MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Wiimeiser  
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
From December 2017. Since posting stuff from the leaks here still is forbidden (I hate this rule, there are stuff from other non-G5-related leaks in this site), I’ll just write down the important parts:  
-Lore: 5-year strategy, simplify rules and create a good vs. evil conflict, Star Wars model (what the heck does that mean?), central conflict (missing “the dark side” in FiM vs. retro fitting. Once again: What the heck does that mean?), clearly estabilish and define worlds. All of that in order to broaden the audience and add depth to the seasonal story-telling (and open up opportunities related to it).  
(On the original document, there is a picture from Shadow Play alongside the text)
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
Five year plan? Sounds like they’re planning beyond 65 episodes unless they only plan on doing five 13 episode seasons.  
Simplify rules? Wonder if that’ll be explained in the show or just used internally.  
Good versus Evil conflict? Probably going to lack nuance but exploring the greys of morality would be cool.  
Star Wars model? Central conflict missing dark side? Retro fitting? I think I heard something about rainbows of light and darkness in an earlier generation. Could they be referring to that?  
Clearly establish and define worlds? Yes, please!  
Seasonal storytelling? Sounds like we’ll be getting arcs.  
Not sure any of this is still good but it’s certainly interesting.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
So they really are gonna go serious for this one! I HOPE it has more mystery too. A movie and a 44 minutes special seem a bit much,but I can understand it. If the movie is tie in to the show that must mean the movie comes out later during 2021. I hope the movie does well since it can make or break the show, however it does seem they have some nice ideas.
Background Pony #13BA
Very interesting stuff. 1 complete season per 2 years? I wonder how that’s going to play out. But who knows if some of these plans have changed, since it’s been 3 years. Anything could happen in between. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Background Pony #13BA  
Actually the picture from the Russian Licensing Summit is from two months ago, so at least the stuff related to Pony Life and G5 movie are true. I assume the G5 series will actually premiere in Spring 2022, as Pony Life and the first four seasons of FiM also premiered in the Spring.
Background Pony #13BA
@Brass Beau  
Look at the years for each section of the season. Two years.

Someone was able to translate the parts in the original post:

Premiere Calendar  
We invite you to Hasbro License Summit in October 2020  
Pony Life Season 1 — Fall 2020  
Pony Life Season 2 — Spring 2021  
G5 Movie — Fall 2021  
G5 44 min Special — Spring 2022  
G5 Show Season 1 (first half) — Fall 2022  
G5 Show Season 1 (second half) — Spring 2023  
G5 Show Season 2 (first half) — Fall 2023  
G5 Show Season 2 (second half) — Spring 2024  
Videos, music videos, digital content, toys — always.

So yeah, the first half of the season is in the fall of 2022, and the second half will be in the spring of 2023. One complete season per two years. Looks like only two seasons are confirmed. If successful enough, it could get more. We’ll just have to wait and see.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
The potential of gen 5 is through the roof. Gen 5 might actually be better than gen 4, since it seem they are going to go pretty serious. Slice-of-life is cool, but a lot of people like over arching stories,which would make gen 5 writing definitly have to be a lot better. And regarding the movie, if the movie sponds memes you know it going to get popular lol.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide