MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #4608
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
Oh, I understand the rushing of episodes and stuff, but what Rebecca said there being no villians make no sense what so ever. The Diamonds were villains, literally.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #4608  
Rebecca Sugar: “What I said was true, from a certain point of view.”

I think I dropped out of SU around the time they Steven had anxiety attacks from killing Bismuth(?) And that one Ruby. I don’t really remember.

Anyways, what kind of “villains” do y’all think we’ll be getting? Selfish and scheming? Someone that thinks what their doing is right? Maybe a complete loon that does whatever for reasons no one could possibly fathom? All of the above?
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Background Pony #4608  
Yes, I agree. They probably reformed as there wouldn’t be another way to fix the corrupted gems (most of the fandom wanted that)… And their new powers (apparently, a Diamond becoming good means their power becomes less destructive) ended up being pretty useful (well, Yellow and White’s powers, Blue’s basically are the Gem equivalent of getting high).

@Brass Beau  
Probably like Sombra, Storm King and (in my opinion) Chrysalis: Irredeemably evil, but charismatic.
Background Pony #6879
@Vortaxonus  
And yet, so many people wanted to see Starlight get beaten in a fight with Twilight back in Season 5…not realising that anger is what made her so damn strong :P

Oh and awkward writing, but we’ll gloss over that :P
Background Pony #4608
Nightmare Moon was a good Antagonist, but they should’ve explored her more. Starlight was also a good antagonist, but again they should’ve explored her. When I think of a Villain that would be good for mlp I want someone who gets down and dirty but still is fun.
Background Pony #4608
@Latecomer  
Yeah, but if Nightmare Moon was done right not only would Luna would have been better developed but so would have Celestia. All Glimmer really needed was a better reasoning on why she was they way she was, and have her redemption arc longer and more thought out.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
A charismatic, unapologetically evil villain that knows he’s evil and loves it that can not be defeated for very long? Sounds like Discord except he doesn’t directly confront the protagonists. Maybe lay a curse on someone or summon monsters in an area. He’s basically a very bored Fey and the protagonists overcoming his challenges amuse him… He’s a sadistic GM.
Background Pony #4608
@Brass Beau  
Discord was more of fun Antagonist. Having an actual bad villian would seem good.Like maybe their motives are they are tired of seeing the same thing everyday bubbly happy go lucky friends to the end ponies, so they want to do something new. They embrace darkness, so when they see a pony who’s different from the rest, the villian gets interested and sees the potential in that said pony.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
I just realized I described Hawkmoth without an end goal. As for resolution, it would probably be a similar thing to G4. He becomes convinced to use his chaos for the benefit of others like in The Break Up Breakdown with Sugarbelle’s wheel. It doesn’t even need to be friendship that makes him change. Just that constructive chaos could be more fun.

@Background Pony #4608  
Something like that could- that sounds like Hawkmoth, again.
Background Pony #4608
@Brass Beau  
Sorry, I don’t know who that is.  
Basically I was ripping that idea a little from Garou from One Punch Man. But make them more two-faced.
Background Pony #4608
@Latecomer Beau”:/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=4982039#post_4982039  
Ohh, that sounds interesting. So while he sends his minons to do his dirty work, he acts all happy face in front of the good guys. I like villain like that.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Latecomer  
That actually might be a good mlp villain too. Have someone the ponies trust, just for that character to betray them. Not only would that hurt the rest of the main cast, but they could have that one pony that really cared(gullible) for said character.If they do it right, there would be hints sprinkled out in the show, that would make the audiance question themselves.That said character could even go on adventures too, to confused the audiance even more.Then when the reveal is shown, you could look back and all the peices fit on what made this character suspicious.Not what they did Discord, but actually make the backstabber actually seem friendly and sweet in the beginning, and that friendly and sweet personality doesn’t even have to stop when the character betrays the cast. That would be a great lesson to teach to kids.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
I’ve been reading the leaked emails and I think what they said may help us on our theories…

@Latecomer  
Pretty sure that when Gabriel gets exposed as Hawk Moth, no one in the cast besides Adrien (and maybe Lila, something tells me she is going to discover his identity before everybody else) will be surprised.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide