MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
These is only one thing that I think needs to be ensured to me. It’s that Sunny, Izzy and Pipp wouldn’t be copies of Twilight, Pinkie or Rarity but that they would be able to be their own characters with traits that distinguish them. Let’s hope they remember this.
Background Pony #E0A9
The song that was leaked in Korean has a Psycho reference.

Looks like G5, like G4, will have references and jokes meant for adults.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@TOMNICE  
Though now that I think about it, I did like those Student Six even if they were somewhat similar to the Mane Six.

If the Mane Five are very similar to the Mane Six, then it will not necessarily be a deal breaker for me just a missed oppurtunity.

But I do like that some roles are swapped like Izzy is in Rarity’s position but with Pinkie’s attitude. Or Sunny as Twilight but more open from the beginning and has some competitiveness from Dash.

I guess at the very least all I ask for is that they make them have good chemistry between themselves and go through interesting stories and for G5 to try have their own unique spin on things.
Background Pony #AC19
@Jaredking203  
Why? This is normal. Many kid movies have references and jokes meant for adults. It’s because they are trying to get the parents’ attention, too. It’s nothing new. They do it since forever. Just not with movies and TV shows meant for toddlers. You’ll never see an adult joke in Barney, the Dinosaur.
Background Pony #E0A9
Hitch seems to worry a lot, judging by the Fit Right In song.

Now I’m imagining him as a nervous wreck because of the stress of his job.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Speaking about adult jokes in kids films, I recently watched Stuart Little. And jesus christ, this is one of the most harmless “playing-safe” films I’ve ever watched. I don’t remember any joke that was either for adults or witty.

I don’t expect the G5 to have adult jokes (although it would be great), but, considering these are the writers of Gumball, I’m assuming we’ll get some quality stuff in terms of comedy.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
Yeah, I know that. But, while I appreciate these pop-culture references, I think we got too much of it in G4, like that Daft Punk reference from Rainbow Rocks or the Shining reference in season 5. I didn’t feel these references were clever. I felt these references were there because “it existed”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide