony, plus abada and alicorn.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide