MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Shimmering Spectacle  
I didn’t want to have to quit pony, but they don’t seem to like us Bronies at all. It makes me sad. I was done with ponies, but still had good eternal memories of them living in my heart and they just ripped it out of my chest. 😭
stalker1234

meeeeeee
@Shimmering Spectacle

Many G4 fans if they want the characters to return, I am also one of those and I will not see it without G4 is a … bad story, I saw it, I saw the leaks, the spoilers, the movie in Russian and noooo only references to G4 but nothing else, the ending just leaves you with the idea that it will continue … but it does not compare to the 2017 movie, G5 is just a story for fans who only want to see ponies just because, because they got bored to see the G4 and they want new ponies even if they ruin G4 to create a new story,
stalker1234

meeeeeee
For Quality Brony Posts I will look for you and report you, why do you upload my opinions to Twitter to make fun of yourself, the fans who are still here, be careful, there are g5 toxics who upload opinions on other networks just to make fun
natef

Fwiw, I came across a couple of film critic reactions to the movie on Twitter and they were both fairly enthusiastic, important caveat being it’s always hard to tell how a movie’s reception will turn out at the start as sometimes critics get wine and dined by studios to encourage positive PR.

Regardless, seems a press screening was today so we should see English reactions flooding in pretty soon.
stalker1234

meeeeeee
Be careful seriously, the G5 lover bronys of now are passed for stalkers, I did not know that if I posted an opinion, I would have a fiery stalker who uploads my opinions to Twitter, for that fiery stalker, I will tell you, G4 is better, even if it hurts.
Background Pony #9485
I don’t have any way to watch it right now, and I don’t understand Russian anyway, so I don’t have much of a choice but to wait.
Background Pony #93C5
Gee, now everybody know how childish SparkleDash can be, not letting go of G4 to the point of insanity.

No matter western animations or eastern animations, they’ll gotta end someday, some ended beautifully, some ended in cliffhanger (luckily MLP ended beautifully, while shows that lived too long if the creators die, cliffhanger for sure).
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Background Pony #93C5  
It’s one thing to end it, it’s another thing to bring Equestria back just to kill off all our favorite ponies and make them failures. Imagine if it turned out that both Steve and Blue had died between the original Blue’s Clues and the reboot. That would be so sad, but instead, they honored the original and made a new series that made everyone in the world happy. They even had Steve give a special message for grown-up millennials like myself recently and it was beautiful. It’s not fair to kill the MLP characters off in such a brutal and insulting way that implies that all their goals were total failure. (My opinion.) 😞
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the difference between Izzy and Rarity. While creativity is a part of Rarity’s character, I’d argue that Craft (i.e. adhering to rules and rituals in order to achieve a specific result), is more central to her character. Creativity is more about lateral, outside-the-box thinking and the ability to innovate, which is what an inventor needs.

In the latest trailer, we see that Hitch has a very straightforward approach to problem-solving. So I’m wondering if Izzy and Hitch are going to bond over their different approaches to solving problems.
natef

@SparkleDash

Who said anything about the M6 being killed off in a “brutal” manner? They probably just pass on of natural causes.

But anyway, the fact that conflict happens in Equestria after their time has passed does not make them failures. They never said they were going to make everyone friends for all eternity. It’s more like what Applejack said in the last two parter: “Bad things happen. No matter what you do, there’s never gonna be a time when everything’s perfect. But that don’t mean you quit trying.”
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@natef  
No, Princess Twilight is immortal! The only way she would ever die is if one of the bad guys won, which is unacceptable to me!!! 😭

And no, they ARE failures in this show!!! Equestria was segregated, Twilight failed at spreading friendship!!! It’s so sad and not fair!!!!! Some bad things happening does not mean we should accept apocalyptic events!!!!! Twilight was the Princess of Friendship, if she couldn’t prevent a massive war that resulted in genocide of many different species and forced segregation, killing literally billions, that means that she is a failure and it’s not fair at all!!!!! I feel so bad for Tara Strong right now. 😣
Background Pony #93C5
@SparkleDash  
Well, time for you to learn the balance between fiction and reality, otherwise you’ll lose more of your sanity and negatively effecting real life of yours…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide