MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #6ABD
@Background Pony #7A60  
Ah, I too was a child when G4 first aired and have been watching ever since. Been in the Brony fandom for a while too, and while I’ve had mostly good experiences, like a lot of fandoms I’ve seen enough…entitlement that I worry about it becoming too toxic. I feel like it’ll be fine, the majority of people in it are just fine. But unfortunately, there will probably be a vocal minority of badness. There will be a big mix of young adults/older teenagers who grew up with G4, people who got into G4 as adults and are sticking around, adults who didn’t jump onto G4 but are here now, people who were fans ever since G1, heck, even kids who were too young to be around for G4 who have perhaps too much internet access. So even if the fandom won’t reach the same highs as 2012, it will still be an interesting time.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
I must admit; Pipp’s new eye color (green) is kind of difficult to get used to when trying to think of accuracy in palette; especially since her old eye color (pink) was the only one revealed for two whole months (thus lots of fanart has already used it before her new eye color was introduced).
Applepie1973

Nostalgia Purist
@Background Pony #7A60
Ah, I too was a child when G4 first aired and have been watching ever since. Been in the Brony fandom for a while too, and while I’ve had mostly good experiences, like a lot of fandoms I’ve seen enough…entitlement that I worry about it becoming too toxic. I feel like it’ll be fine, the majority of people in it are just fine. But unfortunately, there will probably be a vocal minority of badness. There will be a big mix of young adults/older teenagers who grew up with G4, people who got into G4 as adults and are sticking around, adults who didn’t jump onto G4 but are here now, people who were fans ever since G1, heck, even kids who were too young to be around for G4 who have perhaps too much internet access. So even if the fandom won’t reach the same highs as 2012, it will still be an interesting time.

Right said
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

So far, I like the aesthetics enough, but I don’t actually expect G5 to appeal to me. If I’m right, no harm done. If I’m wrong, great!

I discovered FiM three months out of high school, while sitting on my dad’s couch with my new laptop. FiM is something that was with me for almost the entirety of my transition from teenager to adult. Each season coincides with a chapter of my life. Point being, I highly doubt G5 is going to have the same meaning that G4 had.
Background Pony #6ABD
@DerpyFast  
I think that sentimental feeling will be missing for a lot of us…I just hope it could be something special for new folks.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
@Shimmering Spectacle  
I said more than that. I was saying the sixth character would also be temporary, and not just be a simple addition to the main cast. Basically; While the sixth character would join the main cast in the middle of the movie, the character also leaves the main cast near the end of the movie, so there would be only five main characters after the movie ends.
TheFinite

Shiny Bug
Maybe it’s like Final Fantasy II, and the 6th character slot gets swapped out every other episode because they keep getting killed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide