MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
Just to remember: We don’t know if the G4 characters will appear in the G5 series. We only know they’ll probably appear in the movie but won’t be the main characters.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Well, G4 already had the stigma of the series being just for girls cracked. Give the dragons interesting designs and they could easily be marketed as “boys toys”
Background Pony #6ABD
@Brass Beau  
I don’t think that’s a good idea, I feel like that would just imply that boys can’t like ponies as much or that girls can’t like dragons as much. G4 proved boys (of all ages) love ponies, I don’t think making a “My Little Pony but for boys! My Little Dragon!” would show that Hasbro supports that idea.

I think having cool MLP dragon toys would be great but marketing them too differently from the ponies is just a bad idea in my opinion.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #6ABD  
Agreed but thinking like a marketing executive, pony toys get placed in the “girls toy isle” but so to compete for the attention of the additional demographic you’d want something in the “boys toy aisle” as well. Now, while Hasbro does have Transformers toys in that aisle, being able to market two aisles of toys with one show is to their benefit. Should the strategy prove successful, then it’s likely a more girls oriented line of Transformers toys is also possible. While it may be counterintuitive to the messaging of the series, it fits within that corporate mindset. Nothing is really stopping boys from buying ponies or girls buying dragons.
Background Pony #6ABD
@DoctorWTF  
Yeah, they don’t specifically label it that way I’m Target anymore. And I think Hasbro doesn’t separate their revenue reports by gender anymore.
Background Pony #6ABD
Not a direct reply to anyone but kind of related:  
Either way, MLP will (probably) always be a very ‘feminine’ brand no matter who it’s marketed to and that’s okay. Some little girls don’t like it because of that and some little boys DO like it because of that and that’s just how it is, it doesn’t have to lose femininity to appeal to everyone and G4 proved that.  
GoH was probably the most stereotypically “masculine” the toys ever got and they still had “feminine” touches.
Background Pony #6ABD
So guys, when do you think we can expect stuff like G5 character designs, character names, a movie synopsis and name, hell, a teaser trailer? Basically any news that isn’t incredibly vague?
Background Pony #D637
There’s line from the resent He Man and Masters of Multiverse comic that appeals to franchise like MLP it goes like this “thanks for mastering these worlds with us and here’s to new worlds to come”
Latecomer

So while discussing some G4 stuff with someone, it came up that all of the Manes, for all their personal diversity, come from happily married same-tribe opposite-sex parents. And most of them are pretty middle-class, too. I’d like some more diversity of background in G5, especially if we’re skipping the whole “direct line to the ruler” thing G4 had.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
AJ seemed to he lower (middle?) class with dead parents. Twilight seemed to he upper (middle?) class. What’s interesting is that Equestria seems to be gentrified. The upper echelon are unicorns that live in Canterlot. Pegasi seem to prefer living in Cloudsdale which other ponies can’t live on. With demographics like that, it’s no surprise that ponies rarely mix blood.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think I prefer a different version of Ponyville. Using the same town would imply that the MLP G5 would be a direct sequel of G4. And I want to see new worlds, new characters, new concepts, new contexts, new art, new actual crazy things…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide